Newb from Canada

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

I just want to give a shout out to all you Packer fans. Personally I have been a fan of the Pack for 14 years. As a Canadian, I grew up only watching CFL football (Winnipeg Blue Bombers fan) and was not much into the NFL as I didn't have cable television for most of my life so I never got to watch the games. I became a Packers' fan because an ex-girlfriend of mine was a huge NFL fan (49ers) and it was determined that I should also pick a team to cheer for. Well wouldn't you just know that the first NFL game that I watched in entirety had a young gunslinging quarterback throwing bullet passes in the middle of a snow storm? Being from Canada and playing the quarterback position all my life loving CFL greats like Warren Moon, Dieter Brock, Tom Clements and Doug Flutie seeing a young Brett Favre instantly made me a huge fan and thus a Packers' fan. I am really glad to have found this site and to celebrate what looks to be a great run for our team. Let's all hope that this 3-0 start is for real, and if this is the last run for Brett it is something that he can be proud of as there is nobody that I can think of who is better deserving of going out on a positive.

OP
OP
T

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
cheesey said:
...We can never have too many Packer fans in Canada! :D

Brilliant!

Excellent idea cheesey...ship all the Packer Fans to Canada! :rotflmao:

Can we not send the all the Viking fans to Canada?

I don't think many Canadians wear purple. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
cheesey said:

Brilliant!

Sorry, the vets at the border can't let that species across.
Welcome Kanata. Good to have another Winnipeger here.

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
vikesrule said:
cheesey said:

Brilliant!

if only the Vikes weren't called species damn

OP
OP
T

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
vikesrule said:
cheesey said:

Brilliant!

Thanks for the welcome.

I'm actually from Kanata (Ottawa, 'burb) I just grew up a Bombers' fan.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TheKanatathrilla: Welcome to the best Packer Forum around. look forward to your posts from up there in Canada.

Don't pay any attention to any of these Viking fans on this forum. They don't know very much about NFL football if they did they would be Packer fans. Their franchise hasn't done very much in NFL and only has been around since 1961, The Packers have been in the NFL since 1921.

Again welcome aboard packerforum. And come visit Green Bay in the future. I would suggest going to a Packer home game at Lambeau Field or come to GB in summer and join the many 1,000's of Packer fans who take in Packer training camp sessions in late July and August. Most Training camp practices are open to the public and they are free. And if you need Information about the Packers or the city of Green Bay. Please ask! I will reply. I welcome PM's (private messages) on packerforum.

PWT36 -Green Bay born and raised Packer fan of over 60 years and located in DePere, Wi. just five miles from Lambeau Field.

OP
OP
T

TheKanataThrilla

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TheKanatathrilla: Welcome to the best Packer Forum around. look forward to your posts from up there in Canada.

Don't pay any attention to any of these Viking fans on this forum. They don't know very much about NFL football if they did they would be Packer fans. Their franchise hasn't done very much in NFL and only has been around since 1961, The Packers have been in the NFL since 1921.

Again welcome aboard packerforum. And come visit Green Bay in the future. I would suggest going to a Packer home game at Lambeau Field or come to GB in summer and join the many 1,000's of Packer fans who take in Packer training camp sessions in late July and August. Most Training camp practices are open to the public and they are free. And if you need Information about the Packers or the city of Green Bay. Please ask! I will reply. I welcome PM's (private messages) on packerforum.

PWT36 -Green Bay born and raised Packer fan of over 60 years and located in DePere, Wi. just five miles from Lambeau Field.

Thanks for the welcome PWT36. It has been my long wish to make a trip to Green Bay and Lambeau. I have ventured the e-bay route looking for tickets, but if I do it I want to do it right. I hope the site organizers don't get upset but the packerfanstour.com site has some really great packages for us fans trying to take in the experience. It is pretty expensive, but then again anything of value often comes with a price.

Thanks again for the warm welcome everyone and let's hope we kick some Viqueen butt this afternoon.

Members online

Latest posts