Nice Bart Starr video...

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I found this little gem and really enjoyed it. Some of the game footage was new to me, but I really liked hearing from Jerry Kramer, Max McGee, Paul Hornung and Boyd Dowler. Enjoy.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84u3a5oVak4&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Heart of a Champion: Bart Starr[/ame]

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Great video. Bart Starr is my all time favorite Packer. I grew up watching the Pack in the 60's and loved watching him run the 2:00 drill. You always believed, even when you were down, that he would connect with McGee or Carroll Dale for the win. Of course, watching Nitschke play defense was a lot of fun also.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was a young boy during that era and Bart is my favorite Packer of all time. My parents bought me a Starr youth uniform and I wish I still had it, but I wore it out playing back yard ball. What I appreciate now more than ever is the fact he didn't throw INT's in playoff games, which is one of the reasons the Pack was so dominant during the Lombardi run.

Rodgers seems to be of a similar mold as Starr with his character, preparation and ball control.

Thanks for the video post OldSchool!

OP
OP
OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know him personally, but don't you feel like you do? Starr seems like the most genuine person I have ever seen, and knowing that Rodgers wants to pattern his career after Bart's makes me sleep well at night.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best QB of all time bar none, as evidenced by being the winningest, most clutch, better postseason rating QB, 2/2 SB MVP.
Rodgers is threatening him, with all this winning and greatness and amazing performance and all. Still have a long way to go, though.