My latest mock

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I do mine through fanspeak, difficult setting, Ross Uglam's list, User voted team needs, and official draft order and here's what I came up with. Also I will give info on the players I've seen and or know things about.

Pick 29: Landon ****erson C Alabama

A guy who has made line calls in big game situations, IF we lose Linsley (Please god no) there wouldn't be a lot of drop off to plug this guy in at Center, and if it doesn't work we can plug Jenkins in.

Pick 62: Ar'Darius Washington S Washington

Pick 92: Dylan Moses LB Alabama

Saban coached, big game experience, wouldn't be shocked if he came in and started weak 1 with either of the young guys inside, and possibly with the dot.

Pick 135: Richard LeCounte III S Georgia

Admittedly this guy drops due to an off the field motorcycle accident, may have to work his way from the bench into sub packages year one.

Pick 142: Shaun Wade CB Ohio State

Why is this guy dropping? He was one of the best CB in the country. Did playing only 6 games his final year hurt him? Did weaknesses get exposed during the CFP?

Pick 174: Drake Jackson G Kentucky

Kentucky had one of the best O-Lines in the country this year, and this while losing their O-Line coach to cancer.

Pick 178: Hunter Long TE Boston College

Pick 215: Alaric Jackson OT Iowa

I saw this guy play this year, and one of the PT people where I was going over the holidays is an alum speaks well of this kid, and from what I saw, the talk is well deserved.

Pick 221: Tedarrell Slaton DL Florida

Pick 254: Michal Menet G Penn State

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shaun Wade is dropping because he played quite poorly in 2020. He definitely was not one of the best CB’s.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

A guy who has made line calls in big game situations, IF we lose Linsley (Please god no) there wouldn't be a lot of drop off to plug this guy in at Center, and if it doesn't work we can plug Jenkins in.

You've spoke very critical of guys with injuries and yet say we'll roll a 1st rounder on a guy that literally may be the most injury prone lineman drafted? I like Landon do not take this wrong, but his injury flag is massive and is why I kinda think Creed Humphrey may shock some folks to be the first pure center taken.

Kentucky had one of the best O-Lines in the country this year, and this while losing their O-Line coach to cancer.

Drake is a center and is actually one of my favorites to take Linsley's spot possibly end of Day2 and Day 3. Love him. Hunter is on my radar as well.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Shaun Wade is dropping because he played quite poorly in 2020. He definitely was not one of the best CB’s.

Dropping yes but the dude is still at worst the 3rd or 4th best pure slot corner in the draft. He won't last past pick 100 I'd place a serious bet on.

OP
OP
R

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This year the Center position is deep. Landon just happened to be at the top of the draft board at a need position when I drafted. I would be happy with Humphrey, the kid from Georgia, the guy from Texas Tech who is listed depending on the board as C or G.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, you are thinking outside the box, I will give you that.

I think ****erson might have gone in the 2nd or 3rd before he blew out his knee. I think 4th or 5rh at this point. Not sure I would take him at all. Too fragile. You are correct he is a good player, but he just can't stay on the field.

What's with all the safeties? Assume you are playing them as CB? Adarious is pretty small. Lecture looks to be an interesting player. Very tough and athletic.

Shaun Wade would be a great pick at that point. I would be happy with him with our 3rd round. I think he is one of those players who had a bad season because of a lack of practice and training. Otherwise he was a solid 2nd rounder end of 2019. Some improvements and he could have been a first. Typing this just gave me some concern. Maybe his play suffered because he wasn't motivated to stay in shape and study football. Maybe he won't work at his craft once he goes to the nfl. Lots of talent but worth the risk.

OP
OP
R

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AmishMafia,

As stated I draft on fanspeak, they give you a list of team needs. Their list says we need 2 safeties and 1 CB.

D

Deleted member 6794

As stated I draft on fanspeak, they give you a list of team needs. Their list says we need 2 safeties and 1 CB.

While the Packers might need to add depth at safety they don't need one (let alone two) as desperate as they need a cornerback.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Love the Dylan Moses, Drake Jackson, Lecounte and Hunter Long picks. Washington is a personal favorite of mine, but I would never want to take a guy like that in the second round. He is one of those guys with extreme upside, but also has the ability to flop. A 4th round steal without question, but in this mock I would use the second to get the BA CB. Great mock overall though. Love the focus on protecting Rodgers. I would assume you had a plan to hit the FA market for RBs. Which really is not a bad idea. Given the salary cap situation, most guys will not be offered the $$ they are used too. The first two position to experience that hit will be RB and S, so not a bad idea to get a James White/Marlon Mack type. I also would not completely rule out Williams or Jones here. The Packers could franchise tag Jones and trade him away for a 2nd-3rd rounder.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m pretty meh on Drake Jackson.

He doesn’t give you any positional flexibility, and I think he’s going to get overpowered.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m pretty meh on Drake Jackson.

He doesn’t give you any positional flexibility, and I think he’s going to get overpowered.

To be fair though, you draft a Center on Day 3 you're likely doing just that, drafting solely a center.

OP
OP
R

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they need to redo their needs chart. BTW, why only players from power 5 schools? 8/10 from SEC or B1G.

I don't listen to what scouts say. I draft based on who I've seen, or at the very least try to.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
R

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they need to redo their needs chart. BTW, why only players from power 5 schools? 8/10 from SEC or B1G.

This depends on a couple things. If Kyle Pitts or another down the seam tight end lands in Green Bay, then I don't think we need to do anything at WR. If that type of TE doesn't land in Green Bay then yes I think we need a wide receiver. Also I'm hoping Dexter Williams can figure it out and come out of the gates in training camp and take the roster spot that we lose when Jones leaves in FA so that we can plug holes instead of drafting another RB.

GreenReign

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I do mine through fanspeak, difficult setting, Ross Uglam's list, User voted team needs, and official draft order and here's what I came up with. Also I will give info on the players I've seen and or know things about.

Pick 62: Ar'Darius Washington S Washington

Pick 92: Dylan Moses LB Alabama

Saban coached, big game experience, wouldn't be shocked if he came in and started weak 1 with either of the young guys inside, and possibly with the dot.

Pick 135: Richard LeCounte III S Georgia

Admittedly this guy drops due to an off the field motorcycle accident, may have to work his way from the bench into sub packages year one.

Pick 142: Shaun Wade CB Ohio State

Why is this guy dropping? He was one of the best CB in the country. Did playing only 6 games his final year hurt him? Did weaknesses get exposed during the CFP?

Pick 215: Alaric Jackson OT Iowa

I saw this guy play this year, and one of the PT people where I was going over the holidays is an alum speaks well of this kid, and from what I saw, the talk is well deserved.

Pick 221: Tedarrell Slaton DL Florida

Pick 254: Michal Menet G Penn State

If we take Washington over a guy like Cisco, I'd be mildly depressed. I'm extremely high on Cisco, and believe him to have All Pro type potential. He is only slipping due to a freak pre game ACL injury early in the season otherwise he'd be a top 15 pick.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we take Washington over a guy like Cisco, I'd be mildly depressed. I'm extremely high on Cisco, and believe him to have All Pro type potential. He is only slipping due to a freak pre game ACL injury early in the season otherwise he'd be a top 15 pick.

I'd disagree with the injury took him that far back. He overplays often and for every big play he makes, and he for sure makes some, he makes a handful of misreads or big plays.

Dude is a ball hawk for sure and I'm not opposed to him if he is there in the 4th but wed be dumb to pick him as he is a deep safety type not a split up in slot or in coverage ever and we need an outside and a slot corner not a safety.

He is good for sure, but top 15 pick id argue hard against that.

D

Deleted member 6794

Also I'm hoping Dexter Williams can figure it out and come out of the gates in training camp and take the roster spot that we lose when Jones leaves in FA so that we can plug holes instead of drafting another RB.

I'm afraid you will get disappointed by Dexter.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm afraid you will get disappointed by Dexter.

He still has some connections to Notre Dame/South Bend and what I hear is he is just enjoying his time like a college frat kid and studying the playbook hasn't been priority.

Kid has chops but I think he'd have already shown a stick ability by now....he his chance this year tho for sure.

Patrick Taylor if fully healthy is a guy that could surprise folks as well.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AmishMafia,

Oh.

I like our starting safeties as well as our depth and don't think we have a need.

This depends on a couple things. If Kyle Pitts or another down the seam tight end lands in Green Bay, then I don't think we need to do anything at WR. If that type of TE doesn't land in Green Bay then yes I think we need a wide receiver. Also I'm hoping Dexter Williams can figure it out and come out of the gates in training camp and take the roster spot that we lose when Jones leaves in FA so that we can plug holes instead of drafting another RB.
Would love Pitts. But I think he is going top 7. As a matter of fact, I would be only slightly surprised if he went before any WR. I never give TEs much chance to make impacts as a rookie, but I think Pitts will.

Members online

Latest posts