Most underrated player of 2016

D

Deleted member 6794

I am going to twist the wording a bit and call it "the player who played way beyond my expectations" and say Jacob Schum.

I thought when TT made this move at the beginning of the season he was absolutely crazy. I am soooo glad I was the crazy one!

Schum has been someone we have needed for a few years now. Sure, like all punters, he has an occasional miss, but for the most part the guy has been clutch and we are actually seeing a punter who can help shift the field position, something Masthay was terrible at. The added bonus, I have not heard one complaint about his ability to hold for Mason.

I agree that Schum has significantly improved over the course of the season but the Packers still finished in only 28th in gross and 25th in net punting average this season. I understand that cold weather has some affect on those numbers but I would still like to see improvement next year.

Schum has been extremely effective in the playoffsso far though.

Scotland Yard

What the hell is going on around here!
Reaction score
Bahktiari.

He's taken a lot of heat from fans, especially when he signed the new contract.

He has proved the contract to be completely justified.

I agree 100%. One of the top five or so pass blocking LT's in the NFL this season.

Go back and look at the thread from when Bahk got his contract and the comments about how "ridiculous" it was for TT to "overpay" for a below average LT. Hilarious! Now they all love him!

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree 100%. One of the top five or so pass blocking LT's in the NFL this season.

Go back and look at the thread from when Bahk got his contract and the comments about how "ridiculous" it was for TT to "overpay" for a below average LT. Hilarious! Now they all love him!

It seemed Thompson overpaid at the time he signed Bakhtiari to an extension. In hindsight that has been proven to be incorrect.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I know I never called him below average, and I always placed the disclaimer that knowing he was injured and needed off season surgery, that he could indeed improve and earn a good contract. He has. But now we have Shields, Matthews, Peppers, Cobb that haven't been. Cobb had couple bright spots, took some big shots and made some big conversions for us in limited spots this year, but overall, he's not what he needs to be.

D

Deleted member 6794

That is the closest I have ever seen you come to an apology and admitting you erred in your analysis.

It seems you have missed several posts in which I have admitted that I was wrong about something.

Members online