Notes to fans of rival teams

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To those of you who root for rival teams:
1) Thank you to those who come on here showing respect and for complimenting the Pack on a play off game well played and/or on us having a good season.

2) In regards to the bad calls: You would be doing the same thing if this had been your team in the exact same situation.
So stop complaining about us complaining about the lousy jobs by the refs.
Thank you.
:preach:

3) If you can't understand why some of us will be rooting for Dallas over Minny, then that is just something you will never understand that we can't help you with.

4) Notes to my fellow Packer fans:
Got anything to add? Feel free.

Danny Cox

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I caught this message via Twitter and would like to say that I am a fan of the New Orleans Saints and have been for about 25 years now.

I would like to say that I agree with everything said here. Had this happened to the Saints then I'd be complaining up a storm mind you. The calls were just totally missed and should have been called, I'm sorry but it's true.

Everyone can say that the Pack shouldn't have been in that situation to have to rely on those calls near the end of the game, but it's the way things happened. No matter if it was overtime or a 30 point lead...the calls by the refs should have been made.

Hell, I even wrote articles on Philly, Arizona, and Green Bay when any of them could have been the first Saints' opponent in the playoffs. The Packers are who I was hoping we would NOT face because I considered them the most dangerous of the three. I still feel that way.

Anyway, I joined this forum specifically for this thread after seeing it on Twitter and think all complaints by Packer fans are very much valid.

BBalzWI

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I caught this message via Twitter and would like to say that I am a fan of the New Orleans Saints and have been for about 25 years now.

I would like to say that I agree with everything said here. Had this happened to the Saints then I'd be complaining up a storm mind you. The calls were just totally missed and should have been called, I'm sorry but it's true.

Everyone can say that the Pack shouldn't have been in that situation to have to rely on those calls near the end of the game, but it's the way things happened. No matter if it was overtime or a 30 point lead...the calls by the refs should have been made.

Hell, I even wrote articles on Philly, Arizona, and Green Bay when any of them could have been the first Saints' opponent in the playoffs. The Packers are who I was hoping we would NOT face because I considered them the most dangerous of the three. I still feel that way.

Anyway, I joined this forum specifically for this thread after seeing it on Twitter and think all complaints by Packer fans are very much valid.

Thanks for taking the time to write that, I read your article and appreciate the respect you show our team in what you thought might have been the bigger possibility to happen.

I would differ on some of your advantages/disadvantages but I would say we'd both have bias for good reason and this thread is not for that. :-D

Thanks for this thread too, I wish people coming in here to flame us Packer fans who are having issues with 3 big time missed calls would think about the shoe on their foot. . . but it's easier to just try to upset us GB fans. Oh well, thanks again for the thread, I agree 100%.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Danny thanks a lot for the support, i don't get why rodger goodell never investigates into these bad calls like the nba comissioner. Anways I will be cheering for the saints from here on out. I don't believe a word that antrell rolle said. Drew Brees is better than Rodgers any given day. If rodgers was able to carve up the cardinals secondary imagine what Drew Brees is going to do to it.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for this thread too, I wish people coming in here to flame us Packer fans who are having issues with 3 big time missed calls would think about the shoe on their foot. . . but it's easier to just try to upset us GB fans. Oh well, thanks again for the thread, I agree 100%.

Or better yet, I'd like to see them get equally screwed and then start to ***** and whine about it. Then we can correctly point out what hypocrites they are.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep whining kids. Results of NFL games - especially playoff games - are routinely reversed because of perceived poor officiating. Who knows? Maybe this Pack/Cards result will be the FIRST FREAKIN' game to be overturned.

I think it's far more productive to face the music, dudes. Accept that the 2009 Packers were not the second coming and move on. Try to get your heads around the "real" issue instead of masking these issues with conspiracy theories or plain whining.

You see, People have failed to do this since 1997 and ever year Green Bay made the playoffs and lost, it was due to missed calls by officials (Rice's fumble) or Favre "choking". It never had to do with the fact that Green Bay wasn't fielding the best "team", now could it???

You people are amazing. :)

randymoonsthepacks

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care about you guys complaining, it is just annoying when you guys complain about the refs when a few weeks back the vikings fans were getting **** for complaining about the refs.

tfrentz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very well written Forget Favre this is exactly how I feel, and randymoonsthepacks you will be complaining after Dallas hands you the loss this weekend. And Hauschild I think you are pretty amazing.

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keep whining kids. Results of NFL games - especially playoff games - are routinely reversed because of perceived poor officiating. Who knows? Maybe this Pack/Cards result will be the FIRST FREAKIN' game to be overturned.

I think it's far more productive to face the music, dudes. Accept that the 2009 Packers were not the second coming and move on. Try to get your heads around the "real" issue instead of masking these issues with conspiracy theories or plain whining.

You see, People have failed to do this since 1997 and ever year Green Bay made the playoffs and lost, it was due to missed calls by officials (Rice's fumble) or Favre "choking". It never had to do with the fact that Green Bay wasn't fielding the best "team", now could it???

You people are amazing. :)

I get the distinct feeling that you consistently have black eyes and fat lips, unless of course you aren't nearly as condescending and demeaning in real life. Translation, if I knew someone like you in person, I would **** their world up.

Purplepeopleeater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To those of you who root for rival teams:
1) Thank you to those who come on here showing respect and for complimenting the Pack on a play off game well played and/or on us having a good season.

2) In regards to the bad calls: You would be doing the same thing if this had been your team in the exact same situation.
So stop complaining about us complaining about the lousy jobs by the refs.
Thank you.
:preach:

3) If you can't understand why some of us will be rooting for Dallas over Minny, then that is just something you will never understand that we can't help you with.

4) Notes to my fellow Packer fans:
Got anything to add? Feel free.

1) Why not show respect? The Packers played valiantly to the end. Their season started out lousy, and it looked like they were done. To their credit, they never gave up and showed that they will probably be the team in the NFC North to beat next year.

2) There were bad calls. You have a right to complain about em.

3) I do understand why you will be rooting for Dallas. Packers fans are different. As a Vikings fans, I would be rooting for the Packers to kill the Cowboys. Packers fans have always had some deep seated hate for the Vikings, and now that Favre has traded jerseys you feel betrayed. I do understand that, I just could care less. If we lose to Dallas, we will be in the same boat as the Packers. If we win, I will be here on this forum bragging.

4) Only thing I have to add is GO VIKES!

1cesc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care about you guys complaining, it is just annoying when you guys complain about the refs when a few weeks back the vikings fans were getting **** for complaining about the refs.
Wow, I didn't know it was even possible for someone to be butthurt over disappointed fans venting about a game. We have a reason for our sour grapes, what is yours?

Cartunist23

Cheesehead
Reaction score
lol, Thank you c_mac. Seriously. Can that guy have a discussion without pretending to be looking down on all of us from a higher plane of existence?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

:)

I actually said that many times..Those teams in the early 2000 and late 90s got in the playoffs because the divsion was so bad a slightly better record then 8-8 would get them the playoffs a majority of the times..

Then when in the playoffs they were faced with much better teams then the bears, lions, or Viks and thats why they would lose..

Although tossing 4 ints, 6 ints, and 3 ints and a int in overtime never helps

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To rival fans who "Get this thread."
Thank you very much for coming in here and showing your respect and understanding of the original points I made in the OP.
You show class and dignity.
Your team deserves to have you as a fan.

To rival fans who come in here to hijack and to argue and who show disrespect etc: (You know who you are)
You don't get it.
And if you don't get it then there's nothing we can do to help you.
*Shakes head in disgust*

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get the distinct feeling that you consistently have black eyes and fat lips, unless of course you aren't nearly as condescending and demeaning in real life. Translation, if I knew someone like you in person, I would **** their world up.

lol, Thank you c_mac. Seriously. Can that guy have a discussion without pretending to be looking down on all of us from a higher plane of existence?
Word

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's because Vikings fans were giving us **** for correctly pointing out the blown non-holding call against the Steelers on the final play of that game. Fair is fair. If you're gonna give us **** for whining, we're gonna give it back.

Members online

Latest posts