My Picks for coaching staff

yourout

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Special teams has had no Idea for the last 5 years........we need a coach.

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Singletary is supposed to be a really popular and rapidly rising coach, but like miskito said, not quite a HC yet. A coordinator might be a good move.

As for coaches...I don't know a ton about the guy, but apparently some teams are trying to pry Edwards from the Jets...I've always been impressed with his leadership, class, and motivation, and wouldn't mind seeing him in GB if it were realisitcally possible.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Miskito said:
I don't think Mooch nor Singletary are looking for anything less than a HC position.
I like Singletary but I don't think he has proven himself as a coach in the NFL to be considered HC.
I would believe in him as DC and maybe Bates as HC would also.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
How about Linehan from Miami....?

Seems to have the Dolphins moving in the right direction...

Was pretty good with the Vikes too...

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'd like to see gary kubiak as the next packer head coach. he has been the o coordinator for denver and has had great success.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JBshell,
That scenario would be great and I for one don't think Mooch or Singletary will be head coaches next year. Mooch would be smart to consider it as in the event Bates backfires he could step up, and, if it doesn't backfire and the Pack does well his stock as a HC would rise as well. Both he and Singletary would benefit greatly if they came on board and helped turn things around.
There are a lot of HC jobs out there, however, so it will be interesting to see what happens. Interestingly enough, it could be that Sherman get's one of the HC jobs that leaves these guys looking for a stint as an assistant. Now that's irony.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
HC: Bates or Mangini/Rivera

All others really do not matter right now.

Bates as our next HC.

Norm Chow from USC as our next OC.

One of Bates' current defensive assistants as DC.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even though it will never happen, I'd love to see:

HC - Bates
OC - Martz (doesn't want to be an OC, though, and should get an offer for HC with all of the openings right now. Just a shame that the guy doesn't realize he's HC material, even though he makes a fantastic OC)
DC - one of Bates' asst's from Miami or Singletary or Lewis
ST - Chuck Cecil! :p

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'd like to see Jeff Fisher here..

but I doubt Tenessee would ever let him go....

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
in a perfect world...

HC-Jim Bates
OC-Cam Cameron (San Diego)
DC-Jim Haslett

however, I think with all the vacancies, someone will scoop up Haslett for a head coach position

I'm going with...
HC-Brad Childress
OC-Cam Cameron
DC-Jim Bates

I think that Jim Bates would've pursued a head coaching position before signing here, I'm not sure if the man desires to be a head coach, you rarely ever heard his name while being in miami or GB

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
I'd prefer to see a Defensive minded coach as the HC.

I would want an offensive minded HC if Bates remains the Packer DC. If Bates is promoted to HC, then I think the Packers would be wise to bring a very strong OC.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of interesting candidates here. I like Bates too, but I think he's a longshot because of his age and the fact that he was brought in by Sherman. The Packers do have Bates under contract for a couple more years, though, so the new coach can retain him if he wants to.

Bobby: Norm Chow is OC for the Tennessee Titans right now. He left USC a year ago. So unless Fisher gets fired, he won't be available.

Somebody needs to clue me in on why Herman Edwards is so popular. His teams haven't had much success, and I thought Edwards made some choke-worthy decisions in the playoffs last year, which almost cost him a win in San Diego (Schottenheimer out-choked him) and probably DID cost him a win in Pittsburgh.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Holy Sh*t! Could you imagine someone like Chuck Cecil roaming the sidelines as a coach of the Packers??? ST would make a play and he'd headbutt some SOB and knock the player out cold. Blood would trickle down his forehead and nose and he'd go into a 'roid rage! It would make for great television!!!

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Bobby...Norm Chow is the OC of the Titans, I believe.

You are correct, my bad. But Cameron is the OC for San Diego and many posters are picking him as our next OC, so why not pick Chow?

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
i'd like to see gary kubiak as the next packer head coach. he has been the o coordinator for denver and has had great success.

I would like to see Kubiak as the OC, Singletary as DC, and Bates as HC.

Members online

Latest posts