Move CB up draft board

Status
Not open for further replies.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So this automatically means he never wanted or wasn't interested in coming to GB?? I mean you said it yourself..TT doesn't get into bidding wars right?

I didnt say he wasnt.. I asked if you know he did. You sure like to twist statements...

I said Ted doesnt get into bidding wars? Care to show me? I have said he has a price for each player and wont go above it.

I may have said he wont do a biding war, but that doesnt sound like something I would say

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Like I said...you always leave out stuff when call yourself trying to quote me.

ok---then show me the quote if I am leaving something out---instead of just stating I left something out, show us...

1st was me saying Ted doesnt do bidding wars...Still waiting for you to prove I said it..other wise dont say I claim I said it..

You said not a playoff team....In prev post of this thread you stated " If they kept playing the way they played after some early loses yes, yes I did."

But that is factually wrong, as you stated it 1st game of the year...

https://www.packerforum.com/threads/shout-box-archive-thread.34827/page-76

Sep 4, 2014 at 7:58 PM - rodell330: Man take off the blinders..packers are not a playoff team int eyes

Sep 4, 2014 at 7:58 PM - longtimefan: ok rodell

so for now, you have two things factually wrong....You wanted examples from Thx, but I provided them

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Can somebody please explain to me why Eric Rowe wouldn't be a great first round pick for the Packers? I see the guy ranked as like the 8th-10th best corner and yet he's the best athlete at the position in the entire draft and he's been great at both safety and corner for Utah. Why the love for Jalen Collins who is about the same size as Rowe (slightly smaller actually), has less experience, is slower (slightly) and less nimble (Collins ran the shuttle in 4.27 while Rowe ran it in 3.97)?

Rowe projects as a free safety in the NFL who lacks deep speed and is limited as a man-cover corner. His best fit is to play in a Tampa-2 defense. There´s no reason to pick him in the first round as he´ll probably be available in the third or even fourth round.

BTW I don´t put too much stock into combine numbers but Byron Jones (although not running the 40 yards dash) is by far the best athlete at the position and probably the entire draft.

OP
OP
S

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If he's the 8th-10th best corner, there's no reason to pick him so high when he could be taken later.

I think you missed my point....WHY is he only the 8th-10th best corner? From playing experience, performance on the field and athleticism, he should be a first round guy. So why isn't he?

OP
OP
S

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rowe projects as a free safety in the NFL who lacks deep speed and is limited as a man-cover corner. His best fit is to play in a Tampa-2 defense. There´s no reason to pick him in the first round as he´ll probably be available in the third or even fourth round.

BTW I don´t put too much stock into combine numbers but Byron Jones (although not running the 40 yards dash) is by far the best athlete at the position and probably the entire draft.

How does a guy who ran faster than Jalen Collins (a first round corner) lack deep speed?!

D

Deleted member 6794

I think you missed my point....WHY is he only the 8th-10th best corner? From playing experience, performance on the field and athleticism, he should be a first round guy. So why isn't he?

How does a guy who ran faster than Jalen Collins (a first round corner) lack deep speed?!

You´re putting way too much stock into the combine results and especially his 40 yards time.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Schooled huh? Lol it's not that serious bro.
You are what is not serious bro. In addition to what LTF posted, stating the "defense ranked in the bottom half of the league every year" as a fact is a factual error. But it’s not surprising you have trouble identifying facts.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can disagree, but to start insulting with names will not be toleraated..PUT ON IGNORE
You are what is not serious bro. In addition to what LTF posted, stating the "defense ranked in the bottom half of the league every year" as a fact is a factual error. But it’s not surprising you have trouble identifying facts.

Heres something that's not hard to identify ...You're an a hole, and you annoy me. OooOh look! A Fact! Have a nice day:)

OP
OP
S

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a follow up on Rowe, WalterFootball just posted this:

Yesterday, I mentioned defensive back Eric Rowe was making an assault north up draft boards and is a favorite of the Philadelphia Eagles. I'm told he looked terrific in position drills yesterday and was smooth as well as athletic. I've been told for weeks his schedule is bulging at the seams with visits and workouts. This week alone, prior to yesterday's pro day, Rowe had worked out for the Houston Texans, a workout which Marvin Lewis sat in on, had a private workout with the Cleveland Browns who sent their defensive backs coach to Utah to have dinner with Rowe, and met with the DallasCowboys at length the day prior to pro day. More on Rowe's schedule later
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/proday.php#vu4SYXH7ZkZ4DV35.99

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see TT taking a corner until maybe 3rd round at the earliest. He'll probably go Lb in the first and in the 2nd .

Status
Not open for further replies.