My latest mock

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What depth do you like at safety?
Raven Greene mostly. Will Redmond seems to be liked well, but would be nice to upgrade. We also have Vernon Scott who was a 7th rounder last year. Far from a proven quantity, but interesting. Could we use another prospect, yes. Absolutely. But a high need for 2? No way. We need an upgrade for a starting CB, WR, OT, and ILB. Could use another CB, TE, OT and OG/OC.

Maybe our need for one safety for depth is after the 2nd CB but ahead of TE. But 2?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Raven Greene mostly. Will Redmond seems to be liked well, but would be nice to upgrade. We also have Vernon Scott who was a 7th rounder last year. Far from a proven quantity, but interesting. Could we use another prospect, yes. Absolutely. But a high need for 2? No way. We need an upgrade for a starting CB, WR, OT, and ILB. Could use another CB, TE, OT and OG/OC.

Maybe our need for one safety for depth is after the 2nd CB but ahead of TE. But 2?

Greene is an RFA. I'll be interested to see if they tender him.

But he and Scott, when they played, were more dime linebackers than true safeties. I don't think there's anyone currently on the roster who has been a true backup safety other than Redmond, who I also believe would need to be re-signed.

So I could see the need for a couple true safeties, however where they would need to prioritize them would depend on how they plan to use the position. If Savage and Amos are the starters, and nickel plans to feature three corners, then it shouldn't be a high priority.

But if they want to use a lot of three safety looks and/or use Savage in the slot a lot, then I could see a big role for a safety immediately.

For what it's worth, when Taylor Rapp was healthy last season, there were a number of games in which the Rams used 3 safeties for the entire game. Weeks 4, 6, 7, and 8 featured John Johnson, Jordan Fuller, and Taylor Rapp playing every single snap on defense.

Caya

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AmishMafia,

As stated I draft on fanspeak, they give you a list of team needs. Their list says we need 2 safeties and 1 CB.

We need some depth at safety, but fan speak can be a little bit off on me it’s sometimes

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fanspeak refreshes and updates teams needs as much as Myspace releases updates LOL

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah. I missed that.

Anyways, I wouldn’t count on Dexter for anything. He’s had ample opportunities to play, and never taken advantage of it.

I concur he has done nothing, but to be fair he's never been presented the opportunity which 2021 presents him - with Dillon the only sure thing, Dexter could be motivated for the potential payout becoming a dependable support back has in the NFL....I'm not saying to assume this, nor would I predict it if forced, but knowing what I know about Dexter the raw ability is there.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I concur he has done nothing, but to be fair he's never been presented the opportunity which 2021 presents him - with Dillon the only sure thing, Dexter could be motivated for the potential payout becoming a dependable support back has in the NFL....I'm not saying to assume this, nor would I predict it if forced, but knowing what I know about Dexter the raw ability is there.

1) He had opportunity where Jones and Williams were out, and didn’t get any play.

2) If his raw ability were so great, he would’ve been selected higher.

3) He has shown zero reason to count on him for anything.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't disagree, but that short window when both were out I wouldn't count entirely either way. If Dexter applied himself dude could be something is all I'm saying. I knew when we drafted him, it was likely to fizzle out as he is not one to study the playbook or look inward for motivation. I'm shocked he made it four years at Notre Dame from everything I've heard about it truly.

Members online

Latest posts