Obj traded to Browns!!!

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I prefer OBJ over Brown. He was one of the players I would've liked to see on the team. He would've been fun to have i'm sure. Ah well.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Well that dident age well. He is now a Jet.

elcid

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well that dident age well. He is now a Jet.
Talking about Bell? I don't get it, the guy sat out a whole year and then signs for less money per year than the Steelers offered him

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Talking about Bell? I don't get it, the guy sat out a whole year and then signs for less money per year than the Steelers offered him

I got bamboozled I thought I was in the Bell thread. My brain has turned to mush as of late.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I got bamboozled I thought I was in the Bell thread. My brain has turned to mush as of late.

You are in good company, Bell bamboozled himself thinking he was going to make a lot more money by sitting out a season and not getting paid the $14.5M last year by the Steelers.

He had over $15 million per on the table with the Steelers in July. Walked away from $14.54 million after that. Not great decision-making.

Obviously, he had a year off and no injuries, while that was probably good for his physical and mental health, no teams were willing to pay him a premium for it.

Stanger37

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Earl Thomas is rumored to be on his way to Cleveland as well per Adam Silverstein.

Takes the sting of losing Peppers away.

Now in the perfect world for the Giants, they still get to draft a QB with their top pick and hope that DK falls to #17. Set themselves up right away for the future.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The #12 and 3rd and we could’ve gotten him
I'll take your word for it just like McDaniels is going to be named the Head Coach.

The Giants gave them a pick 5 lower in the 1st and 5 higher in the 3rd AND a player that was a 1st Round draft pick just 2 seasons ago, is entering his 3rd year after what many are calling his "breakout" season and is an instant starter for the Giants AND he's a good punt and kick return man.

But yeah, we would have gotten him for just a 12 and 3rd LOL. We barely would have the cap to sign him now without a draft class to pay, and now he already wants a raise.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are in good company, Bell bamboozled himself thinking he was going to make a lot more money by sitting out a season and not getting paid the $14.5M last year by the Steelers.

He had over $15 million per on the table with the Steelers in July. Walked away from $14.54 million after that. Not great decision-making.

Obviously, he had a year off and no injuries, while that was probably good for his physical and mental health, no teams were willing to pay him a premium for it.
maybe, maybe not. He could have played last year, for 14 million and blew out his knee and be looking at a 1 million dollar contract to try and come back this year. Or he could have played and did well and made more. We don't know how it would have ended.

BUt as it stands, he was guaranteed 14.5, and he sat out and now has 35 millions of dollars guaranteed. 35 is more than 14.5.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
maybe, maybe not. He could have played last year, for 14 million and blew out his knee and be looking at a 1 million dollar contract to try and come back this year. Or he could have played and did well and made more. We don't know how it would have ended.

BUt as it stands, he was guaranteed 14.5, and he sat out and now has 35 millions of dollars guaranteed. 35 is more than 14.5.
While a valid point, on his knee, how many RB's blow out a knee each year? Also, I am referring more to him turning down Pittsburgh's reported offer of $70 million over five years, $33M of which was guaranteed back in July of last year.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
OBJ will single handedly win a Super Bowl for Cleveland if you listen to the national media.

Yeah, I don't think so. The Rams bought a Super Bowl appearance ... but "old school" still beat 'em.

I'll be happy if Cleveland continues to improve. They owe their fans that much ... but, OBJ won't be the reason.

H

HardRightEdge

If anybody is keeping track of Beckham's credentials for the Dumbsh*t Bullsh*t Hall of Fame, add another paragraph to the resume:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ew-finds-odell-beckham-money-real/4483045002/

Of course there is no such thing as bad publicity in cultivating a bad boy image on the road to personal brand building and celebrity "influencer" status.

It should be known that he's not all that good a football player because he's never has and probably never will put 60 minutes of effort on the football field. And he's known to take cheap shots on the field when it's not coming easy for him, the "Bullsh*t" part of that Hall of Fame. It's why Adams is Adams and Beckham is not. Beckham is just another case of teriffic talent but 1/2 ball.

There's no dead money on any year of Beckham's contract. When Cleveland gets rid of him, which could be at any time along the way with $14 to $16 mil in cap savings, it would be a bad idea to bring up this name as a possible Packer signing. If the new regime in Cleveland decides to clean house of all the knuckleheads and riff raff it will be sooner rather than later.

But here's the good news. Because there is no dead cap on the contract, in effect a team option for each year, Beckham will have trade value and some other of the 30 teams not including the Packers will make that move. So the inevitable stumping for the Packers signing this player, despite it being a terrible idea, will be relatively brief and mercifully futile.

Last edited by a moderator:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Now there's an arrest warrant out for OBJ for slapping a security guard on the bum. Seems like a silly offense, but it undermine's the guard;s authority and makes his job that much more difficult. Then there's the #MeToo angle.

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/arti...ping_security_guards_bottom/s1_12680_31059920

Of course he will, just like he has lead the Giants to their 31-49 record since being drafted. :roflmao:
If any team could win a Super Bowl with a 31-49 record, it's the Giants.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts