No one giving any lovein to Tim Mastay?? :(

L

Lunchboxer

That botched Punt and Him running to get the 4th down that probably was a game changer early on. Also he kicks really good punts pinning people back.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
He's a punter, not like a REAL player. :x3: Like a fire extinguisher you hope to never need to use him but he comes in handy when required.

Hype

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, Masthay was the player of the game in the NFC Championship game. He kicked the hell out of that ball; deep and long

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Punters are good and all but he fumbled twice on the same play, with barely getting hit. I'm glad he knows how to get rid of the ball, but try to learn some ball security

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I gave him major props in the Jets game last year. We played a field position game and it was Mastay's leg that helped us win the game. He's a good punter and deserves to take his part in why the Packers are a successful team.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
I think being good is having the awareness and ability to sidestep a 200 lb ST madmen lunging at you. The rest... definitely luck.

Yeah, how that rusher got as free as he did was ridiculous. Great awareness by Masthay to pick it up and run with it. Fumbling twice all by himself was odd but overall a great play.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Kudos to Tim for not getting that punt blocked and I think the defender may have hit the ball out of his hands on the first fumble. But IMO there isn’t any excuse for the way he carried the ball after he picked it up. Once he reached the first down marker he should have had both hands on it and before then, he should have had it tucked in his elbow. Instead he was carrying it away from his body, in one hand. (No player should do that IMO - not DBs, WRs, QBs, and certainly not punters!) Yes, I know he’s not a RB but c’mon, he handles the football a lot and has been around the game long enough to know better.

However, the Packers have finally found their punter. His stats aren't great but he's a solid punter and holder for Crosby.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That botched Punt and Him running to get the 4th down that probably was a game changer early on. Also he kicks really good punts pinning people back.
That play was very lucky on our part.... and Timmy tried to fumble it away it seemed!
Good breaks happen for some team in every game.... we'll take em!

Members online

Latest posts