Morency our new 3rd down back?

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think now that Wynn is one and done, your going to see Grant getting the percentage of carries, and V. Morency coming in on thirds for fresh legs. Thats just my opinion

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's the way it worked out in Denver, so I expect the same next week. But with this unsteady RB corps, any other combination is possible the following week.

Has anyone else noticed that Morency has done virtually nothing since his return? Actually, he had a couple decent runs in the Minnesota game, his first game back, and I expected him to improve, but I don't see any sign of that yet. Brandon Jackson showed some flashes as a receiver in the preseason, so maybe he could eventually sneak into the lineup as a third down back.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's funny is I would feel better having grant as the 3rd down back, given morency dances and grant hits the hole right away.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's funny is I would feel better having grant as the 3rd down back, given morency dances and grant hits the hole right away.

A 3rd down back is in there on passing downs, and Morency is very good in the open field after a reception. You are probably thinking of a 3rd and short back, which would be Grant.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was impressed with the way grant ran last night. i hope he can do well with this opportunity. i'm lazy. anybody know how good the KC defense is? I must admit, that is one team i don't follow at all.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
I was impressed with the way grant ran last night. i hope he can do well with this opportunity. i'm lazy. anybody know how good the KC defense is? I must admit, that is one team i don't follow at all.

they are allowing 16 points per game, packers 17 a game

kc 197 yards passing allowed per game, packers 227

q/b rating allowed by kc 74, packers 82.0

kc allowing 109 yards rushing per game, packers allowing 98

kc has 8 ints, packers have 6...both have 7 fumbles

kc has 21 sacks, packers have 18

running games, KC gets about 82 yards per game, and packers get about 72..

Other then SD, KC hasnt had tough comp yet..

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think now that Wynn is one and done, your going to see Grant getting the percentage of carries, and V. Morency coming in on thirds for fresh legs. Thats just my opinion

It is official. Wynn's out for the year on IR. Grant is our starting RB. Morency is our 3rd down back.

Members online

Latest posts