Mort's Take on Favre in 2007

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=mortensen_chris&id=2871262

At the moment, Favre is all over espn.com. Tuns of stories/polls.

I know that some will say: Who cares what Mort thinks!

But I thought there was some interesting nuggets in there...Worth posting. I like when he said TT "got cute" with the Moss wrangling :rotflmao: That sounds like Ted.

I don't know, in the end I think a nice upgrade at TE would help us more than at WR. But whatever. We are where we are.

Sorry if this is already posted somewhere else...Didn't see it anywhere...

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mort said reguarding Favre:"He is simply impossible to hate."
Tell that to some of the people here!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am growing really ****ing tired of hearing that TT "let Ahman Green get away". Ahman Green LEFT the Packers for an absurd amount of mad money. I mean, good for Ahman....I begrudge nobody for maximizing their value...but let's face it, his contract numbers are something that only a team with MS in their ear would resort to. But to say he was allowed to get away is patently ridiculous.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that this is really something to note:

Thompson can argue that last year he signed four free agents, including cornerback Charles Woodson. He can also argue his main priority is rebuilding the foundation of the franchise through the draft, and there are some very good personnel men who privately raved about the Packers' first draft pick. Tennessee defensive tackle Justin Harrell can be a disruptive force and should also allow last year's top pick, middle linebacker A.J. Hawk, to thrive at an even higher level

And this:
What about Favre's declaration that he's excited about the talent around him? First of all, he is no dummy. Favre knows you can motivate your teammates with flattery. Also, he was genuinely impressed Thompson had three rookie offensive linemen in 2006 who turned out to be good players.

Very encouraging to a Packers fan. Overall, I think Mort likes the direction of this team. But he is, after all, just another sports writer...

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
. Tennessee defensive tackle Justin Harrell can be a disruptive force and should also allow last year's top pick, middle linebacker A.J. Hawk, to thrive at an even higher level

This is the kind of stuff that drives me crazy about these experts.... at least study the material before you speak... Did Barnett move?

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am growing really ****ing tired of hearing that TT "let Ahman Green get away". Ahman Green LEFT the Packers for an absurd amount of mad money. I mean, good for Ahman....I begrudge nobody for maximizing their value...but let's face it, his contract numbers are something that only a team with MS in their ear would resort to. But to say he was allowed to get away is patently ridiculous.
Don't let it rile you digs........we KNOW the truth!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mort said:
. Tennessee defensive tackle Justin Harrell can be a disruptive force and should also allow last year's top pick, middle linebacker A.J. Hawk, to thrive at an even higher level

This is the kind of stuff that drives me crazy about these experts.... at least study the material before you speak... Did Barnett move?

i know dude. yesterday on ESPN first take (the artist formerly known as Cold Pizza) the guy talked about how GB hasn't picked up a single notable free agent in the last two years. frickin idtiot, gah!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
mort said:

i know dude. yesterday on ESPN first take (the artist formerly known as Cold Pizza) the guy talked about how GB hasn't picked up a single notable free agent in the last two years. frickin idtiot, gah!

I seen that show. Some black guy ive never seen on ESPN before. I had a good laugh at his stupidity.

OP
OP
M

MajicMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
mort said:

Yeah. That is pretty silly/sloppy. Lot's of talkin heads out there. :kickcan: Just regurgitate.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
Don't let it rile you digs........we KNOW the truth!

Good point digs...

Members online

Latest posts