Cheesehead
Reaction score
anyone got a guess on final score?

assuming rodgers plays...

Pack 35 Pats 21

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
didnt brady throw 4 TDs in a quarter against Tennessee last year?
I think so. They won that game 59-0 over the Titans. The most thorough dismantling of a team I've ever seen.

And it was in the snow too. I have no idea how they can be so efficient in crappy weather.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think so. They won that game 59-0 over the Titans. The most thorough dismantling of a team I've ever seen.

And it was in the snow too. I have no idea how they can be so efficient in crappy weather.

impossible. You need a running game to win in the elements late in the season. LOL

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously.
What is the most a team could score in 60 min.?

In 1940 the Bears beat the redskins in the nfl championship 73-0 with new offensive formation.

As far as modern scores, Marino's last game was a playoff game against the jags where they lost 62-7

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I suppose alot of you don't remember the 70's or 80's and they were baaaaad. Something positive to take from this game is that we can all see where Matt Flynn is at. Many scouts say he's the best backup in football.
In those days victory over the Bears was your whole season. We all have different perspectives of the team. No matter what else happens this season, a crushing of the Bears in the last game will make it better to sit through the offseason, that's how it used to be and it seems that will be fitting this year.
I'm not throwing in the towel, I still think we can make playoffs and make noise, but I'm not going to come on here and call this team and it's coaches for firing if they lose this game or the next.
I believe the Pats will not blow this team out, we will be competitive and we'll battle to the last whistle.
What newer fans have to realize is that there are football teams waiting for their first Super Bowl title, are waiting for a winning season after season on end with futility.
You young fans should know, it's not a given to have success in the NFL. Really, enjoy this team this year, these guys are playing from the top string to the bottom.
I'm as proud of these guys as the Super Bowl winners. That team had few if any important injuries. This Green Bay Packer football squad is a tough bunch.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suppose alot of you don't remember the 70's or 80's and they were baaaaad. Something positive to take from this game is that we can all see where Matt Flynn is at. Many scouts say he's the best backup in football.
In those days victory over the Bears was your whole season. We all have different perspectives of the team. No matter what else happens this season, a crushing of the Bears in the last game will make it better to sit through the offseason, that's how it used to be and it seems that will be fitting this year.
I'm not throwing in the towel, I still think we can make playoffs and make noise, but I'm not going to come on here and call this team and it's coaches for firing if they lose this game or the next.
I believe the Pats will not blow this team out, we will be competitive and we'll battle to the last whistle.
What newer fans have to realize is that there are football teams waiting for their first Super Bowl title, are waiting for a winning season after season on end with futility.
You young fans should know, it's not a given to have success in the NFL. Really, enjoy this team this year, these guys are playing from the top string to the bottom.
I'm as proud of these guys as the Super Bowl winners. That team had few if any important injuries. This Green Bay Packer football squad is a tough bunch.

I do like what you wrote about appreciating the 2010 Packers competitiveness despite the turmoils that have happened this year...

• I'm still going to want them to do better.
  • I'm still going to want MM play calling to be MORE productive.

• I'm still going to want to not lose 3 BAD football teams in one season.
  • I am still going to complain that we can't run the ball.
  • I'm still mad that Rodgers (potentially) may have ended our POST SEASON hopes
  • I'm still going to want the Packers to win every game
  • I'm still not content about the overall team performance
  • I'm still going to be very passionate about my favorite team in all of sports
However, I can enjoy this season...but there have now been 5 gut-wrenching-losses that are starting to fuel my impatience & frustration that this season has brought me so far...

Every year I want SUPERBOWL, if I don't get it...I'm just not that content

L

Lunchboxer

Badgers Badgers Badgers. I know it's just college but Badgers Badgers Badgers. 84 points (?). Badgers.

Yea pretty much that.

And two other 70 Point games against Austin Peay and North Western.

I never watch a team score so many points before.

L

Lunchboxer

I do like what you wrote about appreciating the 2010 Packers competitiveness despite the turmoils that have happened this year...

However, I can enjoy this season...but there have now been 5 gut-wrenching-losses that are starting to fuel my impatience & frustration that this season has brought me so far...

Well on the Bright Side we never got Blown out.

In all 5 of those losses we had a chance to win but the team quit. Except the Bears game.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Back up, yes.
Starter, no.

My theory is that the good players sit on the bench while the best ones play the game.
Will Flynn be good enough to beat the Pats starters if he plays?
I doubt it, but god I hope I'm proven wrong.
I think waiting 13 years is enough time to wait. That's over a decade.
Frankly, I don't give a hooey about fans of other teams.
We all have a choice of who to root for. If they want to root for losers, let 'em root for losers.
When the Pack doesn't make it to the SB after losing that one game in the playoffs, it sure feels like futility to me.
I do appreciate your bringing your silver lining view into this even though I don't agree with it.

I agree with this.
It's one thing if the Pack sucks from the get-go.
It's another when it's a roller coaster. (Which it is this year.)
Frankly, I'm sick and tired of them either sucking or having good or bad games.
I want them to be an elite lights out clutch team each and every time.
You know. The way the Falcons and Patsies are this year.

Well on the Bright Side we never got Blown out.

In all 5 of those losses we had a chance to win but the team quit. Except the Bears game.
It doesn't matter how close the game is at the end.
What matters is who won or lost.
If the Pack had lost every single game this year by 3 points or less, then is not being blown out still something to be proud of?

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I see it this way; Are the Patriots a good team? Definitely. Do they have a savvy coach? Absolutely.

However, they play games for a reason. I think the Packer defense has the ability to keep the team in the game. I also think Matt Flynn can do well enough to give us some points. I liked what I saw last week from him. He made a bad decision on that int, but we spent many years watching those kind of plays from a pro-bowl QB.

This would be a really sweet "statement" to see Matt Flynn come in after working with the first team all week, and do a professional job as the Packers squeak by a very good team. It's possible that Flynn and Jennings/Driver got their timing down this week in practice. We could see a startling game.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
On ESPN 3 minutes ago, MM says Rodgers will Practice on Friday.

Edit: An ESPN stringer made that statement, not MM. Searching the internet it looks like he picked it up from a story on a Long Island newspaper and was trying to make a scoop. So it aint true.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My feeble minds tells me we stand no chance against a red hot Pats squad unless Rodgers plays and then it will have to be a mistake-free game from the Pack. Am not optimistic at all (and I am a pretty "glass is half full" guy). If Flynn starts, my hope is our defense steps up and holds them under the 30 points they seem to score every game lately. But hey, remember what everyone was saying before the Jets game? Am hoping anything can happen and maybe we go back home at 9 and 4. Of course, if the Queens beat daBears it won't matter a wit, we're still in the hunt. Merry Christmas everyone!!

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our Defense is long overdue for DEFENSIVE TD or 2...it's been a little while since I saw Woodson do this thing....I think Rodgers will play, it's very important to him to not miss time

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Seriously.
What is the most a team could score in 60 min.?

Well there was a time Georgia Tech was mad at Cumberland College over a baseball game that Cumberland won 22-0, so when they met during the football season, Georgia Tech won 222-0. That is not a misprint.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
On ESPN 3 minutes ago, MM says Rodgers will Practice on Fridat.

This is a correction: The Long Island Press reported that Rodgers could not practice before Friday, I was watching ESPN and they reported that Rodgers could practice on Friday. Just someone wanting to get a scoop. Ain't gonna happen. I now will have verify anything I read or hear.

Members online

Latest posts