Monday Packer Notes

Travis Duncan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Photo by ICON. Donald Driver is now the all-time Packer leader in receptions and receiving yards.

-Donald Driver now is the career all-time leader in team history for receiving yards.
Driver caught one pass for 10 yards in Sunday's win over the Carolina Panthers and is now holds the team record with 9,666 yards receiving.

“I didn’t expect this to ever happen, but now to be the all-time in all categories in history, that stands for something,” Driver said. “From where I came from to where I am, it’s truly a blessing.”

Driver is also the Packers’ all-time leader in receptions with 703.
-According to an ESPN and other media outlets safety Nick Collins is expected to be OK, after he was taken off the field Sunday on a stretcher. He was taken to a local hospital for an overnight evaluation but the early word is that he will be OK.

"Nick Collins has normal feeling and complete movement in his extremities," said head coach Mike McCarthey after the game.

"As is standard protocol, he will be kept in the hospital overnight for observation. When he returns to Green Bay, he will undergo further testing and evaluation."

Charlie Peprah took Collins' place after the injury and could get the start next week against Chicago.

-The general theme of Sunday's win over the Panther's was "It wasn't pretty, but it's a W"

"It's a road win," said McCarthy after the game.

"Those are always tough. It's important to get your first road win. It wasn't clean. We could sit here and pick apart the things that didn't go right."

"On defense we gave up too many big plays but we were able to take the ball away, which was a big part of our success in the third quarter."

The Panthers racked up 475 yards of offense and 432 of those came off the arm of rookie Cam Newton. But Newton threw three INT's, the redeeming factor for what some people might consider a sub-part defensive performance.

Newton's 432 yards is an NFL single-game rookie record. He passed for 422 yards last week in his NFL debut, is the first player in league history with back-to-back 400-yard passing games to begin a career and his 854 passing yards are the most ever by a player in his first two NFL games.

-Last week Panthers LB Thomas Davis' made a bold proclamation that the Panthers would probably win the game and that he was sick of hearing about Aaron Rodgers.. Of course they did not win, and Davis had just two tackles and three assists, and did not get to Rodgers even once.

The Packers offensive line continued to show they are one of the best in the business allowing just one hit on Rodgers, which was a sack by Panthers defensive end Charles Johnson in the third quarter.

Up next the 1-1 Chicago Bears, who allowed six sacks on Jay Cutler Sunday in a loss to the Saints. Kickoff is at 3:15 CT at Solider Field.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Congrats Donald!!! I'm going to wear my jersey proudly!! :)

Not that I didn't before any records were broken!!

What a year he's having!!! New baby :barefoot:, new records... new season! Nice!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Driver beating 10,000 would be awesome. He would need quite a few good receptions though.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Being less than 400 yards away he is almost guaranteed to break the record unless he gets injured. *knocks on wood*

Members online

Latest posts