1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Most heartbreaking regular season losses

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Arodgers12, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Arodgers12

Arodgers12 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    Non playoff games just regular season games what were the most heartbreaking losses that you guys can remember all time?

2. Dylan Hoppe

Dylan Hoppe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    They're a all heartbreaking. We should go 16-0 and win every super bowl every year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Dylan Hoppe

Dylan Hoppe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +70
    But in all seriousness, losing to Tampa bay that one year when they were so horrible..that was pretty sad. The chiefs loss when we were on our way to 16-0 a few years back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Beebe82

Beebe82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    1996 against the cowboys, got beat down by a field goal kicker. I remember reggie going after the entire cowboys sideline because they kicked another field goal with about ~2 mins to go

5. PFanCan

PFanCan That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.

Ratings:
    +880
    The most heartbreaking loss?

Losing to the Packers on home field the last week of the 2010 season.

Oh, wait, I'm not a Bears fan. Never mind.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. yooperpackfan

yooperpackfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +371
    I gotta go with KC, dashing the hopes for a perfect season.

7. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +3,295
    This one is easy for me: November 22, 1962 at the Detroit Lions. The Packers had one of the all-time great teams in NFL history and went into the game with a 10-0 record. They lost 26-14, but it wasn’t that close. The Detroit defense totally dominated the Packers’ offense. Starr was sacked 11 times, including one for a safety and he fumbled on another resulting in a Lion’s TD. He threw 2 INTs. Taylor was completely bottled up in the first half and finished rushing for less than 50 yards. The Lions led 23-0 at halftime and the Packers only made it somewhat respectable by scoring 14 points in the 4th quarter.

It ruined what would have been a perfect season. (And it also ruined the chance to never hear about the players from the 1972 Dolphins celebrating the last undefeated teams first loss season after season… :()

8. OCBP

OCBP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    TO's TD catch against the Niners.

Any Bear loss when Bulter kicked a game winner.

9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    I think that was in the playoffs

10. OCBP

OCBP Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    It was. Didn't read the question thoughly.

Stand by any loss against the Bears with Butthead knocking one through the uprights.

11. Joe Nor Cal Packer

Joe Nor Cal Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +95
    The game they lost to the Eagles, in Philadelphia, many years ago. The Eagles converted on a 4th and 26 and won the game.

12. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,827
    That was a playoff game as well.

13. Joe Nor Cal Packer

Joe Nor Cal Packer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +95
    My mistake. Well then put me down for the Fail Mary game against the Seahawks. Given the difficulty of winning a game up there, it was painful to have it stolen by the second string refs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. jaybadger82

jaybadger82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +387
    The infamous "Fail Mary" game against Seattle since we actually won the game.

• Like Like x 1
  15. profile_removed

profile_removed Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    Tampa when they came at us with an 0-8 record. Cincy the same year wasn't great. If you're asking all time I remember a game around '86 or '87 at Lambeau we had a shot at beating the Bears who had owned us for YEARS, they had the ball but it was 4th and 5. All we had to do is bow up for one play. McMahon throws a screen to Fridge for a gain of 6. I admit it, I cried.

16. Zartan

Zartan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +222
    Favre Bowls I and II.

17. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +376
    There are a few moments as a young Packer fan that always have made me cringe. When they are brought up I get physically sick to my stomach. Most of them are playoff games though, (4th and 26, Randy Moss' catch, Michael Vick going off on us for our first home playoff loss- getting a punt blocked!?)

But as far as regular season goes it has to be the Fail Mary game. What broke my heart the most was the fact it came at the hands of former Wisconsin QB Russell Wilson, who a year before lost in two last second controversial calls for the Badgers. Wisconsinites had no luck that year.