mount rushmore of sports

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
who would you put on the mount rushmore of sports?

Babe Ruth
Michael Jordan
Ali
Lombardi

I had a hard time leaving off Greztky or a golfer.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pelé
Jordan
Ruth
Gretzky

I can't define a clear #1 for Football, and there can only be 4.
Those are the CLEAR best in their respective games.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Football: Lombardi
Baseball: Ruth
Basketball: Jordan
Hockey: Gretzky

...and maybe interesting for Europeans like me ;) :
Soccer: Pelé
Formula 1: Senna

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Bart Starr
Vince Lombardi
Reggie White (the Minister of Defense)
Paul Hornung

Oh, too many Packers?

Lombardi
Starr
Lou Gehrig
Michael Jordan

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pelé
Jordan
Ruth
Gretzky

I can't define a clear #1 for Football, and there can only be 4.
Those are the CLEAR best in their respective games.

Maradona is often considered the greatest soccer player of all-time.

Jordan and Gretzky are the only two obvious choices for me.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maradona is often considered the greatest soccer player of all-time.
By ignorants.

Putting it in NFL's terms, Maradona won 1 World Cup. That's it. Okay, he won 1 scudetto and 1 Uefa Eurocup (Europe's 2nd class trophy).

Pelé won 2 Libertadores de América (South America's greatest championship), 2 Club World Championships, and 3 World Cups, the first at the age 17. He had more than 1000 goals, which only Romário was able to do after him. He is still the all time scorer with 1087 goals.

Look at his resumé:
Pelé - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He was elected player of the century by FIFA. The guy is knighted for crying out loud.

And that's only in accomplishments. As a player per se, Pelé was much better. He could play with both legs equally good, he was an excellent header, he was a very good defender. He even played goalie! While Maradona could only use his left leg.

EVERYONE that saw him says he was better than Maradona. Only Argentinians and people who didn't see him play say Maradona was better.

In reality, Maradona wasn't even better than Garrincha...

Personally, I couldn't care less for Pelé. He's a scumbag who only cares about himself, while Maradona, despite being an addicted and doing tons of **** in his life, always stayed loyal to his team and nation. But the fact still is Maradona never even came close to Pelé.

VersusTheMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
By ignorants.

Putting it in NFL's terms, Maradona won 1 World Cup. That's it. Okay, he won 1 scudetto and 1 Uefa Eurocup (Europe's 2nd class trophy).

Pelé won 2 Libertadores de América (South America's greatest championship), 2 Club World Championships, and 3 World Cups, the first at the age 17. He had more than 1000 goals, which only Romário was able to do after him. He is still the all time scorer with 1087 goals.

Look at his resumé:
Pelé - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

He was elected player of the century by FIFA. The guy is knighted for crying out loud.

And that's only in accomplishments. As a player per se, Pelé was much better. He could play with both legs equally good, he was an excellent header, he was a very good defender. He even played goalie! While Maradona could only use his left leg.

EVERYONE that saw him says he was better than Maradona. Only Argentinians and people who didn't see him play say Maradona was better.

In reality, Maradona wasn't even better than Garrincha...

Personally, I couldn't care less for Pelé. He's a scumbag who only cares about himself, while Maradona, despite being an addicted and doing tons of **** in his life, always stayed loyal to his team and nation. But the fact still is Maradona never even came close to Pelé.

Everyone? I stopped reading there. I personally do believe Pele was better but it is far from a overwhelming majority. Many soccer fans make a strong case for Maradona.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone? I stopped reading there. I personally do believe Pele was better but it is far from a overwhelming majority. Many soccer fans make a strong case for Maradona.
Everyone I've ever talked to and has commented on the subject (except for argentinians, again).
Too bad for you that you stopped reading.
It's not debatable. If you had read it, you would know why.
We're comparing Andre Johnson with Jerry Rice. Ladainian Tomlinson with Jim Brown. Payton Manning with Montana or Starr.
Sure, Pele was good, but without Stallone he'd be nothing! (I'm sure there are one or two who might get it).
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbALYBSFlXY"]YouTube - Escape To Victory Trailer 1981 - {Sylvester Stallone}[/ame]

Archangel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My mount rushmore wouldn't have people but the team it self.

Broncos logo, Packers logo, Red Wings logo, and the Michigan Wolverines logo.

Thats my rushmore.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts