NFL needs streaming games like MLB.tv

G0PackG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off, if it wasn't for Packers football and the NFL I would not even have cable/satellite. We watch shows on Netflix/Hulu/Amazon, news is all online and I watch MLB.tv for baseball(it's sooo much better than tv). So I pay a lot per month for channels we never watch. If there was an NFL.tv I would cut the cord. And use the money saved to get to Lambeau for a bigtime matchup! :) Just made my 2nd sunday ticket payment and I really like it. But nothing else. NFL needs to look to the future.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL doesn't really need to adopt that as a business model, at least not now. MLB does because they play 162 games a year and need people to watch in any way they can. On the other hand, NFL has no issues with people watching.

Reaction score
NFL doesn't really need to adopt that as a business model, at least not now. MLB does because they play 162 games a year and need people to watch in any way they can. On the other hand, NFL has no issues with people watching.
They have no issues... But let's say they charged $400 to watch every game online except for the primetime games. They would make so much MORE money by doing that.

asifp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys for those of us living outside the USA, its $150 for the entire season every single game.

Its called NFL gamepass. Online streaming of every game.

Its due to the TV licensing deal that NFL has in the USA it cannot have its own stream online

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Guys for those of us living outside the USA, its $150 for the entire season every single game.

Its called NFL gamepass. Online streaming of every game.

Its due to the TV licensing deal that NFL has in the USA it cannot have its own stream online

How you figure? When I checked into it, it was 139 pounds, which equates to $200

asifp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How you figure? When I checked into it, it was 139 pounds, which equates to $200

They reduced it this season. You can get regular season for £99 and regular plus playoff for £129. Or follow your team for £85

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are live feeds for every game. Or at least that's what I hear

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Let me ask you this:

If I can't for some reason get to my computer at game time, can I watch the game from the beginning even if it's already in the 2nd quarter?

asifp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let me ask you this:

If I can't for some reason get to my computer at game time, can I watch the game from the beginning even if it's already in the 2nd quarter?

Yes you can sir. Plus they have a little highlight thing at the bottom to show the big plays and you can just watch those if you want.

And every single game every single week is being streamed live and if your connection supports it you can have multiple games running on at the same time

So I am always switching games to watch the ones I want.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
They reduced it this season. You can get regular season for £99 and regular plus playoff for £129. Or follow your team for £85
Hmm, looks like it's cheaper in UK, I paid 160 Euros (200 USD, 126 GBP) for regular season :eek:
However, best choice for me because I can watch every Packer game and all other games I want to.

And as GreenBlood wrote, a fast (European) VPN Account (HMA e.g.) could help ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts