1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Nice Bart Starr video...

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by OldSchoolFan, Mar 16, 2011.

1. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    I found this little gem and really enjoyed it. Some of the game footage was new to me, but I really liked hearing from Jerry Kramer, Max McGee, Paul Hornung and Boyd Dowler. Enjoy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84u3a5oVak4&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Heart of a Champion: Bart Starr[/ame]

• Like Like x 2
  2. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Canadian Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +166
    Consider it enjoyed. Looks so young in that first image.

3. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    Great video. Bart Starr is my all time favorite Packer. I grew up watching the Pack in the 60's and loved watching him run the 2:00 drill. You always believed, even when you were down, that he would connect with McGee or Carroll Dale for the win. Of course, watching Nitschke play defense was a lot of fun also.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GBPack2010

GBPack2010 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +67
    Ahh the era when the game was above all else. Wished money wasn't as much of an issue to ruin the league these days. Golden days of the 60s.

• Like Like x 2
  5. LAG

LAG Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +164
    I was a young boy during that era and Bart is my favorite Packer of all time. My parents bought me a Starr youth uniform and I wish I still had it, but I wore it out playing back yard ball. What I appreciate now more than ever is the fact he didn't throw INT's in playoff games, which is one of the reasons the Pack was so dominant during the Lombardi run.

Rodgers seems to be of a similar mold as Starr with his character, preparation and ball control.

Thanks for the video post OldSchool!

6. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    I don't know him personally, but don't you feel like you do? Starr seems like the most genuine person I have ever seen, and knowing that Rodgers wants to pattern his career after Bart's makes me sleep well at night.

• Like Like x 3
  7. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    The best QB of all time bar none, as evidenced by being the winningest, most clutch, better postseason rating QB, 2/2 SB MVP.
    Rodgers is threatening him, with all this winning and greatness and amazing performance and all. Still have a long way to go, though.

8. Boy Scout

Boy Scout Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    Great video, at one piont it almost looked like the ref had to duck under Starr's pass! :happy0005: