Most Underrated/Overrated Players in the NFL?

Scout200

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Out of all the players in the NFL, who is the most overrated and underrated and why?

-Scout

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Over rated. Ben Toothlessburger, Tony Romo.
Under rated. To many to mention. But one for sure. Ryan Grant.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Overrated: Cowboys (you choose anyone not named Jason Witten or DeMarcus Ware. Miles Austin, a top 5 Wr? Romo, a top 5 QB? Elite OL? Terrence Newman? Give me a break. Roy Williams (SS) was a 5 time pro bowler, for crying out loud!)

Underrated: LaMarr Woodley. Underrated and severely underpaid (500k this year).

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
chad oinkopunko way overrated. mark tauscher grossly underrated.

Bullseye! Tauscher and Clifton are one of the best and longest running tackle tandems in the NFL. One only has to look at how Jared allen put up 7.5 sacks in two games against us in their absence to realize how much of an impact those two make. on that note Jared Allen is one of the most overrated players in the NFL if 7.5 of his 14.5 sacks last season came in two games against a back-up tackle that only leaves 7 sacks that came in the other 14 games (playoffs not included, there he again dominated a backup tackle against a Flozell Adams-less cowboys team but was a non-factor against the saints.). 7 sacks in 14 games would be impressive if he were a 3-4 DE but because he is a primary pass rusher in a 4-3 scheme his numbers against starting tackles barely qualify as average.

OP
OP
Scout200

Scout200

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally feel that Vernon Davis is underrated. He has some mad skills but doesn't get the credit he deserves!!

-Scout

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Overrated:Even if he finally calls it quits is Brent Farv.
I don't understand all the bromance for some guy who has been in the league as many years as he has with just one SB win.

Underrated: Either Mark Sanchez or Ely Manning.
They're not getting the praise they should have when they did better things than other QBs.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Overrated. Lots of players on the Dallas Cowboys. Marion the Barbara, Terrance Newman, Roy "Can't catch ****" Williams and Dez Bryant really comes to mind. You think Dez led the league in passing yards and TDs the way the Dallas media drools over that cocky ****. Dallas media HATE Roy Williams and think he is a disaster btw. We'll see, but right now Bryant is HUGELY overrated for a guy who missed his senior year and hasn't played one snap in a regular season NFL game.

Honestly, to some extent the Green Bay Packers are kind of being overrated again. SB talk? I honestly just don't see it this year. I have confidence in the Offense, not so much in the D. I'd love to be proven wrong though. Our crappy Special Teams is gonna cost us some games this year.

Underrated - Every player that doesn't celebrate like an idiot when they do what they are getting paid to do. heh Yeah, I like that answer. Yeah, I know, it's entertainment. But there is something classy in just tossing the ball to the ref and going back to the huddle.

dansz15

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Over: Miles Austin - Guy was a gem for my fantasy team last year but he was only involved in 12 games full time. Give us another great year and the label is gone. Some magazines say he is better than Andre Johnson and the best WR in the league. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Underrate - Stephen Cooper for SD. The one picking up all of the tackles in the middle of the field when Merriman couldnt get to the QB or RB. Basically their sure fire tackler. I wish GB had him in the middle to compliment Barnett.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Overrated: T.O. (Allllllllll the attention he gets for a dude that caught, what, like 55 balls last year? Ridiculous.)

Underrated: Crucify me if you want, but I think Johnny Knox could be a STAR in this league. With the blazing speed and Martz's wide open offense, I see him having a huge year.

Sucks for Chicago that the rest of their team is terrible.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I second Roy Williams being overrated because watching the Dallas - Oakland game he just sucks. If you want to be a #1 WR you cant get jammed at the line.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cullen Jenkins = Underrated
Al Harris = Overrated
London Fletcher = Underrated
Brandon Chilliar = Overrated
Rex Ryan = almost over rated
Tony Dungy = overrated (peyton would have taken any HC to a SB win)
Osi Oooooominoraa= OVERRATED
LT=UNDERRATED
CUTLER-Overrated
Matt Hasselback-underrated
Matt Cassel-Overrated
JETS DEFENSE-OVERRATED
PACKERS D- uh oh....overrated
Brett Favre-Overrated
...i could go on, just don't feel like thinking too much right now

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Overrated: Romo (every time I see that NFL commercial talking about his "legend" of being undrafted and sitting the bench I want to PUKE) and Im sorry, but G Jennings is a bit overrated currently.

Underrated: Phillip Rivers. Some may say hes over rated, but all this kid does is cuts throats. He should def be in the top 5 QB rankings in the league.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
Overrated: Cowboys (you choose anyone not named Jason Witten or DeMarcus Ware. Miles Austin, a top 5 Wr? Romo, a top 5 QB? Elite OL? Terrence Newman? Give me a break. Roy Williams (SS) was a 5 time pro bowler, for crying out loud!)

Underrated: LaMarr Woodley. Underrated and severely underpaid (500k this year).

Couldnt agree with you more!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts