1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Odds on Next Season

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by BorderRivals.com, Feb 3, 2014.

1. BorderRivals.com

BorderRivals.com Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +499
    For all the bemoaning that's been in this forum about our squad, we still have the 5th best odds (3rd in the NFC) to win the SB next season. Do we have some ground to make up? Sure. But we are still a real contender each and every year. And that should not be overlooked when talking about where we are at as a team.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. NOMOFO

NOMOFO Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +394
    Yep... the pack is perennially right up there. Even more interesting and probably important to note is who is listed at or near the very bottom. AKA. Vikings. I know more than a few Packer fans that just a few years ago used the Vikes brilliant roster management as something we should shoot for and duplicate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +567
    According to Las Vegas Hilton early odds the Packers are a 10-1 favorite (4th)
    The Patriots are 1st at 6-1.

4. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,598
    The Patriots??? That's gotta be a joke.

5. RustyShackleford

RustyShackleford Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    Seriously. That team's time is done. The AFC is pretty week, though, so that certainly works to their benefit.

6. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +562
    Patriots hmmm.. that's three spots higher than I've seen them in any other odds. Wonder why...

7. NelsonsLongCatch

NelsonsLongCatch Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +847
  8. Packerlifer

Packerlifer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +514

Third and fifth best? I recall what Vince Lombardi said about being second: Hinky dink.

9. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +567
    Yesterday Fox Sports listed, in order, the ten teams most likely to win the next Super Bowl.
    The Packers were rated 7th most likely.

10. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,226
    Vegas is not picking the odds they think - they are setting the odds where they think people will bet. They will adjust the odds to get the money on each team equal. That is how they guarantee their profit. These odds, though, are still a good indicator of just how good teams are.

11. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,283
    I would consider us the 4th best team in the NFC right now with our current roster. I'd put us behind Seattle, San francisco, and New Orleans. We have alot of work to do with the defense our else Seattle will repeat. They made a pretty stout offense look below average in the biggest game of the year. Not to mention San Franciso has our number. In order for the Packers to win another SB they have to become at least average on defense vs below average.