Muhammad Wilkerson????

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Jets are a rebuilding team. He doesn't want to be there nor is he going to give a damn to put in effort on a team he doesn't want to be part of. They don't want that type of energy in the locker room around their younger guys. That doesn't take away from his talent, the impact he'd have on our defense, or the effort he'd put in on a winning team. Yeah he has character issues, but all it can take is a change of scenery for him, and he could turn those issues around. His impact and talent isn't something anyone can deny. Pairing him with Daniels and Clark gives us the potential to have a top 3 defensive line in the league.

Word. Plus if I was a Gute GM (pun intended), I would sign Mo Wilks, and consider going after Malcolm Butler, Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, and/or possibly Deshawn Shead, on team friendly 1 year deals of course. If Derwin James falls to 14th, the rest of the draft picks are pure icing, providing depth and insurance.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those are usually the offers we fans consider to be overpaying. and then we complain about that. It's either "He left without signing a deal? WTF we will never go anywhere with this cheap front office making the decisions" or it's "we gave him how much? WTF we will never go anywhere with this front office throwing around money like that" I know you can't please everyone but the funny thing is sometimes its the same fans with both attitudes.
i never complain about the money it takes to actually upgrade a position. looks like sherman signed with the first team he saw. heavy with incentives (which is the only way to do it with a guy coming off a major injury).

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i never complain about the money it takes to actually upgrade a position. looks like sherman signed with the first team he saw. heavy with incentives (which is the only way to do it with a guy coming off a major injury).

I think getting to play the Seahawks twice also factored into Sherman's decision. I think its why he went to San Fran 1st and I think its why he jumped at their very good offer.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think getting to play the Seahawks twice also factored into Sherman's decision. I think its why he went to San Fran 1st and I think its why he jumped at their very good offer.

I actually like Sherman, but not for how much the 49'ers are paying him.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gute probably let Mo Wilkerson leave GB without a serious offer because he wants to see what teams may offer. Had he thrown big money at Mo it may have been much too high and overpriced given his rather poor production the past two seasons. At a modest price, Mo would be a good addition, but Gute wont know what hes worth until other teams kick the tires on him.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Gute probably let Mo Wilkerson leave GB without a serious offer because he wants to see what teams may offer. Had he thrown big money at Mo it may have been much too high and overpriced given his rather poor production the past two seasons. At a modest price, Mo would be a good addition, but Gute wont know what hes worth until other teams kick the tires on him.

I have been curious about that part of free agency, knowing what other teams are offering. Do teams know the actual terms being offered by another team or is it just a blind poker game between the players agent and any team that comes to sit at the table?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been curious about that part of free agency, knowing what other teams are offering. Do teams know the actual terms being offered by another team or is it just a blind poker game between the players agent and any team that comes to sit at the table?
I don't think teams know what other teams offer other than what an agent might tell them. And that could be fluff, bluff or the real deal to squeeze more out. I remember reading in the past that agents said they liked dealing with GB because there weren't a lot of games.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Whenever a player signs with the first team they visit you have to wonder if its because they were offered more than they were expecting. I'm sure if the Packers were still interested in MW after the visit they made him an offer and its most likely an offer they had in mind before he even visited. Who knows if it was a serious offer or not? It may have been very serious and MW just wants to figure out if it is going to be the best one.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts