1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Nhl 2010-2011

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by Green_Bay_Packers, Sep 13, 2010.

1. VersusTheMoose

VersusTheMoose Greatest of All-Time

Ratings:
    +161
    It was not pretty but the Hawks are out; Canucks move on. Maybe the greatest first round series of all-time.

2. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    My Flyers are 4 and out to the Bruins. :( My heart is just iced! To be really honest, I think goal tending was our downfall. That and a lack of Pronger.

Bruins have a VERY strong team, word to the wise to whoever they play next.

Good luck to everyone's remaining teams. I just have some sad eyes right now and they are leaking. :(

I shall always love you Flyers.

3. packerstl101

packerstl101 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +31
    My team (Blues) didn't even make it. I'm hoping for the Canucks though. I like the Sedin twins.

4. VersusTheMoose

Ratings:
    +161
    'Nucks move on! The Preds were not able to match-up with Kesler or score on Lu consistently. If it wasn't for a few fluky goals the Canucks would have ended it in 4 or 5.

5. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Well, all my teams are iced, I'll put in a cheer for your 'Nucks, Moose! Hopefully they can make it to the finals and win the Cup!!! :) At lease somebody on here will have a happy hockey heart! Beware of the Bruins, though, they are fierce!

6. VersusTheMoose

Ratings:
    +161
    Yeah no doubt. The Bruins are a scary match-up for the Canucks specifically because they are just as good as the Preds defensively but actually have some scoring talent. That would definitely be a tough match-up IF the Canucks are fortunate enough to get by the Sharks/Wings.

7. packerstl101

packerstl101 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +31
    the sharks are wrappin up the series tonight

8. VersusTheMoose

Ratings:
    +161
    I wanted the Wings to push it to a game 7 just to extend the series and punish whoever actually wins, but the Sharks are the better match-up for the 'Nucks so I hope they take it Thursday.

9. Kitten

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Don't count out the Wings just yet. They are always a factor, although I think the Sharks will take that series. Of the Sharks Vs Canucks, I'd go with the Canucks...

Early prediction for the Stanley Cup Finals: Canucks Vs Bruins,

'Nucks take it in G6 OT.

10. JCpackers04

JCpackers04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    San Jose has been the biggest choke artist of the NHL for the last several seasons and i fully expect them to lose this game 7. Detroit is just a machine year in and year out they are competing for the cup.

I think the winner of that series will ultimately beat the Canucks in the WCF. The Canucks are a one man team right now and thats Kesler. The Sedins have been completely invisible and if that doesnt change then i dont see the Canucks getting the offense needed to win the next series. Plus Luongo has a tendency to give up major softies when the pressure is on. Also despite Rinnes phenomenal efforts that series with the Preds should not have gone six games. The Canucks are a better team on every front and the fact that they struggle to beat an offensively inept team is worrying when either Detroit or San Jose are waiting. However, if the Canucks get to the finals i dont think either Eastern Conference team will beat them.

11. VersusTheMoose

Ratings:
    +161
    I think everyone can agree if the twins don't find their game in the next series it doesn't matter who wins tonight because they will move past the Canucks. However, Henrik gets 6 days to rest whatever is bothering him and then Daniel will hopefully have his play-maker back. If they do get going and Lu can stop letting in those fluky goals this team will be hard to beat no matter who they play.

12. packerstl101

packerstl101 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +31
    i cant wait for this game tonight. i think its going to be really good again. i hope the sharks can win this time though

13. JCpackers04

JCpackers04 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    Yeah i dont really care what happens in this game 7. just very happy that there is another game in this awesome series.

Plus i love watching games when they're in San Jose. That building is LOUD and so far this game the crowd has been amazing. 2-0 Sharks

14. VersusTheMoose

Ratings:
    +161
    Wings made it close but the Sharks pulled it out. I love this match-up for the 'Nucks; it will be tough but the Canucks will have room to breathe unlike against the Preds. 3-0-1 is the season series for the Canucks so they should have the edge given they had 6 days rest and have home ice on their side.

Canucks in 6

15. VersusTheMoose

Ratings:
    +161
    Good win for the Lighting last night; now the Canucks are up. This reminds me of the first time the Packers were in the NFC Championship since I was a child a few years back. I hope this turns out a little better.

16. JJP41

JJP41 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +215
    I'm pulling for the Sharks over Vancouver.

17. VersusTheMoose

Ratings:
    +161
    Good win for the 'Nucks tonight. If Lu didn't give them a goal it wouldn't have been as close but a win is a win at this point of the season.

18. VersusTheMoose

Ratings:
    +161
  19. VersusTheMoose

Ratings:
    +161
    Laughable win for the 'Nucks. Great night!

20. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +110
    HAHA Thats a great picture :)

21. VANRIDERFAN

VANRIDERFAN Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyone see the boob flasher by the Sharks penalty box?

22. VersusTheMoose

Ratings:
    +161
    I didn't notice it during the game but have seen pictures since. Trashy move on the girls part but she rivaled the Sedins for best twins of the night. :happy0005:

23. VersusTheMoose

Ratings:
    +161
    'Nucks are Cup bound!!

24. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    Its shaping up to be a good year for you isn't it VtM? Packers win the Super Bowl and the Canucks are Stanley Cup bound. Good on ya.

25. VersusTheMoose

Ratings:
    +161
    Yeah it has been an amazing year; 15 years of heartache has just made this last year that much sweeter. Now if the Jays could just turn it around..Haha.