Monty Beisel

Cheezy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think thats how you say his name.....but anyway....i saw on www.kffl.com that the packers are scheduled to meet with LB Monty Beisel from the Cheifs.

2001 Kansas City Chiefs 16 19 16.0 3 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0
2002 Kansas City Chiefs 16 12 10.0 2 0 0 0 0.0 0 0 0
2003 Kansas City Chiefs 12 24 23.0 1 1 0 0 0.0 0 0 0
2004 Kansas City Chiefs 11 54 43.0 11 2.5 1 -1 -1.0 -1 0 0
TOTAL 55 109 92.0 17 3.5 1 -1 -1.0 -1 0 0

I think those stats are ok...but i'd rather see us sign Anthony Simmons.

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they did have a few good defensive players last season. Scott Fujita was one of them and i think he is a free agent but im not positive.

grabthar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The teams that are interested in him are: Packers, Chiefs, Patriots, and Steelers.

If the Pats and Steelers want to bring him in and the Chiefs want him back, he must be worth something. He was a Rush End in college and over the last 3 years has made the transition into LB. He's still learning and is a monster on special teams.

uwbadger12000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is a great STer. I would like it if we brought both Simmons and Beisel. What is the deal w/ Simmons anyway? Last I heard about him is that he visited GB for a 2nd time.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
PackerTraxx said:
Did the Chiefs have anyone that could play defense? :roll: :lol:

seriously. how bad do you have to suck when the chiefs don't want you?

Just ask Truluck, who we traded away 2 draft picks for that I wish we had now :cry:

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My thoughts exactly; if he where any good at all, the Chiefs would really be making a play for him. A former rush end in college; does GB need anymore project players? How about they go out and get ONE legitimate Def playmaker instead resigning a bunch of Sherman's rejects and injury prone vets?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey SB - explain why the Pats are taking a gander at this guy - followin' your premise, that is....(?)

Do we have stats on the guy besides what's been posted..?

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Coach B. has taken a shot to the head or maybe it's because they like to play a 3-4 and 46 Def and rush their outside LBs. Bates has already said he doesn't like to rush/blitz his LBs much. If he can play and we can sign him great! I just see him as a minor role player/project and GB has @ least 24 of those type guys. How about they get one Def playmaker who can actually hold the point of attack, play off the block and make a tackle on the ball carrier for a minimum gain? Would that really be asking too much? I am tired of hearing about how great this guy or that guy could be IF he could stay health....etc. Take all the guys w/ 1 year veteran league minimum contracts, another player or draft pick and get a legitimate Def playmaker or punt....start the rebuilding if there not going to make a run for the SB.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya not a hard choice when NE has a chance to go to the SB and K.C. and GB only have an outside chance. I don't think GB missed out on anything. One thing I am a little concerned about is GB's lack of depth @ LB and the fact that Diggs has had a shoulder problem a couple of times already. Will Diggs become the next Navies...bum shoulder and less productive? That may have been why GB was showing interest in Biesel...they need better depth @ LB than Marshall, Joshue and Lennon?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts