1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

Nate Allen

Discussion in '2010 Draft Archive' started by AlDay31, Feb 7, 2010.

1. AlDay31

AlDay31 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I unfortunately didn't find a proper video of his senior season.
    DraftCountdown:
    Would imo be a really nice pick-up in the 2nd round, especially if we somehow get two 2nd round picks. He is kind of overlooked and was rocksolid in Mobile but nobody jumped on his bandwaggon yet, which is not to bad at all.
    And for all those, who say we are set at FS, I found a really nice article in the blogosphere concerning our safety-situation and Nate Allen, who should make Nick Collins and our secondary better by any means:
    Here is the whole article.

2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    I think C.D. was wide right in this one.

Name ONE big play Collins allowed THIS YEAR. Last year, he allowed tons. Not this year.

3. AlDay31

AlDay31 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    But wouldn't you think he is a better fit at SS, just based on the way he plays? And a guy, besides Charles "MVP" Woodson, who can read the offense wouldn't be to bad either, and should fix parts of our secondary problems. But maybe you're right, and this is not a "2nd-round need" and we should go for Myron Rolle, who has some similarities to Allen, in the third.

4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Sorry, I'm not talking about Allen per say, but more about Nick Collins... I don't think Collins is a hitter, so I don't envision him at the SS. And Charles Woodson should be allowed to roam, but he shouldn't be a S. He played some games mainly as a Safety in 2008 and was so-so; more importantly, we missed him at CB.

I think Woodson should be allowed, like he did this year when Harris was in, to roam as S, as blitzer, as shutdown corner...
    -
    As far as the need, we need a SS, not a FS. We need backup at FS and SS, but wouldn't want to waste a 2nd rounder for a backup...
    -
    And regardig Nate Allen, I don't remember him playing, so I can't really say much.