Next up LIONS! Here kitty kitty.

D

Deleted member 6794

btw what happened to Captain Wimm?... did he bail out?

No posts since Oct 22nd. I'm kind of worried. He averages 14 posts per day usually. Hope he is on vacation and not in a coma or something.

TT is doing a great job.

That's for you Wimm. In case you are in a coma, that should snap you out of it.

Work kept me way too busy over the past two weeks. Hopefully I will be able to post regularly going forward. Thanks Amish for that comment forcing me to reply to it. ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Work kept me way too busy over the past two weeks. Hopefully I will be able to post regularly going forward. Thanks Amish for that comment forcing me to reply to it. ;)

Welcome back, this must mean the Packers are going to start winning....as long as you don't attend the game! ;)

I think we all just discovered something thanks to Amish, it's like the Batman Spotlight Signal. If you need the Captain....Just post "TT is doing a great job.".....He puts his utility belt on and slides down the WIMM pole!

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Actually the opinions of the posters here will not change based on this game. If they lose, the "I-told-you-so's" will be out in a vengeance predicting the 4-12 season record. The sky is falling, pack it in til draft season. These same posters will use the blind squirrel / stopped clock analogies unless it is a blowout. If the Packers win or barely lose or get blown out , the flip side of the fence will say "patience and Brett will get better." Almost think I'll take the next few weeks off, now that Wimm has been found safe.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Poppa, you are probably correct. I grew up watching the Pack in the 60's. The next two decades were largely me hoping for a good game and being competitive. That was all I needed and still never missed listening or watching a game. No matter what happenes tonight, I will be hoping this is just another step forward for our neww QB and he will get better. Just like I did with Jim Del Gaizo, Scott Hunter, Jack Concannon, John Hadl, Rich Campbell... you get the picture. But I never gave up hope and Lynn ****ey and then the Majic Man gave me more hope. And then some guy whose name was spelled different than how it was pronounced. Then this belt wearing dude. So I have hope again tonight. My hope never stops.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another game, Hundley has 27 yards so far. I bet he passes for less than 90 yards, again. We need another QB, 87 yards is not going to equal a win. Come on Packers, I don't care about defense if we can't even get 300 yards. Our defense needs to be better, but less than 90 yards passing will always equals a loss.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, he had than 90 yards, and completed more than 50% of his passes. The defense was really bad and that's the story of the night. Brett didn't show me anything to change my mind though. I still think we need a new QB or we have a 0% of making the playoffs. We might go 4-12 or 5-11 otherwise, no confidence in this defense, and our QB is not going to make up the difference.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett showed me some potential if only the defense would let him get out there more often. Jon Gruden talked about that during the fourth quarter. The bye did not help him learn to avoid pressure and get rid of the football in a dirty pocket. He needs drives against a good defense to figure out when it is better to throw the ball away than run through any gap he sees in front of him.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett showed me some potential if only the defense would let him get out there more often. Jon Gruden talked about that during the fourth quarter. The bye did not help him learn to avoid pressure and get rid of the football in a dirty pocket. He needs drives against a good defense to figure out when it is better to throw the ball away than run through any gap he sees in front of him.

Agreed, his outing was better than his last one, but that's not saying much. Right now, we have no chance of making the playoffs and that is disappointing. (Our defense needs to get someone off the field) Last year we were in the NFC championship game. Hundley is not a QB that's going win us any games through his arm, I just don't see it.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Potential for what? Hundley doesn't even look like a #2 preseason QB at this point. The guy has been in the system long enough that he shouldn't look like a rookie QB coming in for the first time. Sure, he made a few plays tonight with his legs, but the rest of what he did was unimpressive.

D

Deleted member 6794

Potential for what? Hundley doesn't even look like a #2 preseason QB at this point. The guy has been in the system long enough that he shouldn't look like a rookie QB coming in for the first time. Sure, he made a few plays tonight with his legs, but the rest of what he did was unimpressive.

McCarthy being way too risk-averse calling plays doesn't help Hundley perform up to his potential.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy being way too risk-averse calling plays doesn't help Hundley perform up to his potential.

But maybe Hundley can't throw it down field well? And unfortunately, nobody is going to look good if our defense can't force a punt. My view is that our defense needs help and we need a change at QB.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
But maybe Hundley can't throw it down field well? And unfortunately, nobody is going to look good if our defense can't force a punt. My view is that our defense needs help and we need a change at QB.

A change at QB at this point won't do a whole lot, if anything. Who are you going to change Hundley with?

Our defense needs help, but that is long range and starts with the DC being changed IMO. Let a new DC take over now. Give him a half of a season to see what he has to work with and how players fit into his plans. At the end of the season give TT or whoever is the GM, a list of what he needs and who he no longer needs.

I think it's going to be a mistake to retain Capers the rest of the season, even if they fire him at the end. Use the next 8 games productively with a new DC figuring things out. This business as usual crap is irritating.

Mr Febreze will be back in 2018 to help cover up some of the **** smell of the current team, but it's time to start cleaning out the septic system and use the rest of the season productively.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate comments about the entire team sucking besides Rodgers, its the easy copout way to go about things. It supposes that Cobb, Jordy and others weren't open for big plays last night. They were. The Oline did offer enough protection to complete passes. There are other guys on this team besides Rodgers. I know they aren't winning, but when plays are there to be made and the ball doesn't get there, does it mean everyone sucks? Aaron makes plays others don't. that's what makes him great. But there were plays there last night that lots of QB's can make and they weren't. We lost because of it, but it doesn't mean the entire team stinks.

The defense makes me mad, they have talent and I thought with the change at QB, they'd change the defensive philosophy a bit. But it seems they're ok with giving up yards in the hopes that turnovers or mistakes happen and then try and hold them to FG's. Which they do for the most part until the offense does nothing and the defense has been on the field drive after drive and they come undone, again. It's old, but this team has players. They aren't winning without Rodgers, but it's not just Rodgers. When people say that I assume they aren't really watching the game or they're just venting, but I think you're smarter than that. But not by much :)

I do think it's time for a change on the defensive side of the ball. Too many guys capable of making plays aren't being used to make them consistently. well they are, just not on 3rd down it seems. I swear we give up yards on 3rd down on at least a 4-1 ratio compared to the other downs combined.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate comments about the entire team sucking besides Rodgers, its the easy copout way to go about things. It supposes that Cobb, Jordy and others weren't open for big plays last night. They were. The Oline did offer enough protection to complete passes. There are other guys on this team besides Rodgers. I know they aren't winning, but when plays are there to be made and the ball doesn't get there, does it mean everyone sucks? Aaron makes plays others don't. that's what makes him great. But there were plays there last night that lots of QB's can make and they weren't. We lost because of it, but it doesn't mean the entire team stinks.

The defense makes me mad, they have talent and I thought with the change at QB, they'd change the defensive philosophy a bit. But it seems they're ok with giving up yards in the hopes that turnovers or mistakes happen and then try and hold them to FG's. Which they do for the most part until the offense does nothing and the defense has been on the field drive after drive and they come undone, again. It's old, but this team has players. They aren't winning without Rodgers, but it's not just Rodgers. When people say that I assume they aren't really watching the game or they're just venting, but I think you're smarter than that. But not by much :)

I do think it's time for a change on the defensive side of the ball. Too many guys capable of making plays aren't being used to make them consistently. well they are, just not on 3rd down it seems. I swear we give up yards on 3rd down on at least a 4-1 ratio compared to the other downs combined.

Best comment so far. He's right, it's not just the QB our defense is being exposed right now. I think the defense is lacking a pass rush, their not getting to the QB on blitzes. They're terrible at putting pressure on QB. They made Detroit's O-line look like Pro-Bowlers last night. Without AR, that is not going to equal wins. DC may need to go. And Hundley looked panicked with 4-5 second pockets, hell, they showed replays of it last night.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I hate comments about the entire team sucking besides Rodgers, its the easy copout way to go about things.

While I agree with you, that there is some talent on the team besides Rodgers, there is not enough to even be an average team right now. After watching this "Rogerless" offense the past month, it is hard to deny that Rodgers was the key piece of it and not just a small key a huge one. But I think most of us already knew and feared this.

It's also hard to deny that it was AR and pretty much AR alone, that has consistently bailed out a bad defense.

Will this change over the next 8 games? Nobody knows, but last night wasn't a move in the right direction.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I was going to highlight the number of times that "team" was used, but it's probably easier to just say, yes, the team sucked. There are certainly talented individuals on it, but AS A TEAM, the people wearing the uniforms and headsets sucked. When a GOAT goes down, things have to change, and they didn't. Adjusting to the new guy's abilities, playing harder/smarter, that sort of thing.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I agree with you, that there is some talent on the team besides Rodgers, there is not enough to even be an average team right now. After watching this "Rodgersless" offense the past month, it is hard to deny that Rodgers was the key piece of it and not just a small key a huge one. But I think most of us already knew and feared this.

It's also hard to deny that it was AR and pretty much AR alone, that has consistently bailed out a bad defense.

Will this change over the next 8 games? Nobody knows, but last night wasn't a move in the right direction.

It is like the Raiders in January. All season their offense was one of the best in the NFL with an elite offensive line, two Pro Bowl WRs, and by far the best QB under age 30. Their RBs were not shabby, although they benefited from getting big gaps up front. In December, everyone thought if anyone can beat the Patriots, it is Oakland. That was before Derek Carr yelled, "It's broke!" five times, referring to his right fibula. Oakland was not the same team without him, looking very pedestrian during their last two games despite having a lot of talent and 10 healthy starters on offense. Right now, Green Bay is in the same boat. We need Aaron Rodgers to properly use the talent that is put on the field.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't think it is a surprise to many die hard Packer fans that there would be a dropoff in the offense after AR got injured. But I think many of us hoped that the drop off wouldn't be so substantial, that it would keep us from being competitive, a realistic expectation with someone like Hudley coming in, many of us thought.

Last night I got a text from my Brother who lives in Michigan and isn't much of a Packer fan. He hadn't seen the Packers play since AR went down. His text was basically "WTF Bro, you guys look pathetic, is Rodgers THAT important to the Packers?"

Yes, he is.

Staff online

Latest posts