Napoleon Harris Speaks Out.

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was surfing through our NFC North rivals ESPN message boards just to do a little spying (not trolling, I didn't write any messages) and I came across this message on the Vikes board:

" Attended fan fest in rochester on friday, and Napolean Harris was asked what his goal for this year is ....."To make sure Brett Farve retires" also asked how he felt about being traded for randy moss, he wondered how randy moss felt being traded for napolean harris....he won my heart!!"

This guy has a lot of Balls? Not that Sherman would even approve of preventative measures, but does this make Harris a marked man in our eyes?

I guess its improper for our team even to think that way, but when someone makes a "head hunting" comment, he should be the one to watch his back.

vikefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could be taken out of context...might have meant int's, coming up to stop the run, anything to discourage him from coming back. From the post, it doesn't say anything about hurting the guy.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikefan said:
Could be taken out of context...might have meant int's, coming up to stop the run, anything to discourage him from coming back. From the post, it doesn't say anything about hurting the guy.
Um..I would hate to tell you but from the past Viqueen teams I think that we did not take it out of context. I think this guy is going head hunting. Because the Viqueens don't seem to like Favre too much;)

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Talk is cheap. But GB should pay attention is case he tries to back it up with a cheap shot. The most likey scenerio is Favre will dump a couple of passes in his area for long gains while he's thinking about getting to Brett. Maybe he still thinks he is playing college ball and he can intimidate somebody. Usually in the pros when you try to intimidate someone they step across the line and knock your block off. Perhaps that is why he has not done much so far.

Didn't Ray Lewis spout off before playing the Packers and Brett picked apart their defense? I thought he said something to the effect of "Brett has never seen a defense like theirs". Or am I thinking of someone else?

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I agree no one can knock out The IRON man. So come on you idiots from the Vikes come and try to knock out Brett, but you will soon find out like Hovan that it will not work.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harris is looking to score points with the Vikings fans. He's talking like a big shot because that's what they want to hear. The truth of the matter is, our offensive line will do a good job protecting Brett or they won't be playing long. Harris is a pretty good linebacker, not a great one. He doesn't really concern me.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Napoleon Harris comes in the same mold as Chris Hovan. This is really hilarious! Instead of proving your worth on the field as a football player, just pick out someone who has done just about everything there is to do in the NFL and link yourself to him somehow.

Hovan talked about Favre all the time and my favorite response was when Favre claimed he didn't really know who he was. Napoleon Harris should try to make a few more plays before talking like he's some Ray Lewis.

God that's funny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bah...

Harris was on the field when Favre destroyed the Raiders a couple years ago. football players are supposed to be cocky, regardless of the skill level. the knock on Harris is his inconsistency. he shows flashes of brilliance and flashes of mediocrity. he could play great against the Pack...depending on which Napolean shows up.

by the way, i don't think he has any intention of head hunting an NFL living legend. he's just talking trash. thats what football players do guys.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember Chris Hovan? Oh, ya, he doesn't play in Minnesota anymore. Talk is cheap.

Harris was expendable by the Raiders because he was on the cusp of being termed a "bust". He certainly didn't live up to his hype or dollars in Oakland..

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry Arrow, can't agree with you on football players are supposed to be cocky, regardless of skill level. Playing in the NFL shouldn't give you a free pass to act like you're the man. Remember all these players are surrounded by other NFL players, some which are absolute studs. It's different when the surrounding competition level isn't up to snuf probably like when Napoleon Harris was in High School, but now that he's surrounded by other top-notch football players, he would be best served to make a name for himself with his actions, not his mouth.

I hope Favre torches that defense!

OP
OP
R

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride,

What can you tell us about N. Harris? Does he normally have a big mouth? Is he truly any good?

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's too bad Harris didn't learn to act with a little more class from ex-Raider Tim Brown who just retired. I seen a piece on Brown on the NFL channel last night, and he's really a class act. Did lots of charity work, worked hard, didn't miss many practices, didn't hold out during his career, and always honored his contract.

It's too bad more guys couldn't learn some lessons from a guy like Brown, including Javon Walker and a bunch of other recievers in the league like T.O., Keyshawn, etc...

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to our paper yesterday, Rosen. said that people can't understand why these players who are making big bucks hold out for more money. His comment was that they might be injured or their contract not renewed; so they have to make the money when they can. Gee, you can get injured on other jobs too, but you don't hold out for more money because of that.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Iagree ND there is no place in PROFESSIONAL ball for trash talking publicly,taunts, pre planned celebrations,etc. The NFL does pretty well keeping a handle on those things, at least they try. The players should be mature enough to show some class and professionalism. Like it or not there are a tremendous number of kids watching and the player should also accept responsibility for setting a good example.

Members online

Latest posts