Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Patriots - 12/19 - LOSS 31 - 27

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so whats the over-under on how many points we score with Flynn as quarterback? im gonna give us a solid 10...

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm getting excited for this game all over!!! I love being the underdog! We have a huge chance at an upset, I have faith in this team to do the unexpected. We may have our back up QB, 13 guys on IR, countless others wounded, but we are still a damn good team! We can do this! As I say, the only ones who can defeat us is ourselves! I can't wait for game time! Is it Sunday night yet??? GO PACKERS!!!!

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flynn = 16

He might lead us on some drives, but he's too inexperienced to close them out even if he did. He tries to force anything this game and Pats will find their turnover ratio in the +20s... so he better rely on the D.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Kitten I love luv love your enthusiam!!! eeeeeeeeks mcgkeeeeks...I'm excited now!!!!!!!!

GOOOOOOOOOOO PACK GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so whats the over-under on how many points we score with Flynn as quarterback? im gonna give us a solid 10...
We couldn't find the end zone against the crappy Lions, in perfect weather.
What makes you think Flynn can score at New England, in cold bad weather?

I'd say the O/U for us is 6, or double what we scored in Detroit.

Matt Flynn is not very good.
I always thought he was a product of a great team at LSU.
His decision-making is slower than molasses and his throwing motion is slow too.
I have chatted with him before, and I don't really like the guy.

Patriots 37
Packers 3

Remember they killed us in 2006 in Green Bay too. They hurt both Favre and Rodgers that game.

I expect to see Graham Harrell play some in this game.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm getting excited for this game all over!!! I love being the underdog! We have a huge chance at an upset, I have faith in this team to do the unexpected. We may have our back up QB, 13 guys on IR, countless others wounded, but we are still a damn good team! We can do this! As I say, the only ones who can defeat us is ourselves! I can't wait for game time! Is it Sunday night yet??? GO PACKERS!!!!
I agree. Matt Flynn looks good to me. Certainly has fairly good accuracy and I believe he can throw all over the Patriots.

Angel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd love to see the Packers beat the pats but that's not gonna happen, I expect to see the pats run up the score and win 45 - 10.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'd love to see the Packers beat the pats but that's not gonna happen, I expect to see the pats run up the score and win 45 - 10.

A lot of pessimists and a lot of optimists. I am going to take the position "it ain't over until the fat lady sings", and I sure haven't seen any fat lady Packers fans in this forum. If I thought the score was going to be Pats 45-GB 10, I would watch a movie instead.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
SB games are referenced by Roman Numerals. Are kids even taught that anymore? A lot of people thought SB XL meant extra large. So my prediction for the Packer-Pats game is
GB 10100
NE 10001

*binary*

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Yea pretty much that.

And two other 70 Point games against Austin Peay and North Western.

I never watch a team score so many points before.

Should have seen Portland State use the "run and shoot" offense in 1980. They beat Delaware State 105-0.

HarrisonHits

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi all, Pats fan here.

Disappointed that Rodgers isn't playing, if we're going to win I'd rather do so against the A-team, and if we were to lose I'd rather do so against your best players as well.

Regarding the discussion as to how many points could be scored in a game.

In the late 60s my family lived briefly in Tulsa, OK. I remember Tulsa University losing to one of the big Texas schools 107-7 one year we were there. Would have been between 1967-1969 I think but can't really remember it clearly as I was only 7 or 8 years old when that game was played.

In the modern pro game I don't think more points have ever been scored than in the low 60s, or possibly the 59 the Pats put up against the Titans last year. Not sure about the pre-SB era and pre-free agency.

Here's to a good, injury free game.

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In 1940 the Bears beat the redskins in the nfl championship 73-0 with new offensive formation.

As far as modern scores, Marino's last game was a playoff game against the jags where they lost 62-7

In 1980 when Bart Starr was coach, Bears beat us 61-7

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hi all, Pats fan here.

Disappointed that Rodgers isn't playing, if we're going to win I'd rather do so against the A-team, and if we were to lose I'd rather do so against your best players as well.

Regarding the discussion as to how many points could be scored in a game.

In the late 60s my family lived briefly in Tulsa, OK. I remember Tulsa University losing to one of the big Texas schools 107-7 one year we were there. Would have been between 1967-1969 I think but can't really remember it clearly as I was only 7 or 8 years old when that game was played.

In the modern pro game I don't think more points have ever been scored than in the low 60s, or possibly the 59 the Pats put up against the Titans last year. Not sure about the pre-SB era and pre-free agency.

Here's to a good, injury free game.

Really good memory. In 1968 Houston beat Tulsa 100-6, and I hope we beat the Pats by that much...no I don't mean that...24-10 would make me happy. Merry Christmas.

HarrisonHits

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really good memory. In 1968 Houston beat Tulsa 100-6, and I hope we beat the Pats by that much...no I don't mean that...24-10 would make me happy. Merry Christmas.

Thanks ! Merry Christmas to you and all the Packers fans.

I found this on answers.com about nfl scoring -

Highest Scoring NFL Game

In the NFL, the most points scored in one game was 73 by the Chicago Bears in the 1940 NFL championship game against the Washington Redskins. That 73-0 shut-out is also the largest margin of victory in NFL history. In terms of regular season games, the Washington Redskins scored the most points in beating the New York Giants 72-41 in 1966.

Highlights:

Highest score by one team (during regular season): 72 points when the Washington Redskins beat the New York Giants 72-41 on November 27, 1966.

Highest score by one team (during playoffs): 73 points when the Chicago Bears beat the Washington Redskins 73-0 on December 8, 1940.

Highest scoring game (during regular season): 113 points when the Washington Redskins beat the New York Giants 72-41 on November 27, 1966.

Highest scoring game (during playoffs): 96 points when the Arizona Cardinals beat the Green Bay Packers 51-45 on January 10, 2010

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Thank you for reminding me about the Packer-Cardinal game...I went to that game with my son....

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Pack should be paying very close attention to the Eagles/ Giants game, particularly the Giants for next week. Watch the Giants D. Also long term considering playoffs, if Pack makes it they may very well be facing one of these two teams.

Staff online

Members online