My Mock Draft Courtesy of PFF

GreenReign

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I think Vera-Tucker would be an absolute steal at 29, I was torn between him or Zaven Collins, but settled on Vera-Tucker because I consider OL a bigger need, Melifonwu in round 2 would also be good value. Tutu Atwell, in the 3rd, Hubbard in the 4th, and Pooka in the 6th were also absolute steals. I also think Adebo has potential to develop into a solid starter for us. My main focus was to try to add athleticism and high upside players to both offense and defense.

Last edited:

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
If the Packers walk away night 1 with AVT, I do not even care how days 2-3 shake out, they have already won the draft. He would give the Packers the flexibility to push Jenkins to C or RG and make the loss of Linsley more seamless. Ifeatru Melifornwu and Paulson Adebo would be complimentary DBs. Again, I only think 3 CBs in the draft provide an immediate upgrade to King, but these are the two guys I like most in the next tier. Pooka Williams and Chubba Hubbard are fun names to say, but rather medoicre guys to watch on tape. I think the Packers will come out of day 2 or even early day 3, with a solid RB2 that will progress into something special as the season progresses. They will also have a solidified WR4, but I hope that guy is not Tutu Atwell. I think he is rather overvalued in even the 4th round, let alone the 3rd. He has no history of return ability outside of a muffed punt. I will happily take his former teammate Javian Hawkins as a featured back though. Darius Stills is also a great value pick. Overall, real nice mock, with a few changes I would make, like it overall!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, like AVT and Adobe. Don't care for Afeatu or tutu. Gotta think there were better options there.

OP
OP
G

GreenReign

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, like AVT and Adobe. Don't care for Afeatu or tutu. Gotta think there were better options there.

Atwell is extremely fast and versatile, and has the ability to play the slot, which is just what this offense needs. I've seen some mocks with him in the early 2nd. Melifonwu is uber athletic and is 6'-2" and runs a sub 4.45. He reminds me of Rogers-Cromartie, or Greedy Williams on tape. Probably will never be a true shutdown type, but he has playmaker ability, and can match up well with bigger WR's. He was also the 3rd best player left on the board ranked 55th on PFF rankings. Saying that, I should have selected an edge and/or LB at some point. Especially considering Preston Smith is all but gone, and Gary has not dealt with a full work load yet, so we will still need that 3rd guy in the rotation, as well as depth at ILB behind Barnes and Martin.

D

Deleted member 6794

Especially considering Preston Smith is all but gone, and Gary has not dealt with a full work load yet, so we will still need that 3rd guy in the rotation, as well as depth at ILB behind Barnes and Martin.

As mentioned in another thread, I don't believe it's a sure thing the Packers will move on from Preston. If they do Gutekunst needs to spend an early rounder on an edge rusher.

OP
OP
G

GreenReign

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As mentioned in another thread, I don't believe it's a sure thing the Packers will move on from Preston. If they do Gutekunst needs to spend an early rounder on an edge rusher.

We have to cut him. Otherwise we would not be able to sign/resign anyone. At the very least cut his salary in half.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tutu makes sense if both slot YAC Moores are gone and Toney. Tutu is the next best deadly weapon fitting that role.

I will be absolutely shocked if Adebo falls that far, I believe we have a better chance that AVT makes it to us than Adebo falls that far...but I see AVT as literally one of only 3 OL deserving of a top 10 pick.

OP
OP
G

GreenReign

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tutu makes sense if both slot YAC Moores are gone and Toney. Tutu is the next best deadly weapon fitting that role.

I will be absolutely shocked if Adebo falls that far, I believe we have a better chance that AVT makes it to us than Adebo falls that far...but I see AVT as literally one of only 3 OL deserving of a top 10 pick.

Yeah I'm not sure of PFF has updated their player rankings. He was ranked like 27th OVR...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Its likely they may truly have him there..who knows. Honestly they still see him as a 1st round grade and every year top shelf guys are found end of 1st. Happens. Him and Zaven both there would be tough, I haven't felt as good about a guy at ILB in a while but I do about Zaven and Parsons honestly...but Parsons appears to be a POS human so he's off my list.

D

Deleted member 6794

We have to cut him. Otherwise we would not be able to sign/resign anyone. At the very least cut his salary in half.

The Packers can make other moves than releasing Preston to get under the cap and still make moves in free agency.

Members online

Latest posts