NFL.COM's Analysis of Our Upcoming Wildcard Game

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think Vick over Rodgers and D Line is laughable, but whatever.

QB - Packers
RB - Eagles
WR - Packers, but it's close.
O Line - Eagles (much better run-blocking, both poor pass protect) Maybe a Push here.
D Line - Packers
LBs - Packers
Secondary - Packers
ST - Eagles
Coaching - Eagles
Overall - Remains to be seen.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just watched a video with Brian Balldinger or whatever his name is and my Lord, is he on Mike Vick's *******... The other two guys debating with him would bring up a point about the Packers defense being solid this season and his response... "Yeah, but they haven't faced a guy like Vick"...

I agree, Vick is something special on the football field, but my word... he acts like the guy walks on water or some ****.

OP
OP
Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
I just watched a video with Brian Balldinger or whatever his name is and my Lord, is he on Mike Vick's *******... The other two guys debating with him would bring up a point about the Packers defense being solid this season and his response... "Yeah, but they haven't faced a guy like Vick"...

I agree, Vick is something special on the football field, but my word... he acts like the guy walks on water or some ****.

um yeah is he retarded. we played vick week 1

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Vick is healthy, he'll give us fits, but I'd still take Rogers any day over him. Our defense wins the game.

ilovemypackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles claim to fame has been the big plays.. they aren't a concise machine marching down field. Our defense can contain the run, including Vick, the secondary has the WR's beat..which means Vick will likely throw ****-dunk type passes, which has gotten them no where.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles claim to fame has been the big plays.. they aren't a concise machine marching down field. Our defense can contain the run, including Vick, the secondary has the WR's beat..which means Vick will likely throw ****-dunk type passes, which has gotten them no where.

This I'm not sure I agree with. I feel more comfortable with our defensive backfield than I do our ability to stop the run... Chances are we will be in nickel a good portion of the game because it's the best way to match up to Philly's speed. This leaves our run defense vulnerable to be run on. Or to start dumping screens off, which can act like a running game if you need it to. They've got a pretty damn good pass catching RB too in McCoy.

That said, I'm glad that it's Dom Capers' job to put together a game plan on this one and not mine or anyone else's. It would make my head hurt trying to figure it out.

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
QB - Rodgers for 3 quarters, Vick 4th quarter

RB - PHI

WR - PHI (They drop less, they have Celek, and McCoy, albeit a HB, gives them one of the NFL's premiere screen games).

OL - They're both pretty bad, but to be amongst the NFL leaders in sacks allowed when Vick is your QB says something.

Anything Defense - Us

ST - PHI

Coaching - GB (McCarthy has made some questionable play calling decisions this season, and Andy Reid often abandons his running game, which has cost him in past playoffs).

erik_m_vos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wide receivers.... if you compare just wide receivers or TE's with 22 catches or more (i say 22 cause Quarless and Finley both have 21 and there are no Eagles receivers over 20 besides listed) Then the Packers have the edge this season....

Packers: Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson... 222 catches, 3356 yards, 23 scores
Eagles: Macklin, Jackson, Avant, Celek.. 211 catches, 3104 yards, 21 scores

There is the argument that you have to throw in McCoy... ok... and just for hates sake, I'll toss in B.Jack to compare as well
Packers with RB's added : 265 catches, 3698 yards, 24 scores
Eagles with RB's added : 289 Catches, 3696 yards, 23 scores

Even WITh adding McCoy the Packers have a slight edge in yards and scores.

Eagles only have three Wr's worth anything... WR's! Both Jones and Nelson performed better than Avant, the Eagles 3rd receiver.

So my argument is that there is NO way that the Eagles have better WR"S than the Packers.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wide receivers.... if you compare just wide receivers or TE's with 22 catches or more (i say 22 cause Quarless and Finley both have 21 and there are no Eagles receivers over 20 besides listed) Then the Packers have the edge this season....

Packers: Jennings, Driver, Jones, Nelson... 222 catches, 3356 yards, 23 scores
Eagles: Macklin, Jackson, Avant, Celek.. 211 catches, 3104 yards, 21 scores

There is the argument that you have to throw in McCoy... ok... and just for hates sake, I'll toss in B.Jack to compare as well
Packers with RB's added : 265 catches, 3698 yards, 24 scores
Eagles with RB's added : 289 Catches, 3696 yards, 23 scores

Even WITh adding McCoy the Packers have a slight edge in yards and scores.

Eagles only have three Wr's worth anything... WR's! Both Jones and Nelson performed better than Avant, the Eagles 3rd receiver.

So my argument is that there is NO way that the Eagles have better WR"S than the Packers.
I think they're pretty much equal.

There's one word we need to remember: drops.

Members online

Latest posts