Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Patriots - 12/19 - LOSS 31 - 27

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Enough of this sh*t!

I can't take another close loss like this...

What does this team gotta do to catch a damn break??!
#1- Woodson needs to CATCH the damn ball that was thrown to him.

#2- We did catch a damn break when Flynn's Int was reversed because of the hands to the face of Bulaga penalty they called.

We lose close games usually for a reason.
Tonight, there were a few small reasons.
The one that ****** me off the most late was the 2nd TO we called early in our last drive. Not the 3rd one which was on the sack. But the one before that, for no reason.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could only be happier if they would have pulled that one off. Anyone calling for the firing of coaches after tonight is too emotional and needs to get a grip. That was an AMAZING coaching job. To take our third string lineup led by the back up QB into New England and have the game come down to the last play, are you kidding me?!?! I am very confident in our chances next week against the inconsistent Giants and know dabears are not a threat on Jan 2. Wish I could be at one of those but am stuck here in Ravens-land. GO PACK!!!! And Merry Christmas everyone.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
#1- Woodson needs to CATCH the damn ball that was thrown to him.

#2- We did catch a damn break when Flynn's Int was reversed because of the hands to the face of Bulaga penalty they called.

We lose close games usually for a reason.
Tonight, there were a few small reasons.
The one that ****** me off the most late was the 2nd TO we called early in our last drive. Not the 3rd one which was on the sack. But the one before that, for no reason.

And one of those timeouts (either the first or second one) was on a CHANGE-OF-POSSESSION. That's uncalled for.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets keep our perspective here. Look what the Packers have done tonight. They came within an inch of beating the Patriots (best team in the NFL), were leading for most of the game, only to lose it in the last seconds. For a team just trying to make the playoffs, that is pretty damn good. In many ways this game showed exactly what I wanted it to show. It showed we have one hell of a backup in Matt Flynn, my hat goes off to him and I feel for him losing the game but there was a greater victory. Our D is no less than elite. Anyone who can remotely contain Brady is elite in my book. We have a running game. It's not what some of us want, but it is what we have and it is working for now. We have receivers who get the job done. We have a damn good team. Granted we didn't get the win, we lost it in a way that was slightly heartbreaking after nearly 59 brilliant minutes of football. If we can play like this against the Patriots I have no doubt in my mind we can beat both the Giants and the Bears and make a run in the playoffs. So lets take this loss, feel everything deep down inside. But let us not lose sight of what this game tonight has taught us about our team. I am proud of them, especially Flynn. All played well, nearly beat the best team in the NFL, this game gave me the hope I was looking for despite the loss. My faith remains strong with the Pack.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to take care of some business in the off season with our coaching staff if we are going to be contenders. Slocum needs to be gone, our special teams sucked when we were healthy too, so he has no excuse.

McCarthy, I really can't pass judgment on because he's working with a team that is beyond decimated by injuries, and most of the miscues seem to be because of inexperience and failed execution so...

But we have GOT to get this losing close games thing fixed. You can say "Gain Perspective" all you want, I don't care, a loss is a loss and that's all that matters at the end of the day. Good teams find ways to win when the game is close, we lose those games. Simple as that.

I understand that Flynn played his *** off tonight, I greatly enjoyed watching him, and I'm proud of the way the team fought given all the injuries, but at the end of the day, we lost and are 8-6, Patriots won and are 12-2. One team has a clinched playoff spot and the other team is on the outside looking in and needs to win out now to have a chance.

Wins/Losses are ALL that matter. Nothing else. We have got to start winning these close games. Have to.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One thing is for sure is that we have had excellent coaching this year. Most teams that had as many injuries and lost players would have folded up their tents a weeks back. Anyway, we've had to get new people ready to play every week and have a bunch of close losses to show for it. I know this that we aren't making any excuses because if we get into the playoffs anything could happen. The way things would shake out if GB were to win out is they would open up as a Wild Card in St. Louis. After winning that game they would get a rematch against the Falcons in Atlanta and after winning that game they would either have to travel to N.O providing they beat the Bears or to Philly or Chicago. I'll take my chances with any one of them because even with all of our injuries the separation isn't that far off. Anything could still happen!

pmck1368

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First time poster...seems like a great site for us Packer fans. I must say that I was pleased with the effort the Pack displayed but once again effort doesn't necessarily win ball games. The Pack seems to find ways to lose game and it is so frustrating! E.g. Letting a offensive lineman return the ball to the 4 yard line, which led to a touchdown and throwing a interception for TD = 14 points and a LOSS. I remember telling my fiance when that offensive lineman made the return that it would come to bite us in the butt. The Pack has to get over losing these close games if we ever want to be a Superbowl Contender again.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, I can't be mad at this game. The pack played very hard last night, it just semd like our typical losing fashion struck us again (close games) we don't win. Our St sucks Dom capers nice gameplan mm nice gameplan. Stupid refs how did they not see that fumble when bishop stripped Brady. We lose but I am proud of the way our team played.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only The Packers

-Last night was THE FIRST time in the NFL season that a team has had less than 20 minutes of time of possession, and still won the game.

-The kick return by Dan Conelly was the longest in NFL HISTORY by any offensive lineman.

-On that play, Diryal Briggs and Quinn Johnson took themselves out of the play early, and Charlie Peprah missed the tackle on the lumbering 315-pounder, and cost the team about 30 more yards.

-Tom Brady has at least one horse shoe up his ******. He has still not thrown an Int for weeks, even though he hit Woodson right in the hands, had another one go through a linebackers hands, and had one tipped up into the air late in the game, but find some green turf instead of Packer hands.

Members online

Latest posts