My Magnificent Mock

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All right.

I was both too lazy to finish the mock and write it out on here. I don’t do trades, but I do excellence.

As I type this, I see that I can’t just import a photo from my phone (or I’m too dumb to figure it out), and I’m not gonna put it on tinyurl or whatever so I guess I do have to write it out. I’m already sick of this.

1) Tyson Campbell- CB - Georgia

2) Elijah Moore - WR - USC

3) Quincy Roche - Edge - Miami

4) Walker Little - OT - Stanford

4) Thomas Graham Jr - CB - Oregon

5) Jermar Jefferson - RB - OSU

6) Tyree Gillespie - S - MSU

This DL class sucks btw. And I love Thomas Graham.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Walker Little was gonna be a 1st round grade or close had he played 2020. Dude is gonna be a steal as is suspect he goes 3rd or 4th

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kind of regret not taking Quinn Meinerz.

Mienerz is special and to me his range of draft spot is HUGE. Some say he dominated folks like he was an early Day 2 guy at the senior bowl...others still argue he is bottom of draft type...

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All right.

I was both too lazy to finish the mock and write it out on here. I don’t do trades, but I do excellence.

As I type this, I see that I can’t just import a photo from my phone (or I’m too dumb to figure it out), and I’m not gonna put it on tinyurl or whatever so I guess I do have to write it out. I’m already sick of this.

1) Tyson Campbell- CB - Georgia

2) Elijah Moore - WR - USC

3) Quincy Roche - Edge - Miami

4) Walker Little - OT - Stanford

4) Thomas Graham Jr - CB - Oregon

5) Jermar Jefferson - RB - OSU

6) Tyree Gillespie - S - MSU

This DL class sucks btw. And I love Thomas Graham.
I think Campbell is the most likely pick at this point. And it will be a very good pick. High ceiling and floor is a reliably good coverage guy. Will start as a rookie and do okay.

Too soon for Moore. Like the player but he can be had later. You could swap with Little in the 4th.

Quincy Rouche. Would likely stay away from him because with his name he will show up to minicamp with a top hat and monocle. But otherwise a good pick.

Graham, not sure he is ready and may have to be patient. Good potential.

Get another WR name at #2 and this is a good draft.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Campbell is the most likely pick at this point. And it will be a very good pick. High ceiling and floor is a reliably good coverage guy. Will start as a rookie and do okay.

Too soon for Moore. Like the player but he can be had later. You could swap with Little in the 4th.

Quincy Rouche. Would likely stay away from him because with his name he will show up to minicamp with a top hat and monocle. But otherwise a good pick.

Elijah Moore is a 1st round level talent IMO. Toney is arguably the only short YAC style slot I want more than him. Gotta sadly disagree with you on that one.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Elijah Moore is a 1st round level talent IMO. Toney is arguably the only short YAC style slot I want more than him. Gotta sadly disagree with you on that one.
That is sad. :(

Oh, little is my 2nd fave pick behing Campbell. Like him for the attitude he brings. He has a unique physicality and could be something very special in the NFL. Just need him to but on a little bulk.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So here’s what I think.

Everywhere you agreed with me is absolutely brilliant thinking. You did great there.

Everywhere you disagreed though, shows me that you are a raving lunatic.

On a serious note, if Elijah Moore makes it to our pick in the 4th round, I’ll print this post and eat it.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Campbell -Definite reach in the 1st. 2nd Round would be fine though.

Moore - Moore is took short. Until Gute selects a WR under 5'11 they're off my draft boards entirely. I think he's also a late 3rd Round talent.

Roche - Until Preston Smith is off this roster I'd avoid any edge rushers prior to Day 3. As much as I'd hate to admit it....I also like what Jonathan Garvin could do in a Joe Barry system.

Little - I don't mind the risk with Little in the 4th Round but probably would prefer him in the 5th. He hasn't played since his knee injury in 2019 and he's not necessarily suited for the Packers outside-zone blocking scheme

Graham - Pass, King gets burnt from bad technique/fundamentals. Graham will get burned because he just doesn't have the juice.

Jefferson - That is a satisfactory selection good sir.

Gillespie - You'd take Gillespie over Bledsoe? WHY????

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Campbell -Definite reach in the 1st. 2nd Round would be fine though.

Moore - Moore is took short. Until Gute selects a WR under 5'11 they're off my draft boards entirely. I think he's also a late 3rd Round talent.

Roche - Until Preston Smith is off this roster I'd avoid any edge rushers prior to Day 3. As much as I'd hate to admit it....I also like what Jonathan Garvin could do in a Joe Barry system.

Little - I don't mind the risk with Little in the 4th Round but probably would prefer him in the 5th. He hasn't played since his knee injury in 2019 and he's not necessarily suited for the Packers outside-zone blocking scheme

Graham - Pass, King gets burnt from bad technique/fundamentals. Graham will get burned because he just doesn't have the juice.

Jefferson - That is a satisfactory selection good sir.

Gillespie - You'd take Gillespie over Bledsoe? WHY????

Moore is good. He isn’t too short. Campbell is also good. He won’t be there when we pick in the 2nd. There’s only so many guys that get graded as a first rounder.

Roche, again, is good. He is an Edge that has a lot of skills that we don’t have on the roster. Preston Smith is gone. We don’t have the money. Read the tea leaves.

Little is good. Seeing a theme? I hope so.

Graham doesn’t have great speed. He does have very good instincts, creates a lot of plays, and tackles well. He’s an ideal slot CB. It’s a position we’re lacking in.

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt Bledsoe makes it to the end of the 6th for that to be a question honestly...perhaps that was his logic?

I wouldn’t waste my breath arguing about day 3 picks and where they’re going to go. It’s a crap shoot. Gillespie had a pretty good senior bowl and covered Kyle Pitts as well as anybody. Good enough for me. I’m sure there are others just as good or better.

Some people (not you) forget there’s more than one good player at each position.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mienerz is special and to me his range of draft spot is HUGE. Some say he dominated folks like he was an early Day 2 guy at the senior bowl...others still argue he is bottom of draft type...

At some point he's a must take I'd say 4th round. Seems like a plug and play starter.at any iol spot which is not exactly what Packers need. But close enough

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At some point he's a must take I'd say 4th round. Seems like a plug and play starter.at any iol spot which is not exactly what Packers need. But close enough

They’re losing Linsley. Lucas Patrick is very replaceable. It’s a need.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moore is good. He isn’t too short. Campbell is also good. He won’t be there when we pick in the 2nd. There’s only so many guys that get graded as a first rounder.

Roche, again, is good. He is an Edge that has a lot of skills that we don’t have on the roster. Preston Smith is gone. We don’t have the money. Read the tea leaves.

Little is good. Seeing a theme? I hope so.

Graham doesn’t have great speed. He does have very good instincts, creates a lot of plays, and tackles well. He’s an ideal slot CB. It’s a position we’re lacking in.

I only have 3 CBs with 1st Round Grades: Farley, Surtain, and Samuel Jr. I'm EXPECTING Horn to get overdrafted in the 1st but even still, you expect all 4 of those to be drafted before 29th Overall with possibly 3-4 QBs and 7-8 OTs going in the 1st Round. I think we have slightly better odds.

Moore at 5'9 I believe is too short for Gute to select.

In 2 weeks we'll know if Preston Smith is still on the roster, but as of today, edge is not a need.

I didn't say Little isn't good. He's probably a 2nd Rounder if it wasn't for his knee and covid. I'm assuming you're grading Little as a plug-n-play starter, for a guy who hasn't played in 2 years I'd rather hedge my bets on a guy with more recent tape.

Graham doesn't have great speed or athleticism, and you want him in the slot against some of the twitchier athletes in a system that should incorporate more press man? If that's your philosophy, sure....

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fwiw, I wouldn’t mind taking Samuel over Campbell either. Both are good prospects that I think will be capable starters in the NFL.

Moore might be shorter than they like, but I don’t think they’re adverse to it. While they haven’t drafted any, they have signed some that size (Tavon Austin).

You don’t need to be an elite athlete to play the slot. Look around the league. Quicker than fast, which Graham is on tape. He’s a better athlete than Chandon Sullivan who was adequate at the position. Coming out of HS Graham ran a laser 4.52 40. 36” vertical. 3.96 short shuttle. He ran a 10.8 100 m dash in HS. He’s not the athlete Tyson Campbell is (few are), but he’s athlete enough.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I respect your logic with the Tavon Austin signing. But that begs another question....who would you (or Gute) rather have? Austin or Moore?

Keep in mind a 2nd Rounder is going to cost us $3M roughly per year. Austin was only $1M. Austin has already been with the team and shown what he can do. Why not just keep Austin for cheap, and then spend that 2nd Rounder on a more premium position like CB or DL?

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I respect your logic with the Tavon Austin signing. But that begs another question....who would you (or Gute) rather have? Austin or Moore?

Keep in mind a 2nd Rounder is going to cost us $3M roughly per year. Austin was only $1M. Austin has already been with the team and shown what he can do. Why not just keep Austin for cheap, and then spend that 2nd Rounder on a more premium position like CB or DL?

Is this a real question? Austin sucked.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based on?

He played in only 4 games and thus a total of 3% of all offensive snaps. If you said something to the effect of "not enough sample size to retain him" I could see you making a point there. But $3M for a position group that did alright for what it's worth I'd rather that money go to a position group that needs it more.

As much as I'd like a WR to add to the group and maybe create some competition, I can't see it being Moore or 2nd Round selection in general. Now if Moore falls to like 5th Round? I'm all ears.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly I believe Gute will like in 2020 try to move to grab a WR he likes at some point. He wants one, but refuses to overpay to grab one or we'd have Aiyuk I believe or Pittman

OP
OP
G

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Based on?

He played in only 4 games and thus a total of 3% of all offensive snaps. If you said something to the effect of "not enough sample size to retain him" I could see you making a point there. But $3M for a position group that did alright for what it's worth I'd rather that money go to a position group that needs it more.

As much as I'd like a WR to add to the group and maybe create some competition, I can't see it being Moore or 2nd Round selection in general. Now if Moore falls to like 5th Round? I'm all ears.

Uhhh...based on my eyes? If he was good, he would’ve played more. Pretty simple.

Moore could fill that role plus a lot more. He’s a legitimate downfield player. He plays like a juiced up Cobb.

Members online

Latest posts