Muhammad Wilkerson????

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
oh right i was just saying because it didnt read that when i looked.

Just looked and I have a feeling that the Amish Mafia had something to do with it appearing and disappearing. I saw distinct traces of buggy prints on the site. :cautious:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just looked and I have a feeling that the Amish Mafia had something to do with it appearing and disappearing. I saw distinct traces of buggy prints on the site. :cautious:

Not me. Our Amish Hightech Crime Division is working hard at developing some cyber crime stuff to attack computers with.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Honestly, i don' think we are getting very close. :(

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Not me. Our Amish Hightech Crime Division is working hard at developing some cyber crime stuff to attack computers with.

Honestly, i don' think we are getting very close. :(

You aren't fooling me, I saw the latest Amish technology in satellite and communications, you all are spying on every barn in the world with this!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You aren't fooling me, I saw the latest Amish technology in satellite and communications, you all are spying on every barn in the world with this!

Yes, and we would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids! I mean hungry cattle. We would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for the hungry cattle eating the dish.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Incentives deemed as unlikely to be earned (based on the performance of a team or a player during the previous season) don't count against a team's cap.

Not in the current year but just to clarify if those incentives are met and the money is paid it goes against the following years cap. As you have said the Packers are better off in 2019 so it still might make sense but some people feel as though all you need to do is give players incentive laden contracts and everything is golden. Incentives need to be low enough for the player to think they could reach them or the bonus has to be high enough to make the reward worth it or the player is not going to sign. If the bonus is high enough the team must be careful or they may be on the hook for a large bonus next year. Lets say the Packers offer Wilkerson a contract that pays him 20 million if he is named the Superbowl MVP. Since he was not the SB MVP last year its an unlikely to be earned incentive and doesn't count against the 2018 cap. Now lets say the Packers beat the Patriots 10-9 in a defensive struggle that has Wilkerson getting 4 sacks 2 forced fumbles and a pick 6 on the last play of the game and he is named the MVP. Suddenly the Packers are on the hook for 20 million in 2019 that they were not expecting.

Now part of you is saying who care its worth it and it probably is but when players need to be cut to make up for it you might be singing a different tune.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
all the good stuff is happening here

Oh it's just heating up, we know who really runs the draft in Green Bay. Once in awhile they hit but they are also capable of a swing and Amish.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he's not even a big fish and he left without a deal. not a good sign.
He made clear he's not in the signing phase yet. He is meeting with a couple teams then making a decision. I don't read too much into the lack of a signature today. The fact we got the first meeting bodes well for us and I still feel good about landing him once this process plays out. Also, I'm not sure what your definition of big fish is but Mo is not some stiff. If he's motivated he could return to form and be one of the leagues more disruptive forces in the middle.

H

HardRightEdge

So are many College textbooks! What ya want? An article from March of 2018!
Forget about it (with a Classic NY accent) :roflmao:
I found one in about 2 minutes with a google search discussing 20 something incentive bonuses from last year, but I didn't read all of it so I didn't post it.

Vinatieri had a percent made on FGs incentive. He was undone by a blizzard in Buffalo that caused two misses. I thought that was interesting.

H

HardRightEdge

Thanks, Cap. One more; does guaranteed money count vs the cap- such as signing bonuses being prorated- or is that just between the team and player?
Every dollar of cash money paid to a player, by salary, bonus or incentive, guaranteed or not, counts against the cap sooner or later. Over the long haul, cash and cap are equal.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Jeeez....Wilkerson's Mom is getting involved now! LOL

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet
This is the surreal life: Mo Wilkerson’s mom is now calling in to @WFAN660 to yell at @MMehtaNYDN and his critiques of her son. #freeagentfrenzy

I guess she is mad that Manish said this:

Manish Mehta‏Verified account @MMehtaNYDN
Manish Mehta Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Wilkerson is getting some terrible advice. The last place he should be near given his issues with alcohol is Bourbon Street/French Quarter. Who is advising this guy?

H

HardRightEdge

Jeeez....Wilkerson's Mom is getting involved now! LOL

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet
This is the surreal life: Mo Wilkerson’s mom is now calling in to @WFAN660 to yell at @MMehtaNYDN and his critiques of her son. #freeagentfrenzy

I guess she is mad that Manish said this:

Manish Mehta‏Verified account @MMehtaNYDN
Manish Mehta Retweeted Ian Rapoport

Wilkerson is getting some terrible advice. The last place he should be near given his issues with alcohol is Bourbon Street/French Quarter. Who is advising this guy?
Remember Greg Jennings' sister?

During the Combine coverage one of the commentators mentioned that one of the prospects is having his mom act as his agent. It kinda makes sense; why pay some guy 10% when there's so little wiggle room in the rookie salary scale. It would be more prudent long term, however, to establish an agent relationship. And if "Ballers" somewhat reflects reality, which it probably does for some players, agents can provide some value added services. ;) Maybe helicopter football moms is a new trend?

H

HardRightEdge

the only way letting him go without an agreement is a positive is if this medium fish was asking for big fish money.
You guys don't get he'll sell to the highest bidder and he won't know who that is until he makes the rounds? Maybe it's the highest "contending" bidder, but the highest among options nonetheless.

We kick his tires, he kicks ours, and I hope to h*ll we are not the winning bidder.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys don't get he'll sell to the highest bidder and he won't know who that is until he makes the rounds? Maybe it's the highest "contending" bidder, but the highest among options nonetheless.

We kick his tires, he kicks ours, and I hope to h*ll we are not the winning bidder.
plenty of guys sign with the first team they visit...given an offer they can't refuse. he must not have gotten it.

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

plenty of guys sign with the first team they visit...given an offer they can't refuse. he must not have gotten it.
Agents have a good idea what a player can get. The only guys who might sign on a first visit are the guys who have only one expression of serious interest or the offer is so generous as to be above what the agent was targeting.

You don't even know how many teams a guy is visiting or has visited. For example, Thompson signing Peppers was out of the blue. Nobody leaked that the Packers were talking to him. But who else did he visit that wasn't leaked? You can ask that question of any other player.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Those are usually the offers we fans consider to be overpaying. and then we complain about that. It's either "He left without signing a deal? WTF we will never go anywhere with this cheap front office making the decisions" or it's "we gave him how much? WTF we will never go anywhere with this front office throwing around money like that" I know you can't please everyone but the funny thing is sometimes its the same fans with both attitudes.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Those are usually the offers we fans consider to be overpaying. and then we complain about that. It's either "He left without signing a deal? WTF we will never go anywhere with this cheap front office making the decisions" or it's "we gave him how much? WTF we will never go anywhere with this front office throwing around money like that" I know you can't please everyone but the funny thing is sometimes its the same fans with both attitudes.

Some fans just cant be pleased.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts