Next up LIONS! Here kitty kitty.

Reaction score
Again. Let’s give this young QB the benefit of the doubt, He’s literally had 1 NFL start.
Admittedly he underperformed in that game but it wasn’t a blowout. We were a couple of successful drives away from being very much in it.
I suppose though when we are accustomed to watching a hall of fame QB perform, our expectations for his replacement are a bit out of sorts so that’s reasonable.
Regardless of where Hundleys career ends up I just think some fans are too premature in their condemnation and often too impatient in letting things unfold.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For some odd reason, I expect the defense to have a great game. Offense won’t set the world on fire,but I think Hundley throws for over 200 yds and rushes for almost 100. We win 24-13

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game will set the tone for the rest of the season. A week off, 3 weeks at home, and basically a 3rd full game of Hundley at QB. There are no excuses for this team to look lost, coaching or playing wise.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
About that crisp defense where everyone knows his alignment and the call, hopefully the return of Morgan solves that issue.

It shouldn't depend on Morgan playing or not. Most of these guys have been playing together in this system for several seasons. Capers is in his 9th year, and here we are mid season of another year and these guys are having trouble communicating , blowing assignments, and knowing where to line up?
Pathetic and indefensible. Time for change, and I don't mean promote from within with Moss or Whitt. They've been here a while,too, so I see them as past of the problem, not the solution.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
It shouldn't depend on Morgan playing or not. Most of these guys have been playing together in this system for several seasons. Capers is in his 9th year, and here we are mid season of another year and these guys are having trouble communicating , blowing assignments, and knowing where to line up?
Pathetic and indefensible. Time for change, and I don't mean promote from within with Moss or Whitt. They've been here a while,too, so I see them as past of the problem, not the solution.
Morgan Burnett wears the headset, calls the plays for the defense and gives the checks. In his absence , Dix was doing it. Obviously too big a job for him. AJ Hawk did a good job at this which is why he had a job longer than he should have.

Reaction score
Any way you slice it. Morgan is a seasoned veteran and a staple in this Defense and gives us a little bit of confidence we’ve been lacking.
We need our Defense to improve this week and Morgan is an important piece of that success.
Itll also be nice to see Vince or Montravious get some much needed work tonight.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again. Let’s give this young QB the benefit of the doubt, He’s literally had 1 NFL start.
Admittedly he underperformed in that game but it wasn’t a blowout. We were a couple of successful drives away from being very much in it.
I suppose though when we are accustomed to watching a hall of fame QB perform, our expectations for his replacement are a bit out of sorts so that’s reasonable.
Regardless of where Hundleys career ends up I just think some fans are too premature in their condemnation and often too impatient in letting things unfold.

I was thinking the other day, that if Hundley had started in September I don't think as many people would be so disappointed. We would have had a few games to get an idea of what he can really do and he would had time to build rapport with the offense. Having to come in cold like he has had to, is does cause some concern. We were just getting over the loss of Rodgers and we had higher expectations of Hundley.

I'm willing to see what he does tonight and then form an opinion. If he looks scared like he did the last 2 games then I won't be too hopeful. But if he comes out looking comfortable and on the same page with his receivers then I will be hopeful that the season can be saved.

But it is not just Hundley. I was excited about the defense in the Seattle game. They were hitting hard and tackling well and I thought, 'Maybe'. Then except for a few turnovers, I haven't see much. Every time I turn around someone is hurt and out of the game.

I love Daniels attitude. I wish it would rub off on the rest of the defense.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we will see a new wrinkle in the defense tonight like a couple years ago when we came off the bye when Clay was moved to ILB. And as I posted earlier the game plan will be built more around Hundley and we may see some hybrid read option plays.

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score
Jones has a national coming out party. 140 yds 2 TDs.

A bold prediction indeed. The only two backs who have gone over 100 yds against the Lions are Davonta Freeman and Mark Ingram. Ingram is the only one to score multiple TDs. The Lions D is allowing 91.6 rushing yards per game right now, and have only given up 6 rushing TDs in 7 games.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I'm pretty excited for this game having absolutely no idea what to expect in terms of the product on the field. I will say this, if the offense, after 2 weeks of preparation, resembles what it did against the Saints, the season is over. If it looks like they really got on the same page and can do some things on offense (which I believe Hundley can) then there is hope going forward. If there has ever been a must-win game, especially looking at the schedule, this is it. Make or break time for the entire team.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Is it just me or has this been the quietest 2 weeks in this forum, that there ever was (during the regular season)?

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here are my thoughts about the Lions game:

1. This is really Brett Hundley's first chance to show what he can do with the offense. He did not have all five OL against the Vikings or Saints. Coming off a bye week, he should have more success tonight than he did against a pair of playoff caliber defenses. Communication issues should be frustrating every time and should not happen. However, I will give him a little slack if the problem involves teammates were missed or were limited in practice the last 2-3 weeks.

2. This is a must-win game for playoff purposes, but a loss is not a death sentence. I will keep holding out hope - remember, this is only Week 9 - if we show signs of life against the kittens.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A bold prediction indeed. The only two backs who have gone over 100 yds against the Lions are Davonta Freeman and Mark Ingram. Ingram is the only one to score multiple TDs. The Lions D is allowing 91.6 rushing yards per game right now, and have only given up 6 rushing TDs in 7 games.
Oh. Crap. Nevermind.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
btw what happened to Captain Wimm?... did he bail out?
No posts since Oct 22nd. I'm kind of worried. He averages 14 posts per day usually. Hope he is on vacation and not in a coma or something.

TT is doing a great job.

That's for you Wimm. In case you are in a coma, that should snap you out of it.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking at the division standings to see how pivotal this game is right now, we are 4-3 and the Lions are 3-4 and each team has one NFCN win, so with a loss we would be tied for second overall at 4-4, but actually in third when you count playoff tiebreakers. FWIW the Packers and Lions have mirror home/away records.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
btw what happened to Captain Wimm?... did he bail out?

No posts since Oct 22nd. I'm kind of worried. He averages 14 posts per day usually. Hope he is on vacation and not in a coma or something.

TT is doing a great job.

That's for you Wimm. In case you are in a coma, that should snap you out of it.

He is hiding out in Green Bay incognito, until the Packers are ready to announce their new virtually unknown (except to us) GM. ;)

Members online

Latest posts