Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Eagles - 1/9: WIN 21 - 16

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the Pack beat up on the NY Giants and then got a W Vs Cutler and the Bums.... Oppps I mean Bears!

Now the Pack play on wildcard weekend Vs M. Vick and the Eagles!

What are your thoughts / predictions?!?

The last time I watched Vick in person was the '01 playoff game Vs ATL and he ripped the Pack up.

I Hope we can Pass all day on their D.... But I'm not sure we can stop #7! I hope Clay starts hittin' him early & often!!!

My final prediction 31-28 PACK

whatchas think

vancouverpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a theory, run the nickel defence and have Woodson as that "Petofile's" shadow. Put him on him like a cheap suit. When he gets away those Monster linebackers will fold him up and send him postage paid back to the SPCA for some volunteer work.

A-Rod_is_God

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a theory, run the nickel defence and have Woodson as that "Petofile's" shadow. Put him on him like a cheap suit. When he gets away those Monster linebackers will fold him up and send him postage paid back to the SPCA for some volunteer work.

idk how well that first part would work. the redskins tried something to that effect with having LaRon Landry spy on him all game... Vick put up like record setting numbers

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I think the Packers can still beat Vick's eagles, it will be an enjoyable rematch, we know more what to prepare for and I still think Matthews > Vick.

L

Lunchboxer

I think we can beat them. The Key is to apply correct pressure on vick so he does not run all over us.

maxlives

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Easy, pressure pressure, pressure and force him to his right. He also does not like getting hit so a few Clayshots and we can shake him up pretty good. Easy on paper, not so much on the field but this Packers D can do it.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone that thinks this game will be a cake walk should go back to Vick destroying the packers at lambeau. He destroyed the mystic (spelling?) of lambeau in the playoffs.

I don't really see Philly having much home field advantage. That died with the old stadium

JCpackers04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vick worries me. alot...the man is a gamechanger and he can win or lose the game for them.

the only thing that really gives me hope is that the Eagles defense is pretty poor. i think Rodgers can really have a big game and we can put up some points.

its all gonna come down to containing Vick though. Cutler slipped away a couple times tonight and if Vick gets away he can make it a big gain. hopefully our blitzing and disguises will confuse him and wont pick it up.

he had a pretty good game when he came on in week 1. if there had been more time we may not have won. but this time we'll be game planning for him. wouldnt it be funny and ironic if in week 1 we planned for kolb and got vick if we plan for vick then kolb ends up in...

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
predictions:

Pack 24

Eagles 13

I think we will be able to contain Vick with Matthews and Woodson. They have secondary issues and WR is our best weapon. Just air it out and then get pressure on Vick and we should be good.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Dungy and Woodson on NBC said their pick is the Packers
Yup, and I agree with the reasoning. It's because we can put pressure on Vick that he can't escape as easily. Our pass rush is fast, he's not used to that in combination with our secondary.

The only thing I'd be worried about is the big play over the middle, but like I said, our pass rush is fast enough to not let that develop.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm sure the tape of the Vikings & Eagles game will be something Capers will look at, that nickel blitz package was very effect on Vick's blindside...I think this is going to be a helluva game!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can beat the Eagles. Vick is banged up, we can thank the Vikings for that. Blitz. Blitz. Blitz. Vick is wary of the the rush now, and it could cause him to throw picks. Also put a target on him for sacks. D is suspect for the Eagles too. Pack can knock them senseless. Not to underestimate the Eagles but I was a fan of them for a long time, I know this team very well. They have a tendency to fold in the playoffs.

Chant with me: Vick, Vick, you make me sick! I hope you throw a pick!

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's another reason why we win this match-up: Leadership

The Pack has leadership in relatively every position, and this plethora of young guns on PHI will have a hard time handling the bright lights. The Pack stays calm, composed and in for the win.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can beat the Eagles. Vick is banged up, we can thank the Vikings for that. Blitz. Blitz. Blitz. Vick is wary of the the rush now, and it could cause him to throw picks. Also put a target on him for sacks. D is suspect for the Eagles too. Pack can knock them senseless. Not to underestimate the Eagles but I was a fan of them for a long time, I know this team very well. They have a tendency to fold in the playoffs.

Chant with me: Vick, Vick, you make me sick! I hope you throw a pick!

I see Woodson playing such an important role. Same role he played against CHI. Blitzkrieg Vick! Draw him out towards our LB's where he'll take some heavy fire.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see Woodson playing such an important role. Same role he played against CHI. Blitzkrieg Vick! Draw him out towards our LB's where he'll take some heavy fire.

And this means our Secondary is gonna have to be ON POINT! and I mean ON POINT!!! Little screw ups will cost us TD's.

L

Lunchboxer

Lets hope our O starts off on fire no slow 1st QTR crap.

If we keep pressureing Vick and not let him run we can make him force the ball which leads to INTs.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
FINALLY!!! It's great to see so many positive posts. The past couple weeks there has been a lot of hand wringing on the board about first the Giants, then the Bears. I'm a glass half full kind of guy. After all, what's the use of cheering for a team if one is always afraid the team will lose?

Not enough folks have been giving this Packer team enough credit. What they have done in getting to the playoffs with such adversity is phenomenal. It shows the heart of a team with a true Championship mindset. We should be savoring this.

Not only do I think the D will dial up all kind of exotic disguised pressure packages, but I think the offense is due to explode again. Rodgers wants this one bad.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts