MVS on Covid Reserve List

Status
Not open for further replies.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's also hilarious to me when people like Pokerbrat say things like "this has become a political line in the sand for a lot of people." As though he's just purely data driven and this isn't political for him and his ilk.

If one could die from irony, he'd be dead.
It does seem like there are different responses from Blue and Red states on protocols (for the most part) and that most people vociferously against masks and vaxx are the hard core Republicans. You don't think that?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
It does seem like there are different responses from Blue and Red states on protocols (for the most part) and that most people vociferously against masks and vaxx are the hard core Republicans. You don't think that?

Of course I do!

Like it as not, this issue has become politically charged and no one is immune. I do sincerely try to look critically at what is said by those one "my side" of the political aisle, and I certainly don't agree with every "Republican talking point" on Covid, but my priors doubtlessly impact where I land and how I interpret data.

The most anyone can do is to strive for objectively while understanding we all have our biases. It's just funny to me when someone as aggressively partisan as Pokerbrat criticizes those who disagree with him as being too political.

"Yeah, hi, Ma Kettle? This is Pa Kettle. Just calling to say 'you're black.'"

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Due to MVS's status, it would seem he still may be able to go Sunday if he tests negative twice in 24 hours no?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Due to MVS's status, it would seem he still may be able to go Sunday if he tests negative twice in 24 hours no?
Probably. That sounds like the new rule. Thing is, the virus actually takes time to run through. It used to be 12 days. Has that changed?

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Of course there are and it hasn't changed much at all, thus the head in the sand.
Probably. That sounds like the new rule. Thing is, the virus actually takes time to run through. It used to be 12 days. Has that changed?
Not for the 5.37+ Million people that have died from it. Of course that is being blown out of proportion by liberals.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not sure about the details here… but if I’m interpreting these things correctly… since the NFL is no longer testing asymptomatic players that are vaccinated.… and I believe that it has been reported that MVS has been vaccinated… It is highly likely that he has symptoms… that being the case… I doubt he is ready by Saturday.

Reaction score
I think we’re fine without MVS this game. Yea he’s a deep threat, but we can handle this game without him and keep him healthy.
I’m kinda wanting to get a look at EQ, he needs some more first team work and I think he’s on the verge of jumping to another plateau if needed. Amari is another one that we need to get a better look at in the Offense. We showed last week that we possess enough mid level weapons to do some damage.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not for the 5.37+ Million people that have died from it. Of course that is being blown out of proportion by liberals.
I was wondering if the length of time that a person has covid and then recovers and no longer tests positive has changed.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not sure about the details here… but if I’m interpreting these things correctly… since the NFL is no longer testing asymptomatic players that are vaccinated.… and I believe that it has been reported that MVS has been vaccinated… It is highly likely that he has symptoms… that being the case… I doubt he is ready by Saturday.
Even if you no longer appear to have Sx; you don't need to be tested after they know you had the virus?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we’re fine without MVS this game. Yea he’s a deep threat, but we can handle this game without him and keep him healthy.
I’m kinda wanting to get a look at EQ, he needs some more first team work and I think he’s on the verge of jumping to another plateau if needed.
has he even cleared concussion protocol yet?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn’t follow that …
I would think that if during isolation; that you no longer have symptoms; you would still need to be tested. Just feeling better does not seem like enough at that point. And I thought the virus stayed in your system like 10 or 12 days.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw he practiced. Albeit limited (and for others poster, yes I’m fully aware “albeit” is not a designation!) :whistling:
Well according to Lefleur… this entire weeks practice was going to be simple run throughs within any hitting… so I’m not optimistic that EQ will be playing on Saturday… but I certainly have no real knowledge to back that up.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I would think that if during isolation; that you no longer have symptoms; you would still need to be tested. Just feeling better does not seem like enough at that point. And I thought the virus stayed in your system like 10 or 12 days.
I wouldn't look to the NFL for actual medical answers regarding Covid. They seem to be audibling out of the science of it and going to what works best for them.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That wasn’t really my point. I was only surmising that we can assume that MVS actually has symptoms due to the fact that he wouldn’t have been tested otherwise. That being the case… it is unlikely that he will be ready by Saturday.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
two negative PCR tests. one -PCR test with a CT of 35 or greater. two negative mesa tests.one -PCR result with a CT of 35 or greater. one negative PCR or produces a CT of 35 or greater with a -Mesa test. something like that

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Data seems to support your statement.

Given that Ohio is a "Red State", I was a bit surprised to see this article from a Cincinnati News source.

The good news for the Packers, their final 3 games are in Blue States. ;)

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I wouldn't look to the NFL for actual medical answers regarding Covid. They seem to be audibling out of the science of it and going to what works best for them.

This is true if we take "the science" to mean "the extreme, religiously motivated overreaction of the branch covidians."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts