1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Eagles - 1/9: WIN 21 - 16

Discussion in 'Game Day Archive' started by packers020802, Jan 2, 2011.

1. mattwill

mattwill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    If you have, then you haven't been reading any intelligent Eagles forums. Smart Eagles fans know that it will take an elite game from Vick to overcome 1) the challenges of our Defense (especially in the Red Zone) and 2) a very aggressive Packers D. If the score is under the 41 point Over/Under then the Packers win. If it is over 41 the Eagles have a much better shot.

2. mattwill

mattwill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    No. Locking up the #2 seed for the Bears.

We consider the Matthews/Kolb interchange as a huge favor done by the Pack to the Eagles. Changed the trajectory of the season for us.

3. mattwill

mattwill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
  4. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +234
    I'm pretty sure that the outcome would have been the same. Packers were not going to lose to the Bears in Lambeau. But it is what it is, and we'll never know what would have happened in the other scenario so there's no since in arguing about it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +234
    Right, that's what I was saying... Both sides have idiot fans that spew nothing but garbage and misinformation.

I was just using it as an example of some of the crap that I've been reading. Again, that goes for both sides. I've read some stupid **** that Packers fans have been saying as well. Every fanbase has them.

6. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +234
    This is what makes me nervous. The Packers seem to have a difficult time when they are the media darling and everyone loves them. It seems to go to their heads. If they come out believing that they are God's Gift, they will lose. They play their best when everyone picks against them and their backs are to the wall.

7. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Weather alert: Anyone traveling to Philly tomorrow beware. We are expecting another 4 - 6 inches of snow during the day tomorrow. Everyone please travel safe! I know it's not a lot of snow to most of you but it is enough to make a mess out of things in Philly. It is not uncommon for a state of emergency to be declared for anything over 6 inches. It's a little different when you are dealing with a major city and a high volume of commuters using various modes of transportation. You should be fine, I'm just saying travel safe!

Game day forecast: 36 for a high, windchills in the low 20's. Winds 20 30- mph. Wind is going to be a factor in this game. Punters on alert!!! Eagles have Akers and hi is an ace, one of my favorite punters (kickers).

Packers would do well to get out of Philly Sunday night or Monday morning at the latest. No running up the Art Museum like Rocky! There is going to be a major snow storm hitting Philly on Tuesday. Best to be clear of here!!!!

8. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    The whole "what if" arguments are a waste of time. It makes no sense that the Bears didn't want to win it, they played their starters up to the last second, they were going for a touchdown at the end. Foolish to think they weren't playing all out that game, the Packers D demolished them.
    They beat Philly when it mattered to Philly, we beat them when it mattered to us. We all know we should have had the first game also.

9. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +234
    Kind of falls under the same situation though. "Should have won" games are pointless as well... Either you walk out with a win, or you walk out with a loss.

10. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    It seems I contradicted myself there, but that was the point, woulda, coulda, shoulda.
    Like MM says: "I like who we are"

11. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,673
    I haven't read through all the posts but here's my thoughts on this game.

The season opener where the Pack beat Philly in Philly doesn't matter and has no bearing on this game.
    Do not think "Well, we beat 'em then, we can beat 'em now."
    It's a different QB for Philly and we have seen and experienced the roller coaster "The McCarthy Screamer" through the Packers season. Of course we have also had the other safer ride "The Dom-inator" as well.
    While I am looking forward to this game I'm also nervous about it as well.

Good luck to the Packers. I think they are going to need it. Especially the offense if McCarthy is doing the play calling. Hopefully A-Rod will ignore him and throw tons of times.

12. mattwill

mattwill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I completely agree. Couldn't understand why the poster made such a big deal of my "two meaningless games" comment.

13. mattwill

mattwill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    AMEN If you are looking for good Eagles discussion PM me and I'll send you some links. Your board won't let me post the links here.

14. mattwill

mattwill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Interesting thought. Over on our side we are thinking the exact opposite . . . Especially the offense if Reid is doing the play calling. Hopefully Vick will ignore him and hand off tons of times to McCoy.

15. mattwill

mattwill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Good discussions. Here's a post from our Special teams Blog thread that you might find interesting. The last post in the sequence comes first. The earlier posts are nested in it.

16. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    Go Packers

17. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +234
    Yeah, I knew what you were sayin. It's good, just hoping for a "W" on Sunday.

18. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +234
    Lol, I was the poster... and I wasn't making a big deal of it. I was just saying that the two games were not meaningless. Well, the first one anyways, the second would have also been meaningful had they won the first.

19. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +234
    To be fair, the Bears were gashing us on the ground, they just stopped running it for some reason and it wasn't because we were stuffing them, because we weren't. Not sure why they abandoned the run and put the ball in Cutlers hands rather than Forte's. Forte was moving the chains in big chunks against us.

20. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
  21. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    Im so nervous, tomorrow is gonna drag on cause I have almost nothing planned, then the late start on Sunday, BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

22. aaronqb

aaronqb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +73
    Go Packers

23. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    Thanks aaron, that's right. It wasn't that they abandoned the run. 10 carries in a half is a decent amount, and it was just a couple of back-to-back runs that hurt us. I do remember Walden crashing to the inside, allowing Forte to run around the edge for 25 on one run.

By the way, I think LeSean McCoy is a much better RB than Forte is. I'd take McCoy way before Forte.

24. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +234
    You got me on that point. I didn't realize that he had so little success in the second half. I just remember the long gainers that he had against us, which is probably what was sticking out to me.

I would say that McCoy is a far more dangerous runner than Forte though, so we need to get that corrected this week with Walden. Problem with the Eagles is that they have so much speed, so much shiftiness that one little mistake like that can turn into 7 in a hurry... No mistakes in this game guys, no mistakes!

25. mattwill

mattwill Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    As much as I really like McCoy, I wouldn't sell Forte short. The one area where McCoy is clearly better is making tacklers miss in the open field. If the Packers can keep McCoy from getting to the second level, then Forte and McCoy are very similar runners.

The place where I think McCoy poses the most danger for the Pack D is as a receiver. The vast majority of his receptions put him out in space where his ability to make tacklers miss is a major asset (from the Eagles' perspective) and major challenge (from the Packers' perspective).