Name that QB

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

According to the Packers web site:

• You must be logged in to see this image or video!
    All-Time Green Bay Numbers 1925-2009
    (last updated 01/04/10)

Number:

Players Who Have Worn Jersey #4
    Player Year(s)

*Lewellen, Verne (B), Nebraska 1925-26
    *Schneidman, Herm (B), Iowa 1935-37
    Fusina, Chuck (QB), Penn State 1986
    Dawson, Dale (K), Eastern Kentucky 1988
    Favre, Brett (QB), Southern Mississippi 1992-2007

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Tell us the tale of how little raptor became an evil Vikings fan please

You know it's the offseason when I'm curious about this
Back in the mid 60's when I was in elementary school, I had a stuttering problem. Which the other kids teased me about quite a bit. No one in my family really watched football. Dad watched all the Polka shows Sunday morning and by noon the TV was usually off. For some reason on this Sunday the TV was left on and the Packer-Vikings game came on. My parents had bought a new TV, and it was a color TV. (Kids these days don't know how easy they have it.) Anyway, the Vikings were in Green Bay and I watched the game. The Vikings won. I am pretty sure it was the Nov. 6 1966 game with Tarkenton and Starr at QB. I used to think it was the game the following year but after talking with my mom I was in third grade so that would make it 66.

The next day when I went to school all the kids were upset because the Packers lost. So I started to tease them about the Packers losing. Hey what did I know about football, but I do know it pissed them off. My little way of getting back at them.

That one week of messing with them changed everything. They started to stop teasing me about stuttering, and I continued to mess with them about the game. So it all started with me annoying Packer fans. And besides, I was really into the color purple at the time. And the idea of "Vikings" and their long boats was really cool in my 8 year old eyes. Ever since then, just about everyone of my relatives have tried to convert me to being a Packer fan. Now, had the Vikings moved out of MN, I would have.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Good story! Truly.

At least you're not one of those guys who is a fan of whomever the Packers are playing on any given week. There a number of agitators here like that. One guy (whose wife gave me a Heimlich when I choked on a steak sandwich) is that way ... claims he's a Seahawks fan but didn't even know they were going to the Super Bowl until Wednesday. Kinda telling...haha...I think he only says that because I tell him I felt his wife's breasts on my back and she kept squeezing long after the steak dislodged. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts