Newsflash: Packers to survive without Walker

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pro Football Weekly - The Best Coverage in the NFL

July 21, 2005

Packers to Walker: No deal

ProFootballWeekly.com asks associate editor Jeff Reynolds for his thoughts on the hottest topics in the NFL.

Packers

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Over 3 seasons the Pack has paid Walker $6 million.
What's wrong with $6 million?

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree Vix. If I hear the "only 515K" argument one more time I'm going to :puke:

I say trade him.

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trading him is the same as reworking his contract. The only important thing here for Rosenhog is that Walker get a new contract, so that 'hog can collect his percentage. I say that unless Walker agrees to play under the terms of his contract, let him sit, wish him well in his new career. If he comes back and displays a McKenzie-like effort, then put him on the taxi squad for the next 2 years. Make it clear that professionals are supposed to act like professionals.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a comparison article to an Eagles Player pullin the same stunt... surprise.....

LINK - http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3790028

It's a MUST-READ and something to consider.... I gotta say this - I think if I had my choice between Walker and this guy (?) - Well, let's just say Brett's Fantasy Team would probably include both, but I'd take the more athletic guy... and let Walker sit for the Season. I would keep him around for one year and then fire his butt, but I'd let him join up for just this year... I'm bettin' we'd be in the SB without fail....

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The message needs to be sent....let him sit....and lose a year towards his ultimate goal....free agency! Gotta play 6 games for a vested season....otherwise, it is lost.

classicpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't be surprised if you see Walker pull a MacKenzie and report to the Packers in time for the first game. Probably will come down with a mysterious injury too. I just hope that if that time comes that they pull a Tampa Bay on him.....suspend him and get him out of the locker room.

Hopefully, that time will not come though.

OP
OP
JBlood

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that he may well pull a McKenzie and be "hurt" until traded. Apparently, once these guys smell the money, they start acting like Red McCombs. Pathetic.

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's say, on the high side, a Hummer costs $125,000.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Come on. Six million divided by 3 years equals $2M and $2M divided by $125,000 means 16 new Hummers a year. That's more than 2 new Hummers per month.

Does JWalk really need 16 Hummers per year to prove he's in the top 5 in the NFL?

I spose.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

vixtalkn.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rearranging the letters of 'Agent Drew Rosenhaus' gives:

'Now shreds guarantee'

I knew there had to be a subliminal message in there somewhere ;)

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do not trade Walker under any circumstance. If you trade him you will lay the ground for this to happen year in and year out. That was the mistake Sherman made. He should have suspended McKenzie last year and let him rot, for what we got in return in the trade we'd have been better off sending the message that when you're under contract you play to the contract. I'd rather have Walker rot on the sideline than to trade him.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packedhouse01 said:
Do not trade Walker under any circumstance. If you trade him you will lay the ground for this to happen year in and year out. That was the mistake Sherman made. He should have suspended McKenzie last year and let him rot, for what we got in return in the trade we'd have been better off sending the message that when you're under contract you play to the contract. I'd rather have Walker rot on the sideline than to trade him.

I agree 100%. Do not trade him or give in. The Packers hold all the cards here and they need to let everyone who is interested in listening know it. I hope Walker has fun wasting two years of his prime for a holdout that he shouldn't be in OTHERWISE I hope he comes to his senses and gets a SB ring.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts