Nick Barnett twitted....

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In fact, I really like Kareem Jackson from Alabama. He has a ton of potential IMO. Also Jerome Murphy could be a great option in GB if he can revamp his character and was coached for a couple seasons on his weaknesses. One of his best assets is his jam. Sound familiar? Guy is similar to Al Harris. Could be a good sleeper in the draft if he falls to round three or even four.
I don't know much about Murphy. I read in some places that he's a FS, and in some that he's a CB...

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is the catch with this draft: go with the o line first. Packers need a good lineman for the future, Clifton and Tauscher aren't getting any younger. This is an exceptional draft year with some phenomenal talent at CB. There will be players taken in the third round that would have been late first or second rounders in previous seasons. A big name will be available (fingers crossed) in the second round for the Packers, so addressing the O Line is a must.

Additionally, there is a lot of talent at line this year as well, but it is not as deep. It could be a draft year full of first round o line picks especially with the draft lacking in standout running backs and WR's.

I would love for Colledge's agent to work out a deal before the draft so the Pack could pick up an additional 2nd round pick. That said I would like to see the Pack trade down their first pick for additional 2nd and 3rd round picks, even using our late round picks to make it happen.

To have 4 to 5 picks in the 2nd to 3rd rounds would be ideal.

It just seems to me that after the 20th pick, the talent becomes pretty even between the 20th to 80th selections.

IMO I trust TT finding that diamond in the ruff more than I do with his first round selections. Then again A-rod and Mathews have turned out pretty good. Yet Harrell, Hawk, and I would even throw in Nelson have not been home run hitters. The jury is still out on Raji, being the 9th overall he needs to have an impact this year. Hawk has been productive, but we could have gotten the same production from a 3rd round pick at a considerable less money, 5th overall you would hope that by his 5th season he would be one of the main anchors in your defense.

I still have hope for Harrell. If he can play and generate a pass rush from our 3 lineman, combined with Jenkins and Raji, I believe Bush could play in our secndary and look good. If we get decent production out of Harrell, wow watch out.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love for Colledge's agent to work out a deal before the draft so the Pack could pick up an additional 2nd round pick. That said I would like to see the Pack trade down their first pick for additional 2nd and 3rd round picks, even using our late round picks to make it happen.

To have 4 to 5 picks in the 2nd to 3rd rounds would be ideal.

It just seems to me that after the 20th pick, the talent becomes pretty even between the 20th to 80th selections.

IMO I trust TT finding that diamond in the ruff more than I do with his first round selections. Then again A-rod and Mathews have turned out pretty good. Yet Harrell, Hawk, and I would even throw in Nelson have not been home run hitters. The jury is still out on Raji, being the 9th overall he needs to have an impact this year. Hawk has been productive, but we could have gotten the same production from a 3rd round pick at a considerable less money, 5th overall you would hope that by his 5th season he would be one of the main anchors in your defense.

I still have hope for Harrell. If he can play and generate a pass rush from our 3 lineman, combined with Jenkins and Raji, I believe Bush could play in our secndary and look good. If we get decent production out of Harrell, wow watch out.

Harrel could be a force if he finds any kind of way to stay healthy.

Murphy could probably play both but base on his ability to jam I would honestly think he is best suited as a CB for the Packer's purposes.

I wouldn't trade down. The Packers need a good DB and Olineman regardless of what anyone says. Kyle Wilson could be around the Packers selection, and Devin McCourtney would be a good pick as well. One guy I think is interesting that will probably fall because of his school is Vladmir Ducasse from UMass...

I go to UMaine and saw him here in Orono last season. He really is a monster. Stood out above anyone else. Alot of people think he could have first round talent had he not been from a FCS school. Plus he hasn't played football for too long. I know GB is not looking for a project but I actually think that he could be a starter by camp of 2011.

Whatever the case I just realized there is no point in speculating because TT will possibly do something in the draft that will make us want to all die for a few hours, like drafting Tebow or Daryl Clark in the first round or something.

HOWEVER: I would love to get a DB in the second round. As you said it does balance out somewhat 20-80, and there will still be some really good lineman available, especially since this draft is incredibly deep at DB and OL. Long story short I think there could be some good things coming out of this draft and I honestly suspect a class as powerful as last season simply based on the talent of players coming out of college this year.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts