No Perry this weekend

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hes been ruled out, which sucks because we need all the help on defense we can get. Hopefully Lowery can get more snaps as well. I liked what he did in his limited role. The pass rush and keeping Wilson in the pocket is key.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I doubt we see Perry for a few games. He had surgery to repair "several" broken fingers and when he comes back will have to play with a large club. Will be interesting to see how he plays "one handed".

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt we see Perry for a few games. He had surgery to repair "several" broken fingers and when he comes back will have to play with a large club. Will be interesting to see how he plays "one handed".
Hey, if JPP can blow up his own hand and still play, I'm sure Perry will be just fine.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Hey, if JPP can blow up his own hand and still play, I'm sure Perry will be just fine.

I could be wrong, but didn't it take some time for JPP to adjust and start playing well after that? I recall Janis being terrible trying to make tackles with his club. While Perry will have fresher legs and more rested, I just hope when he does play he will actually be able to wrap guys up when making tackles.

H

HardRightEdge

Losing Perry? With the season on the line this week? All the more reason for Capers to dial up some brilliant adjustments! :confused:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Guessing we will see more of Morgan Burnett playing what Jabrill Peppers refers to as the "moneyback" or hybrid ILB position.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sounds like Perry could be out for the season, according to some reports. McCarthy is playing the typical coaching game of saying that they will evaluate each week, but I don't see it. They will shut him down so that IF they decide to bring him back on another 1yr contract, it will be cheaper.

H

HardRightEdge

Guessing we will see more of Morgan Burnett playing what Jabrill Peppers refers to as the "moneyback" or hybrid ILB position.
I think Peppers calls it that because he has a big paycheck coming. ;)

Anyway, using Burnett in that role is fair assumption. Between Graham, the Pocket Rocket Lockett and the Wilson run threat, more speed at ILB is a clearly the order of the day.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think Peppers calls it that because he has a big paycheck coming. ;)

Anyway, using Burnett in that role is fair assumption. Between Graham, the Pocket Rocket Lockett and the Wilson run threat, more speed at ILB is a clearly the order of the day.

Yeah I heard Peppers use that on The Dan Patrick Show this morning. Dan followed it up with "We all know you will be playing in the NFL next year, do you think "moneyback" will be your position? Peppers smoothly said "Oh I haven't made my decision yet on declaring eligible for the draft", yeah right.

Some teams have had some success playing that type of quick safety/LB hybrid and I like it. Not sure if Burnett will excell at it, but I like him playing there more than I like Joe Thomas playing ILB while Martinez is out. As you said, against Seattle, I like our chances better keeping Clay at OLB and playing Burnett at hybrid when the situation warrants it.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could be wrong, but didn't it take some time for JPP to adjust and start playing well after that? I recall Janis being terrible trying to make tackles with his club. While Perry will have fresher legs and more rested, I just hope when he does play he will actually be able to wrap guys up when making tackles.
I was just messing around ;) but I agree, I hope the Club/Cast doesn't interfere with his play TOO much.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
With Perry banged up we nees Datone to step up big in this game.

I'm not holding my breath on that. Jones has been a disappointment to me this year. I was a bit surprised when he and Perry were both resigned and I actually thought if one was going to step it up, it would be Jones. Perry was a pleasant surprise this year, especially early, Jones not so much.

H

HardRightEdge

Yeah I heard Peppers use that on The Dan Patrick Show this morning. Dan followed it up with "We all know you will be playing in the NFL next year, do you think "moneyback" will be your position? Peppers smoothly said "Oh I haven't made my decision yet on declaring eligible for the draft", yeah right.

Some teams have had some success playing that type of quick safety/LB hybrid and I like it. Not sure if Burnett will excell at it, but I like him playing there more than I like Joe Thomas playing ILB while Martinez is out. As you said, against Seattle, I like our chances better keeping Clay at OLB and playing Burnett at hybrid when the situation warrants it.
I'd say based on his play up in the box, especially over the last couple of weeks, he'd do just fine there. In terms of play recognition, I'm pretty well convinced he's the smartest guy on the field. Ryan is getting there, but he's not there yet. Joe Thomas is simply not as fast as people think, and his play recognition is lousy.

But would Capers agree? Perhaps not. Perhaps he'll dial up the same-old, same-old soft zone with these Seattle players having their day underneath and in the seams or the same-old, same-old blitz/man with insufficient speed to cover these kinds of players.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I was just messing around ;) but I agree, I hope the Club/Cast doesn't interfere with his play TOO much.
Clay played with one for awhile, but that was Clay Matthews at the top of his game and I honestly don't remember if it affected him or not?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'd say based on his play up in the box, especially over the last couple of weeks, he'd do just fine there. In terms of play recognition, I'm pretty well convinced he's the smartest guy on the field. Ryan is getting there, but he's not there yet. Joe Thomas is simply not as fast as people think, and his play recognition is lousy.

But would Capers agree? Perhaps not. Perhaps he'll dial up the same-old, same-old soft zone with these Seattle players having their day underneath and in the seams or the same-old, same-old blitz/man with insufficient speed to cover these kinds of players.

Once in awhile Joe Thomas makes a decent play, but for the most part I hold my breath when he is in there, fully expecting him to be out of position and/or miss a tackle.

H

HardRightEdge

Once in awhile Joe Thomas makes a decent play, but for the most part I hold my breath when he is in there, fully expecting him to be out of position and/or miss a tackle.
He's a very inconsistent player. Some plays he recognizes, most he does not. It's less of a problem when he's a dime backer...he only has to worry about the pass. As a 3 down linebacker, reading run and pass, get him the heck out of there!

OP
OP
rodell330

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jones is a bum...not expecting anything from him..maybe a penalty, but that's about it. Fakrell should see more reps Sunday as well. The plan for Peppers seeing limited snaps just went out the window too.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Jones is a bum...not expecting anything from him..maybe a penalty, but that's about it. Fakrell should see more reps Sunday as well. The plan for Peppers seeing limited snaps just went out the window too.

If Fakrell can play. I think he has been out with hamstring issues?

H

HardRightEdge

I was just thinking about Peppers. You gotta figure he's still got at least one big game left in him. While Seattle's line looked very good last week in the run game, they looked equally bad in protection. I say put him on the edge and see if the big dog can hunt one more time. If he's got it in him, he knows this is the time to bring it out.

They've been trying to save him with the reduced snap count. If not now, when?

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just thinking about Peppers. You gotta figure he's still got at least one big game left in him. While Seattle's line looked very good last week in the run game, they looked equally bad in protection. I say put him on the edge and see if the big dog can hunt one more time. If he's got it in him, he knows this is the time to bring it out.

They've been trying to save him with the reduced snap count. If not now, when?
They gave him a day off practice this week too. Old man Pep might have to save us this Sunday!

H

HardRightEdge

They gave him a day off practice this week too. Old man Pep might have to save us this Sunday!
He sure can't do it alone, but a big play or two could be the margin of difference in what I see shaping up as a low scoring game if the defense can somehow hold up their end of the bargain.

Reaction score
So let me get this right.. CM3 is battling a separated AC joint, Martinez is recovering from a knee injury, Fackrell pulled a Hammy, Jake has a bum ankle and Perry is out with a broken hand?

Jayrone And Datone better step it up a notch This Sunday. Losing this game is not an option

Members online

Latest posts