Newbie here

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Messages
3,143
Reaction score
1
Location
Ashland, WI
:D Hello All. My name is PackerChick. I come from a small town in Northwest Wisconsin. I used to be on the News Chronicle message board, but it is no longer accessible. I wonder what is going on. I hope to feel like a member of the family none the less. I just got a little black and white kitty cat named Tux. Got him two weeks ago. I work at a local hospital as a public relations assistant. I also have a Brett Favre picture in my little office where I work. I also like to go to garage sales. I got a new Packers cap recently at one of them. What happened to the news chronicle forums anyhow? I felt like family on there. Please welcome me to the family. Are there any other News Chronicle users on here as well? Glad 2 see you then.
 

Ryan

Cheesehead
Joined
Dec 3, 2004
Messages
3,371
Reaction score
1
Location
Omaha, NE
Welcome PackerChick, we are sure glad to have you on the site!! I guess the NC is closing down. From my understanding the entire NC is closing down, not just it's forum.

At any rate hope you enjoy the site!
 

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Joined
Dec 15, 2004
Messages
729
Reaction score
0
Welcome aboard PackerChick. Ryan does a good job here. I'll miss the Chronicle too, but not the JimmyJambos. :mrgreen:
 

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 4, 2005
Messages
3,143
Reaction score
1
Location
Ashland, WI
Is this forum good enough for you Arizona? Sounds good enough to me. I will miss the Chronicle Board too. :comp:
I like the emotions here too. 8)
 

Ryan

Cheesehead
Joined
Dec 3, 2004
Messages
3,371
Reaction score
1
Location
Omaha, NE
Hey are pretty flexible here PackerChick. You mentioned the emoiticons, those were sent to me over the last year from different users that wanted to them uploaded. I try and appease as many people as I can with site modifications. I am working on a new "lighter" colored theme right now. It is far from done, but you can see it's meak beginnings at http://new.packerforum.com.

Hope you like the place, I am glad to have you on the site!
 

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Joined
Dec 15, 2004
Messages
729
Reaction score
0
PackerChick said:
Is this forum good enough for you Arizona? Sounds good enough to me. I will miss the Chronicle Board too. :comp:
I like the emotions here too. 8)

I like this board a lot. It's well run, and has a lot of good features. We just need to keep adding to the family.
 

PWT36

Cheesehead
Joined
Apr 16, 2005
Messages
895
Reaction score
0
Location
De pere, Wi.
Packerchick-Welcome aboard- This PWT from DePere, I found this Packer Forum in April. I have been posting on two Green Bay newspapers Packer Forums (now one) and this one since April. The Gannett Newspaper Corp. bought The Green Bay News Chronicle a while back. NC has really never made any money. So Gannett eventually closed the News Chronicle, along with it's Packer Forum. Gannett also owns the Green Bay Press-Gazette, which by far has greater circulation then NC (over 60,000) The NC never had more than 20,000 and was slipping badly in the past few years. Two newspaper towns are a thing of the past, especially a city of Green Bay size (metro area of 230,000) That is the story of shut down of the NC. packer Forum. You will like Packer Forum.com. Looks like many former NC Packer forum posters are finding their way over here. I think it is a very good Packer Forum. Packerchick- I see your from North west Wisconsin, Are you anywhere near Webster/ Siren area? I have a nephew living there. Look forward to your postings on this Packer Forum.
 

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
0
Welcome PackerChick. Sounds like the NC was a good place. Their loss is the PCForums gain, I believe you will find a nice home here.
:welcome:


PS Welcome to Tux also.
 

PackerCoz

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 22, 2005
Messages
127
Reaction score
0
Location
Lambeau Southern Great Plains
PackerChick said:
:D Hello All. My name is PackerChick. I come from a small town in Northwest Wisconsin. I used to be on the News Chronicle message board, but it is no longer accessible. I wonder what is going on. I hope to feel like a member of the family none the less. I just got a little black and white kitty cat named Tux. Got him two weeks ago. I work at a local hospital as a public relations assistant. I also have a Brett Favre picture in my little office where I work. I also like to go to garage sales. I got a new Packers cap recently at one of them. What happened to the news chronicle forums anyhow? I felt like family on there. Please welcome me to the family. Are there any other News Chronicle users on here as well? Glad 2 see you then.
Hey PackerChick! My Dad lived some of his earlier years in the town of Minong. Is that anywhere close to you? No you don't have to reveal where you live to the Packer Forum... Just tryin' to see if we got somethin' in common, that's all...
 

PackerCoz

Cheesehead
Joined
Jun 22, 2005
Messages
127
Reaction score
0
Location
Lambeau Southern Great Plains
Ok PackerChick! I personally haven't been to Wisconsin (ever) but my Dad has told me stories about the days living in REAL cold. He used to have to walk about three miles to school each school day and had to take an extra pair of jeans to school, because his jeans would be so frozen, when he got to school, that he could stand them up in the corner!!! We're talking about single-digits with wind-chills of -30 to -40... I am sure you have experienced the same things on occassion.

Make it a great day! And thanx for the reply! :thumbsup:
 

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Joined
Mar 8, 2005
Messages
1,028
Reaction score
0
PackerCoz said:
Ok PackerChick! I personally haven't been to Wisconsin (ever) but my Dad has told me stories about the days living in REAL cold. He used to have to walk about three miles to school each school day and had to take an extra pair of jeans to school, because his jeans would be so frozen, when he got to school, that he could stand them up in the corner!!! We're talking about single-digits with wind-chills of -30 to -40... I am sure you have experienced the same things on occassion.

Make it a great day! And thanx for the reply! :thumbsup:


I'm confident she has experienced actual temperatures of -30 or colder and wind chills of -50 or -60 or more. Correct me if I'm wrong PC.

I know what you mean be wimps now. Four or five inches of snow-no school.
 

Members online

Top