*Never Miss A Super Bowl Club Visa commercial update*

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Super Bowl Frenzy:packers Backer Misses First Super Bowl Ever | Today's TMJ4 - Milwaukee, Wisconsin News, Weather, Sports, WTMJ | Local News

One guy is from Milwaukee area..

He is sick and will miss the game

This year they really started rolling. A Super Bowl that the Packers are in is really special for me," Cook said. But it looks like this year --- the year his beloved Packers are playing in Dallas ---

Bob Cook will be missing the Super Bowl for the first time ever.

Cook's daughters tell us... he is not well:

"My father was sick over the holidays and it caught up with him again. So he found himself in the hospital instead of on a plane to Dallas," said Patti Winter.

It is a cruel twist of fate for the man who ran a tour group to the first Super Bowl. For years, the NFL set aside tickets at face value for Cook and the three other men in his group.
But late last night, Cook decided he wouldn't be able to make it to the game, and asked his daughters to head to Dallas in his place.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This year they really started rolling. A Super Bowl that the Packers are in is really special for me," Cook said. But it looks like this year --- the year his beloved Packers are playing in Dallas ---

this part of the story didn't tip you off?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
egh, he has seen more than all of us put together on the forum. I feel bad for his health but not for missing the SB.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The man from Brown Deer (suburb) of Milwaukee has passed away

Cook never missed a Super Bowl until this one - JSOnline

A year ago Bob Cook guaranteed a Packers appearance in Texas for Super Bowl XLV, and he was right.
The rest of his prediction - that he would attend the game as he had every Super Bowl before - unfortunately did not come true.

Cook died Thursday after being hospitalized with a blood infection - an ailment that did not stop him from watching the Packers triumph on TV from a Milwaukee-area hospital.
"We were packed and ready to go," his wife, Sarah, said. "He was just too weak to go."

Cook, of Brown Deer, was the former owner of Bob Cook's Vagabond Travel Service. He was 79.

You're probably familiar with Cook's story, which credit card giant Visa introduced to the world in a Super Bowl ad featuring Cook and the three other fans in the "Never Miss a Super Bowl Club."

When Cook made his guarantee to Journal Sentinel reporter Tom Silverstein last February, he was described as one of four fans and two journalists who had been to all the Super Bowls.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was 80, had done something pretty awesome with his life, had friends and family around him that loved him and got to watch the Packers win Super Bowl XLV...

Not sure what more you could ask for honestly?

I'd be okay going under those circumstances.

RIP

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Member of “Never missed a Super Bowl” club passes away

One of the four men featured in the “Never missed a Super Bowl” club featured by Visa in an ad campaign before the big game has passed away at the age of 79. Bob Cook was a Packers fan that was unable to attend this year because he was feeling too sick. “Why football?” Cook…
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts