Nick Luchey

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to the team report on foxsports.com, the Packers will give Luchey every chance to beat out Henderson in camp. I don't see why people can't give the credit to WH where credit is due. He's a stud but every year he has to prove his status on the team. I hope WH beats out every FB they bring in for the next 2-3 years because he's that good!

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ND I agree 100%. Why can't they be happy and utilize the great player, not to mention loyal, that they have. Really that's no news, they've been giving Luchey every opportunity since he came here, and it's not even close, or they would give it to him to warrant spending the $2.5 mill a year or whatever. It was a bad decision to bring him here, a waste of money. It's a shame the way WH has been treated.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have two very good fullbacks. What's to complain about? I think the competition has made Henderson stronger, and because of Luchey the team will be okay if Henderson retires or gets injured.

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have two very good fullbacks. What's to complain about? I think the competition has made Henderson stronger, and because of Luchey the team will be okay if Henderson retires or gets injured.
I agree with Greg here,Luchey is a very suitable replacement if Henderson is hurt or needs to sit out a down. I believe he is getting better and will replace Henderson one day, but not now.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Henderson is one of the truly great Packers of all time. Gives every ounce of energy on every play. He lives and dies as a Packer. Every young player on the team should be forced to spend time studying him. He is the archetypal professional football player. It will take a great effort by Luchey to beat him out. I love the guy.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Henderson. He gives his all and is a true pro, unlike guys like Hunt. But sooner or later he's going to run out of gas. I don't know if that time is this year or not, but it wouldn't surprise me if Henderson was the starter, and likewise I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make the team.

I feel the same about Luchey. If Luchey can't stay healthy, or come to camp in shape, or show a better work ethic, I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone. But I wouldn't be surprised to see him as the starter if he puts his best effort to go with his physical ability.

And don't over look Leach. He was a punishing blocker the few times I seen him on special teams last year. He has the physical ability. If he made strides in the off season to learn the offense and improve his skills, he comes much cheaper than Luchey or Henderson.

Sherman loves Henderson, and I do too, but if TT wants to get younger and save some salary cap room, Leach could find a spot if he improved over the off season.

I think all 3 have different reasons why they will or won't be on the final roster. I think it will be interesting to see how it develops.

OP
OP
NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cali,

Yeah I guess so but it just gets irritating to me. Here #4 (and I'm not comparing the two as far as importance to the team) gets excused from camp yet what does WH get when he comes back year in and year out? You have to win your job again with this Luchey breathing down your neck! OK, before people go nuts and reply to this, I know that WH is no where near #4, I just wish he'd get his just due because he's been every bit as loyal as anyone ever to wear the green and gold. I love the player and hope he sticks around for another 2-3 years to prove his doubters wrong. In fact, I truly believe he's one of the best FB's out there - still.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just read the quote below from a Packer chat today with Lori Nickel that I thought was interesting.

Q: Bryan of Albany, NY - Hi Lori, How did Vonta Leach look in minicamp? Nick Luchey appears unable to beat out Henderson for a starting role. Is it time to look at a less expensive option for our back up fullback?

A: Lori Nickel - Vonta seemed to get plenty of reps. He did break free and looks in shape, and he's only 23. It seems the staff is seriously considering him.

leopardmech

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Leach is a little cheaper and a little younger it might not be a bad idea for him to be the back up. I do like Luchey though and without having a chance to see either of these guys in camp I really don't know who I would choose.

Later
Leopardmech

kemosabe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick Luchey is what he is, a good 4th and short yardage FB. William Henderson will get the nod.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well said JBlood. Gotta love a player who leaves it all on the field and doesn't whine about it nor dislocate his arm from patting his own back.
With that said. I hope they keep all three.

Members online

Latest posts