Next up LIONS! Here kitty kitty.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
We're gonna need a big game from Aaron Jones. The OL being healthy should help. Division game at home. This is a must win game to keep hope alive.

Meiiko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With a healthy OL and the long break I’m looking for Hundley to come out guns blazing. We need to lean on the run game a bit more with Ty & Jones but Hundley needs to be ready for 3rd and longs. Based on the success of the Steelers run game, no reason why we can’t do the same they gave up major yards. We have to put pressure on Stafford and not let him stay in that pocket to long or we’re screwed. #gopackgo

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score
Based on the success of the Steelers run game, no reason why we can’t do the same they gave up major yards.

??

Rushing - ATT - YDS - TD - LG
L. Bell - 25 - 76 - 1 - 8
J. Conner - 1 - 1 - 0 - 1
B. Roethlisberger - 3 - -2 - 0 - 0

Bell averaged 3.0 yards per carry against the Lions, his lowest single game average all year. Detroit is 7th in YPG right now, and 5th in YPC. Run defense is the one consistent thing they have going for them right now.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just wanted to reiterate that point, as I think it in my head everytime.
and waiting for guys to show they're open instead of throwing where they'll be open. needs to trust the WRs.

i expect a carbon copy of the NO game. (you youngsters out there can look up carbon paper for context. lol)

Meiiko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
??

Rushing - ATT - YDS - TD - LG
L. Bell - 25 - 76 - 1 - 8
J. Conner - 1 - 1 - 0 - 1
B. Roethlisberger - 3 - -2 - 0 - 0

Bell averaged 3.0 yards per carry against the Lions, his lowest single game average all year. Detroit is 7th in YPG right now, and 5th in YPC. Run defense is the one consistent thing they have going for them right now.

Was it the Steelers best game this season no but their run game was reliable. My point sir madam person was we’re going to have to depend on our run game in order to win this game. We can’t depend on Hundley solely and the run worked.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hundley doing very well is for 2 important reasons. 1. The season and 2. to show the rest of the NFL that Hundley is legit. Therefore MM has to give him every opportunity to do the job. Can't play it safe here. imho

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
and waiting for guys to show they're open instead of throwing where they'll be open. needs to trust the WRs.

i expect a carbon copy of the NO game. (you youngsters out there can look up carbon paper for context. lol)
Not sure why you want to tag someone in an email? Paper???

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Though this is a must win, I am hoping for a close game. If I see legitimate hope out of Hundley (win or lose) I will take that as a win. This season will go down in one of four ways:

1.) We lose out and get a good draft selection. Hundley has no trade value, but we can drop him.
2.) We smell playoffs, led by the run game and the defense. Hundley plays terribly, has no trade value, and we get the 20th pick in the draft. (Worst case scenario).
3.) We smell playoffs, but fall short with a no AROD return scenario, but Hundley plays well and increases his trade value from nothing to maybe a 4th rounder?
4.) Hundley and a Rodgers return gets us into play offs. Hundley increases his trade value potentially to a 2nd rounder - see Jimmy Garapolo (but we hold on to him until the trade deadline next year) and we potentially make a play off run with Rodgers. (Best case scenario).

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Though this is a must win, I am hoping for a close game. If I see legitimate hope out of Hundley (win or lose) I will take that as a win. This season will go down in one of four ways:

1.) We lose out and get a good draft selection. Hundley has no trade value, but we can drop him.
2.) We smell playoffs, led by the run game and the defense. Hundley plays terribly, has no trade value, and we get the 20th pick in the draft. (Worst case scenario).
3.) We smell playoffs, but fall short with a no AROD return scenario, but Hundley plays well and increases his trade value from nothing to maybe a 4th rounder?
4.) Hundley and a Rodgers return gets us into play offs. Hundley increases his trade value potentially to a 2nd rounder - see Jimmy Garapolo (but we hold on to him until the trade deadline next year) and we potentially make a play off run with Rodgers. (Best case scenario).

Let's hope for no.4. ;)

Moving forward I hope to see Josh Jones and Burnett on the field at the same time more along with HaHa. I also wanna see Biegel emerge as an edge rusher so maybe they can move Clay inside to replace Ryan and play next to Blake. Lets put the best 11 on the field. Need Ahmad Brooks to get healthy too and there still might just be some hope for this defense.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The way I figure it...if Hundley gets us to the playoffs and plays really well; he will be worth at least a one. Of course a team would need to be able to lock him up long term before the trade.

Reaction score
Vince Biegel is back. While I don’t expect much of him game 1. We could really use some motivation on the D and him stepping up over the course of the next few weeks would be a great start.
While all the talk is naturally about our Offensive woes. Our Defense needs to step up and play lights out for once.
This game “is” our playoffs and I sincerely hope our DC looks at it that way and challenges his players.

Last edited:

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Disappointing season for Brice, had some high hopes for him.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man, I'd sure like to know who claimed that haha. I believe the Packers DO have enough talent to be a 10-6 team..even without Rodgers. HOWEVER the sad part is..I don't believe they have the coaching staff or management to be 10-6 without Rodgers. That's why they will miss the playoffs.
The problem is Hundley's arm and slow release/reaction. Just terrible. The coaching staff can't overcome Hundley's complete lack of ability as a QB.