Mock Draft

Killazach

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dansz15 said:
The more I read and watch Johnson the more I am not so sure about him. They say he is a guy who has the intangibles but his production is sporadic. They also think he is a potential bust. I am in favor of dropping to a 3-4 scheme and getting Maualuga. I have littered these forums in favor of him. Hawk - Barnett - Maualuga - Chillar/Poppinga could be deadly. Throw in Nolan with some interesting blitz packages, like sending DB's or LB's in the gaps and we could be talking business.
Sorry but no..... That's honestly just such a bad idea. Maybe 3rd round we can pick up a LB with our Jets pick, but we need a DT DE and a G :(

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OT seems to be a popular pick on many draft sites. I keep seeying Orakpo going anywhere from #3 to KC to #9 to GB. I think that he may be gone by the time Green Bay picks. I could see GB going anywhere from DE (Johnson, Orakpo, Brown), DT (Raji), LB (Cushing, Mauaugla, Laurentis), or any of the top OT's.

Green Bay should be active in free-agency so that each draft pick isn't an absolute need that needs to immediately come in and produce. If Haynesworth or Peppers are picked up, GB can pick the best player available.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
goingdeep said:
I like the Orakpo and Julius Peppers combo as well. However I expect nothing from the FA market with TT in the GM seat.

I agree that TT more than likely will sleep through free-agency.

But, if they get Orakpo AND Peppers, where does Kampman play? :D

smashmouth

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ray Malaeuga USC linebacker he'd be electrifying in the 3-4 which it looks like we'll have come 2009 season

Smash

The Wok

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JenningsLongCatch said:
goingdeep said:
I like the Orakpo and Julius Peppers combo as well. However I expect nothing from the FA market with TT in the GM seat.

That's why you take Orakpo and sign Haynesworth.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3BD said:
http://dcprosportsreport.com/MockDraft.htm

There you go, the most updated list I can find, over 100. Looks like they update this thing every friggin day.

Thanks... this is a really cool link.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone looking at Taylor Mays will have to wait another year.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All-American safety Mays will return to USC for senior season
Jan. 13, 2009
CBSSports.com wire reports

LOS ANGELES -- All-American safety Taylor Mays has decided to return to Southern California for his senior season rather than turn pro.

Mays: 'Returning to USC will help me be the best player I can be and put me in the best position possible for the next level.' (Getty Images)
"There are a lot more things I want to accomplish as a player, a student and a person, things that I've dreamed about for a long time and that are big goals to me," Mays said in a statement issued by the school Tuesday. "Returning to USC will help me be the best player I can be and put me in the best position possible for the next level."

Mays, a three-year starter, was one of three finalists for the Thorpe Award as the country's top defensive back. Malcolm Jenkins of Ohio State won the award.

"We're obviously delighted to learn of Taylor's decision," USC coach Pete Carroll said. "He's one of the most gifted safeties to ever play at USC and he wants to come back and do it one more time."

Quarterback Mark Sanchez, who passed for 413 yards and four touchdowns and ran for another score in No. 3 USC's 38-24 Rose Bowl victory over Penn State, still hasn't announced whether he'll return for his senior season or turn pro. The deadline for underclassmen to declare for the draft is Thursday.

Tailback C.J. Gable said Monday he'll return to school. He'll be a fourth-year junior next season.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mays must want himself a National Title because he's a definate top-10 pick. He would have been the #1 defensive back off the board... before Malcom Jenkins.

Good luck to him.

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Wok said:
JenningsLongCatch said:
goingdeep said:

That's why you take Orakpo and sign Haynesworth.

Agreed! That's what I want done. Don't know if TT would do it, but that would be great. Signing Haynesworth and Drafting Orakpo would take our D-line from poor to great. Let's hope it happens! :smoke:

jespi10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Orakpo! but if he isnt there for the 9th pick. i say malcolm jenkins. out Dbs are getting old and this guy is damn good. reminds me of a winfield

boisenjm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's a little question for debate. Who is the best defensive player available in the draft? Offensive? It will be interesting to see some opinions on this.

I would have to answer Jenkins or Orakpo on defense and probably Crabtree for offensive. What does everybody else think in their humble opinion?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Curry on defense by miles ( He could do a bad combine, so he could fall to 9, can't blame me for dreaming ) and Jason Smith at offense ( Crabtree if you don't consider the o-line a part of the offense ) close to Andre Smith and Crabtree

nelanator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
boisenjm said:
Here's a little question for debate. Who is the best defensive player available in the draft? Offensive? It will be interesting to see some opinions on this.

I would have to answer Jenkins or Orakpo on defense and probably Crabtree for offensive. What does everybody else think in their humble opinion?

Highest upside on defense - Raji (but he'll never reach his potential)
Best player on defense - Curry
Highest upside on offense - Crabtree
Best player on offense - Crabtree (The guy is a cross between TO [minus the attitude] and Andre Johnson. He is a lock to be a top 5 receiver in the very near future)

Tim

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the pack drafting orakpo, assuming Raji goes before him. If not, i'd love a solid NT to stick in there for a couple years.

boisenjm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would love to see Orakpo at #9 and then at #41 either a solid NT/DT like Ron Brace out of BC or a stud DT/DE like Tyson Jackson. Our defense would immediately be much more intimidating. Especially if we could manage to add a defensive FA to the mix. I love speculating on the draft but everything we say hear will change once we sign a FA or two...hopefully.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was praying we get orakpo, but after this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXJJ14HL5EE
I changed my mind. I KNOW he's from FSU, but even though Orakpo is a beast, he looks more like a DE, and Everett Brown seems more like an OLB. He's way faster, and with Kampman at the other side, you have 2 complementary guys. And I agree with boisenjm, in the 2nd round Peria Jerry (probably will be taken early), Ron Brace or Tyson Jackson would be the choices. If they're not available, any USC Linebackers, Clint Sintim, Larry English, Michael Johnson or D.J Moore. And for round 3 whe can get the other defensive position still in need ( Lb, De or Cb ) or we can go O-Line, with Jamon Meredith and such...

nelanator

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackersRS said:
I was praying we get orakpo, but after this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXJJ14HL5EE
I changed my mind. I KNOW he's from FSU, but even though Orakpo is a beast, he looks more like a DE, and Everett Brown seems more like an OLB. He's way faster, and with Kampman at the other side, you have 2 complementary guys. And I agree with boisenjm, in the 2nd round Peria Jerry (probably will be taken early), Ron Brace or Tyson Jackson would be the choices. If they're not available, any USC Linebackers, Clint Sintim, Larry English, Michael Johnson or D.J Moore. And for round 3 whe can get the other defensive position still in need ( Lb, De or Cb ) or we can go O-Line, with Jamon Meredith and such...

Right on. Orakpo wouldn't fit anywhere in a 3-4, but Brown could be a monster OLB.

packerbacker23

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah i hope the pack dont blow it and not draft orakpo the guy it a beast. i think hes got the speed 4.6 the size 6'3'' 260 to be a really good olb. and the guy seems to have a mean streak. just watch all the other optionsat de olb on youtube and they are all look and sound soft but not this guy

boisenjm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would really like Orakpo at olb unless we do get a guy in FA (Pepperes, Suggs, Dansby) Then I wouldn't mind seeing Malcolm Jenkins, BJ Raji or one of the OT's.

junebug

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with boisenjm in part. I think the pack should grab Raji in the first round and follow it up with Clay Matthews (USC) in the second. Then I think we have to go after Jordan Gross (CAR) in FA. Gross can start at right tackle immediately and Matthews can be huge on special teams, as well as filling a role at OLB. Although I haven't done all my homework yet, so I'm not counting out Orakpo...

Members online

Latest posts