Nall and Henderson to visit Vikings...

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not one to panic easily, but between Pickett returning to St. Louis and restarting negotiations. Free Agents turning down Ted Thompson's invitations for visits, and now the Vikings flying Henderson and Nall in for talks I am reminded of a famous Lombardi quote,

What the Hell is going on out there?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
give it time. its not even day 3 of free agency yet...yet we signed a safety and a DT (reportedly)

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
give it time. its not even day 3 of free agency yet...yet we signed a safety and a DT (reportedly)

We signed a 2nd string safety that cannot cover ( 0 interceptions and 5 passes defended in his career), but he tackles well, as long as the guy is in front of him. We have not signed a DT. When you say reportedly - by whom?

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does TT want Favre gone??? WE HAVE 30 MILLION FING DOLLARS.

Look at other teams with less money or = money signing like crazy. Is TT out of his mind??

And what happened to loyality, Sharper, Longwell, now Nall ( I can understand him wanting a chance to start), and Hendreson. Why aren't we bringing him back....???

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan Pickett

I think it was that packers.scout which is on the main page...ive heard it elsewhere, but thats the place that sticks out.

the consensus on Manuel is that he is better than Roman(I know, its not saying much). I just like that he is a hard worker, and can tackle. But yes, lets judge him harshly before we see him play one snap. I'm with you.

But i would like to say (trying to keep this on topic) that if we lose Henderson, I will not be happy AT ALL! I will call Ted up and give him a good talking to if he doesn't get Willie back. But unfortunately...if Henderson is talking to the Vikings, hes probably going to get paid 9 million a year, and a 14 million dollar signing bonus. :(

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like Nall better than A-rod. but i still hope neither ever see the light of day at starting QB in Green Bay.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does TT want Favre gone??? WE HAVE 30 MILLION FING DOLLARS.

Looks like that has been the plan all along.

Breaking up one of the best O-lines last year.

No help this year to improve the O-line.

No help in the receiver corps.

Favre's favorite safety valve being let go.

No interest in signing his veteran center.

Hey but we signed a Seattle back-up safety who only got to play because the starter got into a fight and was seriously hurt. That will make Brett think about coming back.

TT's plan to make this HIS TEAM will be complete when Brett announces his retirement, then watch him spend that 30 million!!!!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this whole thing is beginning to look like a cat & mouse game & i don't like it - i don't like it one bit!! :wall:

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hear you brothers & sisters! Please tell me we are not going to see pictures like this with the uniforms switched...

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I don't think I could stomach seeing that name in purple pulverizing a Green and Gold tackler.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seeing Willie in Queen colors would make me physically sick. Why in the hell are we dragging our feet on this one. Henderson is obviously still a very good FB. Does Teddy smalls not see that? I dont understand what Nall is doing. He is not gonna get a starting job anywhere. And his best chance at a starting job is in GB. If Favre retires Nall will at least have a chance at competing for the starting job.

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's quite possible TT doesn't know jack about what he's doing. For starters ...

1. He's 4-12.
2. He responded to 4-12 by effectively firing our entire coaching staff and replaced it with no-names.
3. Last year he dismantled the O-Line and never replaced it.
4. He's making it abundantly clear that he does not want Brett Favre to be the Packers posterchild.
5. He let one of the NFL's elite kickers go for no apparent reason.

I know he's supposed to be a football genius, and perhaps all of these moves make sense in his Einstein mind, but, well, I just don't know.

OP
OP
B

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Schmitty said:
Seeing Willie in Queen colors would make me physically sick. Why in the hell are we dragging our feet on this one. Henderson is obviously still a very good FB. Does Teddy smalls not see that? I dont understand what Nall is doing. He is not gonna get a starting job anywhere. And his best chance at a starting job is in GB. If Favre retires Nall will at least have a chance at competing for the starting job.

Childress is a WCO man. Nall knows the West Coast offense as good as any Veteran QB on the market. I think he has a realistic chance of beating out old man Johnson in this offense if he signs with the Vikings.

Understand, I am not hoping for this, rather commenting on it from Nall's agent's perspective

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With Cullpepper all but gone, Brad Johnson is the starter, he is older then Brett, so Null could become the starter in Minny faster then in Green Bay.

What is scary is if Brett retires and Null leaves that leaves us with just Aaron Rogers at QB.

I can see TT using the 1st rnd pick to draft another QB. Leaving Mario Williams or AJ Hawk for someone else.

Hello Jay Cutler, at least he has been compared to Brett in playing style.

Sounds crazy I know, but one thing I have learned in watching the draft is that teams like to put out a lot of false info. on who they are going to draft.

Schmitty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nall couldnt even beat out a rookie last year for the #2 spot in GB. I think it is a very long shot that he will be a starter anywhere. Dont get me wrong, I like Nall and would love to see him get a shot, but I doubt it will happen.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to see these guys considering the Vikings, and they already got Longwell. But it does cheer me up a little remembering all the hype about the Vikings a year ago and how the season actually turned out for them.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I hate to see these guys considering the Vikings, and they already got Longwell. But it does cheer me up a little remembering all the hype about the Vikings a year ago and how the season actually turned out for them.

Yes fellow Yooper.
That was last year- the future is ahead of us.

Reaction score
It isn't so much that Nall couldn't beat out Rodgers, its more of the fact that Rodgers price tag didn't justify him being a #3 QB.

And I am really not liking this. Henderson still has something left, and I hope he comes back! Come on TT, were all rooting for you here, but you gotta give us a decent FA signing soon...

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
whatever minnesota, just spend spend spend, underachieve, and end up like the Titans by 2008, having to release everyone that matters because you're too far in debt

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I'm going to leave the GB Packers, I would not be heading to Minn. I just can't see playing for the competition. Granted the Bears are our longest rivalary, but the Vikes are most heated/hated. I just don't get it. You must really have a ******* to get back at the Pack if you make this move.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nall had Rodgers beat hands down! Where do you get that B.S.? The only reason Rodgers was placed second in the pecking order was to inflate his value. Whether T.T. is a genius is not a question. He ain't. I think he was sent to GB to dismantle any attempt at another Super Bowl for GB in the foreseeable future. OH! And I do believe he's succeeding.
To be perfectly honest I have yet to see any move on his part that has the capability of improving the team.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I havent seen any incredible moves either on TT's part in make the Packers a super bowl contender..maybe in ten years or so..he needs to start paying some bucks and get some great players in here..

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts