1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFC Playoffs

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by irishpacker, Nov 16, 2007.

1. irishpacker

irishpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Top 6 teams in the NFC at the moment are:

1: Cowboys 8-1
    2: Packers 8-1
    3: Lions 6-3 (wow, they're finally good!)
    4: Giants 6-3
    5: Buccs 5-4
    6: Seahawks 5-4
    7:Redskins 5-4

>Do you think this order will change dramatically? Will a team like the Eagles or Bears get a last minute surge and make the playoffs?

Personally, I think the Pack, Cowboys, Lions and Giants are shoe-ins. But slots 5 and 6 are wide open. I would love to see the Saints or Cardinals (both 4-5) make a huge effort and make the playoffs.

also I would like to take this time to say how happy I am that the Lions and the Browns are (for the first time I can remember since I started following american football back in the 90's) they are finally doing well! I kind of understood how the Browns were so bad, since they had their team stolen essentially. But the Lions? So many 1st round drafts, so little success. Has the role of "worst teams in the league" Been swapped? Finally the Lions and Browns get a chance, and its Miami's and StLouis' turn to be crap!

2. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Irish

in there defense, the Lions almost won the whole thing in 1991? when they lost out to the Redskins in the NFC title game. Also, they and the Packers were playoff teams in the mid 90s.

Somehow, the Lions, when they lost Barry Sanders due to retirement fell of the face of the NFL.

BUT, Lions have 5 NFL titles... as many as the Cowboys and the Steelers.

I think you are right though it willbe difficult to deny the Lions a playoff spot this year.

3. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent question Irish.
    There are the 4 divisional winners.
    It should be
    East- Dallas
    North- GB
    South- Tampa
    West- Seattle
    I only see New Orleans pushing Tampa (Carolina with their injuries is done.) and maybe MAYBE Arizona pushing Seattle but I doubt it.
    The 2 wild card teams have a couple of challengers.
    Giants and Detroit lead now but Washington is pushing them. Phillie is a long shot.

I would have to look at everyone's schedule and see who they still have to play before I could say for sure.

Hope your trip this weekend is a good one. Dress warm.

4. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Division winners:
    Dallas
    GB
    Tampa
    Seattle- by default. That division is horrible.

Giants get in, and I'll say Detroit for now.

So, yeah, I agree with wpr.

5. wpr

wpr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

You are a genius.

I did a quick look at the schedule and I will keep the same teams.
    New Orleans ties TB but loses the playoff spot based on tie breakers (Divisional records.)

I see Atlanta has an outside chance to win the South division if the other teams continue to struggle. 6 of their last 7 games are against teams in the weaker south and west divisions but they have not shown too much this year.

6. tkpckfan

tkpckfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    although the lions have improved big time this year and are off to a 6-3 start I see them falling out of or close to being out of the playoff picture. they have a really hard schedule coming up with 2 division games between the packers and vikings. and also have to play the giants,cowboys,chargers and chiefs. then us again. i say at best they finish 3-4 which puts them at 9-7 which could be good enough but will be close.

7. spardo62

spardo62 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Lions schedule much tougher the 2nd half of the season, but with 6 already it is hard to imagine them not sitting at 9 or 10 wins at the end of the season and that should give them 1 WC. The second WC should go to the Giants for the same reason.

Dallas and GB seem to be locks for division titles, but with 8 wins already they will at least be WC.

That leaves the West and South. TB and NO will battle, but I would give the edge to TB. SEA seems poised to win this division, although Arizona could sneak past.

So here it is according to seed:
    DAL
    GB
    SEA
    TB
    NYG
    DET

8. DoddPower

DoddPower Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!

Ratings:
    +54
    I saw on NFL network last night that the Lions have the toughest schedule in the NFL for the remainder of the season. If they lose this sunday to the giants, I don't see them winning more then 9 games on the year . .

9. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No argument here.

10. brennan1884

brennan1884 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Division winners...

Dallas
    Green Bay
    Seattle
    Tampa Bay

Wild Card....
    Giants
    Redskins....... lol their schhedule is easier than the Lions

I think the LIons will finish 8-8 after starting 6-2..... DOnt be shocked, they have us twice, Dallas, and NYG, San Diego...

they may even finish 7-9 .....seriously

11. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Agreed.

I think the Lions will be very hard pressed to win three more.

Not one single one will be easy.

12. packerfan4ever

packerfan4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +53
    well i think by the skin of their teeth the get a wild card the lions falcons dont see them in the race seahawks yes sice holgren wants to do alot of passing bears i dont see it at all because they have no offence and their d-line is banged up come on rex is at the helm i would like us to have home feild and i really think we can get to the s.b. this year,our guys have really come along dont do what the bears did get a big head cause that is how you will lose