NYT: Just a Guy in Titletown (Aaron Rodgers)

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Really nice piece on Aaron Rodgers. I like the way it ends, talking about his appearance at the concert last night:

Then Rodgers thanked Packers fans for their cheers, and offered a message of quiet confidence to those who have been waiting since the 1996 season for another Super Bowl championship.

“This place is nicknamed Titletown,” he said. “It’s been too long.”

Just a Guy in Titletown

Good luck, Aaron - and God bless you. GO PACK GO!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great find!
Thanx for the post.

Here's this line from the article: Because of Rodgers, Packers players say they are more confident going into Sunday’s game than they were in the title game three years ago, when the Giants outlasted the Favre-led Packers, 23-20, in overtime at frigid Lambeau Field.

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
Man, I regret that the Packers didn't get rid of the old rust bucket has been years ago. We didn't need him to keep on crushing our hopes by being a dumb gunslinger and blowing big games.
Better late than never but better sooner than later.

And look at the photo.
It looks like they are a couple of super heros taking off!

OP
OP
LombardiChick

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score
Just perusing articles tonight, and saw this quote that I think just nails it:

Papaetru may have spoken on behalf of all Green Bay shareholders when he summed up how the silly Favre-Rodgers debate of three years ago has turned out.

"Now, I actually feel more confident with Rodgers than I did with Favre," Papaetru said. "Favre, you were always holding your breath with that guy. Rodgers, he's more of a surgeon."

YES. That is exactly it.

Article is here:

Green Bay fans solidified behind Aaron Rodgers

Members online

Latest posts