New Member From Canada.

dapado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello Pack! I've been a Packer fan as long as I can remember (...and that's a lot of years).
I think I picked Green Bay because the city, state and most important the fans reminded me of my Saskatchewan roots and my CFL team the Saskatchewan Roughriders.
Love both the NFL and CFL and hope to some day soon see a game in your great state.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Welcome!

The only knowledge I have of the "Roughriders" was a C0ndom brand by the same name. Some really fond memories! :coffee:

Cheers!

Attachments

• 7a3b82f2-ef98-42a4-9b93-b732c7e39fed__96271.1633609613.jpg
    7a3b82f2-ef98-42a4-9b93-b732c7e39fed__96271.1633609613.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 147

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hello Pack! I've been a Packer fan as long as I can remember (...and that's a lot of years).
I think I picked Green Bay because the city, state and most important the fans reminded me of my Saskatchewan roots and my CFL team the Saskatchewan Roughriders.
Love both the NFL and CFL and hope to some day soon see a game in your great state.
Being of French Canadian heritage, and having spent time in an area of Montana where we went up to Riders games in Regina back in the days of Ron Lancaster, I claim you as a brother by another Mother! ;)

Since I'm new here myself, it looks like a great place to stake down a tent.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being of French Canadian heritage, and having spent time in an area of Montana where we went up to Riders games in Regina back in the days of Ron Lancaster, I claim you as a brother by another Mother! ;)

Isn't your image of a French Canadian militiaman on snowshoes?

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes it is. In my fantasy, he's traveling with Samuel de Champlain, as he "discovers" Green Bay. It's my fantasy, and I'm sticking to it! ;)

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes it is. In my fantasy, he's traveling with Samuel de Champlain, as he "discovers" Green Bay. It's my fantasy, and I'm sticking to it! ;)
Nice! Your name fits well with the image. I studied history in grad school and took a few classes that covered various parts of Canadian history, including the French Canadian voyageurs. I remember seeing that image somewhere.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice! Your name fits well with the image. I studied history in grad school and took a few classes that covered various parts of Canadian history, including the French Canadian voyageurs. I remember seeing that image somewhere.
I'm actually of French-Canadian descent, on one side of my family, and German/Danish on the other. My Dad, the Canuck, was born and raised in Menominee, Michigan. My Grandparents came from Hawkesbury, Ontario, Canada. I don't speak a lick of French, my Dad could as a second language, but have researched my family through Ancestry, and found that it goes all the way back to a French soldier who was involved in the Battle of Quebec, back in 1690, where the French colonials held off a major attack by New Englanders, which were supported by the British. He was mustered out of the military, and moved on, to stay in Canada to start his new life. From there... our family came into existence.

I love the history, so chose the name appropriately, considering Green Bay.

We went to the point of confirming the lineage through comparison of DNA comparisons with others who claim the same blood line.

I have one whole hell of a lot of distant cousins! The were an "energetic group" in the bedroom it appears! :)

OP
OP
dapado

dapado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah the Ron and George show were pretty good back in the day! The new Mosaic Stadium is amazing though I do miss the old Taylor Field...saw countless games there plus the Riders winning the Grey Cup there in 2013!!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Champlain does not appear in Wisconsin expeditionary history. As leader of the voyage, Jean Nicolet is given credit for being the first of European ancestry to be in Green Bay. He was financed by Champlain.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score

my very first girlfriend from menomonee falls, wisconsin ended up marrying a member of the canadian brass. can i be a distant cousin that nobody talks about?

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my very first girlfriend from menomonee falls, wisconsin ended up marrying a member of the canadian brass. can i be a distant cousin that nobody talks about?
It's possible. Were any of your ancestors hung as horse thieves?

Latest posts