MVP

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers is clearly the most valuable player in the NFL. This team is a joke without him.

No shade to Matty Ice or TB12 either, but Atlanta has a 2 headed beast at RB and the best WR in the NFL, and the Patriots are simply a well-oiled machine.

OP
OP
T

TornSolace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get that Ryan getting it isn't robbery but Rodgers has been consistent also I just feel he improved as the season went on

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan: 25
Brady: 10
Zeke: 6
Carr: 6
Rodgers: 2
Dak: 1

LOL

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The award is narrative driven. Had the Packers won and gone to the SB, the "run the table" Packers story would have stayed hot and Rodgers would have won it. It didn't play out that way. Obviously.

I think they ought to have an MOP award so that more non-QB's can be considered, but that probably wouldn't drive clicks.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The award is narrative driven. Had the Packers won and gone to the SB, the "run the table" Packers story would have stayed hot and Rodgers would have won it. It didn't play out that way. Obviously.

I think they ought to have an MOP award so that more non-QB's can be considered, but that probably wouldn't drive clicks.
The voting ends week 17 I believe

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get that Ryan getting it isn't robbery but Rodgers has been consistent also I just feel he improved as the season went on
Rodgers was not consistent this season. He had a stretch where he looked downright bad - missing open WRs and bad throws.

OP
OP
T

TornSolace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's a sham Rodgers only got two votes I still maintain he has been consistent all season but got better as the year went on I also believe if anybody should have won it over Rodgers it should have been Carr they could barely eek out a first down without him. And to have the most td passes and only get two votes tells me the voting has become a joke

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2...tt-ryan-beats-out-tom-brady-for-2016-nfl-mvp/

Aaron Rodgers should have a huge chip on his shoulders for the rest of his career. I for one am sick & tired of how the league and their talent evaluators downplay the the Green Bay Packers. Now, I normally wouldn't say anything, but if anyone here can justify this vote then please do. Rodgers lost his top TE early in the season, lost his 2 Top RBs and was actually the leading rusher for most of the season, adapted and had one of his better seasons.
Now if you want to say Matt Ryan did better with the full compliments of weapons available to him then that's your choice, or that Tom Brady was better on a team that almost went 4 - 0 without him in the beginning of the season then that again is your choice, or even that Ezekiel Elliott was better with of course their 3 All-Pro Offensive Lineman (just because their Cowboys) (GB -1 Pro Bowl OL) again that is your choice. In my opinion the league is full of a lot of over opinionated and foolish evaluators who can't see past the Star on the Cowboy's helmet (6 Offensive Starters in the Pro Bowl) - okay i know some players dropped out that added to that, but again give me a break - PLEASE.

Oh and as the title of this article says: this is just BS and I hope that Rodgers & GB takes it out on the league for the rest of his career & shut up these fools announcing games and making these picks:

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol whoever voted for anyone other than Rodgers or Ryan should be ashamed of themselves and have their vote privileges taken away. Rodgers with only 2 votes is plain stupid and proves to me that these guys aren't looking at anything contextually.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Lol whoever voted for anyone other than Rodgers or Ryan should be ashamed of themselves and have their vote privileges taken away. Rodgers with only 2 votes is plain stupid and proves to me that these guys aren't looking at anything contextually.

I kinda felt Rodgers was probably not going to win the MVP as he started the season out not that great. But to only get 2 votes is kinda sad really. But to get out beat by Tom Brady who dident play 4 games is madness.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
*sigh*

Matt Ryan has been consistent the entire season ...

Aaron Rodgers ... well not so much in the start ...

To say Rodgers "Got robbed" is laughable ... Seriously ??? Rodgers had a stretch early in the season were he really didn't Perform consistently, nor did he play "well" ...

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016/leaders.htm

Ryan pretty much leads all significant categories ... only trailing Rodgers by 2 TDs, Rodgers isn't even in top 3 in most categories ...

Last edited:

InFamous

Cheesehead
Reaction score
*sigh*

To say Rodgers "Got robbed" is laughable ... Seriously ??? Rodgers had a stretch early in the season were he really didn't Perform consistently, nor did he play "well" ...

Ryan pretty much leads all significant categories ... only trailing Rodgers by 2 TDs, Rodgers isn't even in top 3 in most categories ...

So it is all about the numbers? What's the difference between offensive player of the year and MVP then?

IMO context is at least as important as numbers to determine the MVP. And Rodgers did more with less. Switch the running game of the Falcons and Packers. Do you believe Ryan still has those gaudy numbers?!

And there isn't a team, well any but one team perhaps (I give you the Patriots), which wouldn't take Rodgers as QB in a heartbeat. Doesn't that mean he is the most valuable player?!

Furthermore it isn't a robbery that Ryan won the MVP, he did deserve it, and perhaps even more than anyone else. But Brady, one who benefitted of the cowboys oline and Carr getting more votes?! That's outrageous!

D

Deleted member 6794

Matt Ryan deserved to be named the league's MVP. I'm actually surprised Rodgers even received two votes.

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No player in the NFL is more valuable to his team than Rodgers. But that's not what the award is really about. They should just rename it the "Best Player Depending On The Sports Writers' Criteria This Year" Award. Kinda long but they should be able to fit it on the trophy.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
*sigh*

Rodgers had mediocre games vs minny week 2, giants week 5, Dallas week 6. Every other game was pretty on point to elite. Ryan has had mediocre games vs chargers week 7, philly week 10, and kc week 13. Ryan has not been immaculate all season like some like to claim, he's had duds just like Rodgers, only they weren't as scrutinized and magnified because they came later after some great play and Rodgers' duds were more in the beginning of the season with less overall games to judge off..So 3 bad games out of 6 looks worse than 3 bad games out of 13, but it evened out in the end. Plus Ryan has had the benefit of a beastly run game all season, Something Rodgers has lacked all season. I just don't like the false narrative being pushed that Rodgers was bad the first half and Ryan has been excellent all year when it isn't true. They've both been great all season with Rodgers turning it up to crazy levels later while carrying a far greater amount of the offensive burden, and then if you include Rodgers rush production, and the fact that Rodgers accounted for like 80 something percent of the packers tds compared to ryan not even accounting for half that percent and it's even more apparent that Rodgers at least had a good argument. No other player had an argument.
This is my opinion

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My voting would have gone Derek Carr, David Johnson, Matt Ryan Aaron Rodgers but I have a bit of a different take on the league MVP award. Since I have not been able to find out what the voters are specifically told to vote on I'll give you my reasoning. First of all there is no doubt that Rodgers is the Green Bay Packers MVP. Without him the team is in the dumps. The same can be said for many other players on their team throughout the league. That said this is the league MVP and that to me means which player has made the most positive impact on the league. What I mean by that is when talking about the league as a whole which player was generating the most buzz. IMO this season that was David Carr. Just like I thought it was JJ Watt the year Rodgers won it over him. These are players who people say "yeah but just look what this guy is doing" Everyone talks about Brady and Rodgers and OBJ and Bell and Julio all the time but this year IMO the player I heard the most "yabutts" about was Derek Carr.

I do think that in order to be the league MVP you probably have to be the MVP of your team as well so that eliminates Prescott and Elliot in my mind because it may be a toss up as to who was the MVP in Dallas (and many are going to say it was the O-line anyway) Ryan had the numbers but Altlanta just seemed to be under the radar for most of the year and even when people talked about them Julio or the RBs seemed to get as much mention as Ryan.

All that said I have no problem at all with Ryan winning it although it doesn't surprise me that so many Packer fans think it should have been a slam dunk in Rodgers' favor. The refs always suck when we lose as well. We are fans just like those of any other team.

Latest posts