My 2nd post!

DiGringo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey word on the street is this is the place to introduce yourself! :rules2: Greetings fellow Packer Backers, I'm a 29 year old Green Bay Packer fan. Have been for over half my life now, and I absolutely love this team. I was born in NE, but raised in MN. Growing up, I've always hated the color purple. I went to my first crykings game at the metrodump way back when I was 5 or 6? I don't remember what age I was, but I would cheer on the other team, since the vikes always wore purple. My family didn't quite understand why I wasn't rooting for the team they brought me to see, but no way in HELL I'd root for a purple-clad bunch of panzies! :viksux: That lil story is kinda how I adopted the Packers as my favorite team. Living in MN, I have always tried to go against the grain and it seems people here always hated the Green Bay Packers. Once I got older and a better understanding of football, I became an ultimate fan! Love this team's history, and have shown my loyalty to them since.

My first Packers game at Lambeau field was in 2001, bought my tickets online ahead of time, and was counting down the days till kickoff. 9/24/01 Monday nighter Vs. the Redskins. This, of course was the year of 9/11. They handed out mini American flags to everyone, which I still have in my car to this day. With this being the first prime-time nationally televised sporting event since the attack, you could imagine what people were thinking. I'll never forget the HUGE American Flag that was spread out across the field, in the shape of America during the National Anthem sung by Martina McBride (i think it was her). It was a chilling sight to see. Then, Chris Gizzi running out onto the field with the American Flag waving, got the fans pumped up and ready for kickoff. Needless to say, the Packers DOMINATED the Redskins, 37-0. Shutout baby, couldn't have asked for a better first game to see. Sitting shoulder-to-shoulder with other fans, on the aluminum bleachers with numbers painted on them, made me realize what separated Lambeau Field from all the other stadiums. I've been to Green Bay on another occasion, after the renovation during the off-season, and it looks very nice. Spent a few hundred dollars at the Packers pro-shop even!

That's my story. I found this forum site through some facebook users, and lurked here for about a month or so, before I signed up. Favorite player that I've watched play would have to be Big Reggie White. Wonderful, classy guy, on and off the field. He's dearly missed by many fans already. I'll teach the younger generations of my family who he is, and how great of a person he truly was. Starting to like Clay Matthews as my current favorite player, but then again, who doesn't like this kid?! :muscle:

GreenGoldAngel

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Welcome. You have the gift of telling a great story. I really am sorry you are stuck in Minnesota....maybe you can work as an undercover agent?